LegacyGT.com

Pontiac G8

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, that's what the :hide: was for. :lol:

I just want to drive this car daily. I just really like the look of it. :iam: Haven't test driven it yeat but I bet out here there are lots of them. :D

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Who cares AWD is for DDs, RWD is for zoom zoom(not the mazda kind)
Seriously, you really don't know what you are talking about...

Other than Rally, AWD is banned in almost every major motorsport because it is FASTER...

Even on a dry track

:spin:

Its the first year, in 09 they say it will have the 6 speed with a clutch this time lol.

Sweet. I know I've said it before but I'll say it again....It probably is a fantastic car. But I know I could probably never bring myself to drive one because it's a pontiac. It's sad, really..

Ok buddy sure it is. You just keep telling yourself that. Im more of a straight line racer and nothing beat RWD.

Ok buddy, whatever you say.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Well I have about a year and a half of payment left on my LGT. When it paid off I will be getting a G8 GXP. :) My wife works at a Pontiac dealer so I can get it at her price. The main reason I haven't got one yet is that I just got 20g and supporting modds and I want to see what it can do and i was waiting the GXP.

Talk like this could get you banned.:lol:

Sweet. I know I've said it before but I'll say it again....It probably is a fantastic car. But I know I could probably never bring myself to drive one because it's a pontiac. It's sad, really..

Here is a challenge. Test drive on and post your impressions. I had no interest in Subarus until I tried a LGT. Don't just dismiss it because its a Pontiac.

I agree with you man, even if I liked the car I'd still have an issue with the logo that it carries. That's why I said, probably the first thing I'd do, as lame as it sounds, would be to re-badge it as Holden Commodore.

Then you still have to deal with the shitty Pontiac dealerships, not that Subaru are that great but if you're in the market to buy a car, might as well also be wary of what kind of service it's backed up by, no?

I'm not a car elitist myself but some things I just can't touch.

The same goes for the Saturn Sky for example. Although it's got Opel GT/Vauxhall written all over it, I'd much rather actually get an OPEL from Europe.

I have a soft spot for Opel. Owned 3 in the family while living back in Europe.

Later edit: an Opel Speedster would be awesome to have :D

I have never had one bad experience at the GM dealers in my area. They are awesome, my trans am had full bolt ons and a bottle in the trunk and they still excepted my warrenty and replaced my valve springs. BTW i dont know why everyone hates pontiac the 3.8liter engine is one of the most reliable in the world. Sure the interiors are a bit cheap looking but so is the WRX. The cars last forever, i cant tell you how many grand ams and prixs i see around here with 200k+miles.

BTW i dont know why everyone hates pontiac the 3.8liter engine is one of the most reliable in the world.

I must agree with this statement. My parents owned a 93 Buick Regal GS (same 3.8 liter) and that thing had over 200K miles when they got rid of it. AND that car is still running today!

Then if the interior and exterior is what you were reffereing to and you like both on the G8 GT then whats the probelm? Most FI engines have a probelm with long term reliability most dont last 200k, but the 3.8 supercharged was also labled one of the most reliable with or without the supercharger.

You have had bad experiences with pontiac dealers? The only ones i found to be shaddy work in Illinois. Like i said my 2000 t/A had the valve springs changed under warrenty when you could clearly see a nitrous express bottle in the trunk, not to mention all the bolt ons under the hood. All the other dealers i have gone to did work fast, right and were great.

Archived