LegacyGT.com

Pontiac G8

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah... I was reading a bit about that... Apparently he was running a tuned ECU and the car had nitrous but the owner claims that it wasn't used on that run. The owner claimed that 100 shot nitrous netted him a 12.60

Probably, they should pick up alot from a tune, since the Ls2 is a 400hp engine but in the g8 it is only rated at 361hp. It probably just has a family sedan tune from factory lol. I have seen tuned ls2s make 415-425hp at the crank with no other mods.

Probably, they should pick up alot from a tune, since the Ls2 is a 400hp engine but in the g8 it is only rated at 361hp. It probably just has a family sedan tune from factory lol. I have seen tuned ls2s make 415-425hp at the crank with no other mods.

The GXP is a Ls2. The GT is a L76 (i think is the term).

wow, never mind, why did they put a truck engine in it. No you are right it is aluminum, i forgot about the l76, i have seen alot of v6 firebirds use those when goin v8 because you can pick them up used for cheap

wow, never mind, why did they put a truck engine in it. No you are right it is aluminum, i forgot about the l76, i have seen alot of v6 firebirds use those when goin v8 because you can pick them up used for cheap

Its the 6.0 Gen IV V8 block. In everything from the Corvette to the Trailblazer SS.

couple of interesting video reviews of G8 and coupe here if you are interested.

Across the US in a G8

To view the entire video, click on: http://media.drive.com.au/?rid=36508&category=Car%20News

Monaro by any other name

To view the entire video, click on: http://media.drive.com.au/?rid=35947&category=Car%20News

The GXP sounds like a decent package for $40K. They need to get rid of those hood scoops though or the car is going to look dated in about 18 months. The UK version looks so much better.

Now, if only they can get the dynamics dialed in...

My car is three years old. It doesn't look dated. Hood scoops ftw.

That being said, I do think the non hood scoop hood does look good, but I think where they are on the hood makes the car look more aggressive.

I don't think the Vauxhall VXR8 is better looking than either the G8 or the upcoming GXP...

^^ your hoodscoop actually accomplishes something ;)

The G8 hood scoops will take heat away from the engine, keeping it cooler. All the scoops on the WS6s did the same thing. They really didnt add any hp, i like the scoops, if you think the car will be date in 18months because it has scoops just remember the GTO and Firebird have had them since the 60s and 70s so basically any car with scoops is outdated.

I like the G8 from a performance perspective and an all around usability....but damn it's hideous!

To each his own. I disagree with your comment though personally. I think it's very nicely styled overall. I don't like the boy-racer'ish aspects of it like the tell-tale Pontiac grill (wing potentially) and other "silliness" but the shape in general is damned sexy to me. The interior though not perfect initially looks like the best yet from GM. I'm impressed overall. Just wish is was a few hundred pounds lighter. I'd give up a little size and interior room for that.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

^^ your hoodscoop actually accomplishes something ;)

As mentioned, the G8 hoodscoop do "something"

I will agree that this "something" is probably worthless, because teh VXR8 doesn't need them.

Anyways, the comment I was referring to was in response to the look of the car, not the function of the scoop.

I like the G8 from a performance perspective and an all around usability....but damn it's hideous!

I have gotten a ton of compliments. One guy went nuts when he saw it because he had never seen it in person. When I went back the dealer to followup on something you should have seen the number of people who came over to the car to check it out.

Archived