LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy gets Harmon Kardon

FameMax

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

beautiful . . . when i get my legacy turbo diesel i can get the HK sound system as an option : )

the diesel is the way to go, 250 ft-lb of torque STOCK and 50mpg!!! perfect!!! now i just need a boat to tow to the lake so i can use all that torque . . .

Does anyone know when the 2009 Legacy will be available. I was this close to buying an '08 last week, but would you believe the only thing holding me up was the stereo system (after I discovered this forum site and learned that you can't just simply change out a Legacy stock stereo). Then I saw on the Subaru site that the '09's will have the H/K system, so now I'm thinking I'll just hold out.

But I do need a new car soon (the one I'm driving is on its last leg), so if these won't be available until October, then I don't know if I can hold out...

Anyone have inside information?

Does anyone know when the 2009 Legacy will be available. I was this close to buying an '08 last week, but would you believe the only thing holding me up was the stereo system (after I discovered this forum site and learned that you can't just simply change out a Legacy stock stereo). Then I saw on the Subaru site that the '09's will have the H/K system, so now I'm thinking I'll just hold out.

But I do need a new car soon (the one I'm driving is on its last leg), so if these won't be available until October, then I don't know if I can hold out...

Anyone have inside information?

You should be okay if you can hold out until around April/May for the 09's. Good luck!

I was Just at the NY auto show and i sat in a Black Spec B. Must have been a 2009 and it hand the harman kardon system and it sounded amazing. I think it a 09 cause it was a spec b and it was black. It also did not have alunnium rear suspension's compenets. Not to hijack but can we see a pic of the spec b rear suspension vs a legacy gt.

asked the rep at the show today and he said production starts june so should be in dealers by july roughly.

And my VIP eligibility starts . . . June 25 . . .

I love it when a plan comes together. . .

btw, actually saw my first Legacy GT in person today, out on the road. A lot smaller than I was expecting, which is good, cuz I like small. Very slick lines.

1. Really surprised they went with an infinite baffle sub.

2. Still stuck with crappy speaker locations for sound stage.

3. Hope I can order the rear package tray in Taupe, or something I can dye taupe so I can do my own upgrade.

Now that multiple companies produce the 'flat' (aka thin depth) subs, it would be easy to build a sealed enclosure for an 8" under the rear tray and keep the trunk spring rods.

HK technology in HUs has been hit/miss since the 90's. Amplifiers were monsters until they tried to condense them in the late 80's(the really good ones had heat sinks with 3.5" fins - wouldn't fint under a seat well).

HK is a parent corporation of Infinity and JBL, yet the speakers look an awful lot like standard high end OEM stuff. Can't wait to hear it. Hopefully will be surprised.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
normal model years, like the '09, dont come out till August.

when a model is refreshed, like the '08, they come out early... like May.

'05 ~ came out in April '04

'06 ~ August '05

'08 ~ May '07

'09 ~ wont be out till August

Very informative. I did not know that. Do other car companies do the same?

2002 Impreza and WRX - Released April 2001

2005 Legacy/Outback - Released April/May 2004

2006 Tribeca - Released in May of 2005

2009 Forester - Released March/April 2008

The only exception I can think of in recent history was the 2008 Impreza. Dealers in New England at least didn't get the car till July/Aug of 2007. I think this had a lot to do with the timed release at autoshows and back in the summer of 2007 there were still a TON of 2007 Imprezas for sale, and the base 2008 offered a model that was rather signifigantly less money then a base 2007.

SOA informed us that the 2010 Outback/Legacy is planned for showrooms in March/April of 2009

I still with they offered the McIntosh head units as they do in Asia...

Oh life...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

No one bought them in the U.S, hence why they are no longer offered. Funny we all wish Subaru still made something they used to sell, yet no one bought them when they did sell them.....

That's subaru's M-O.

Offer something as a toe-in-the-water to test the market, but that thing is so hard to get, hard to find, or not configured attractively, then they blame the customer that the water (market) is cold. Not that they made it too difficult, less value due to being too expensive for what you get, or almost impossible to find when you look for it... Nah, not their fault.

Gee... hard to sell 500 Spec Bs... but they are much more expensive, with far less choice in configurations.

Gee... hard to sell wagons, yet they are not on dealer lots.

Gee... hard to sell Bajas (underpowered for even light towing, slightly ugly), or Tribeca (was horrifically ugly) or 08 WRX (as expensive as a Legacy GT Limited with less equipment, and also horrifically ugly)

Gee... People don't want this stuff.

Yeah. Right. Subaru bears a lot of resonsibility for their product planning and design mistakes. Customers don't design and develop the products. They merely vote with their feet and dollars. Sometimes, like Legacy, the candidate doesn't even show up on the ballot.

No one bought them in the U.S, hence why they are no longer offered. Funny we all wish Subaru still made something they used to sell, yet no one bought them when they did sell them.....

Allow me to correct you my friend...

Subaru NEVER offered McIntosh head unit in the US for Legacies or WRX/STi's, ONLY in Asia and some parts of Europe...

At one point, i believe it was back in 2001 they offered this as an additional option (and an expensive one) for the Outback H6 VDC, and also on the top of the line L.L.Bean edition...

Again, never on the Legacies....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

IMG_1987.jpg.e38d42f9e14278e9d50aa97c3f8e1115.jpg

Well I wonder what I have then?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/Aussiedave_2006/MY07%20Liberty%20GTB%20STI/MY07LibertyGTSpecBSTI024.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/Aussiedave_2006/MY07%20Liberty%20GTB%20STI/17-06-07_1830.jpg

I agree SOA fails to do adequate market research, or react quickly to market changes.

The iPod is arguably the best selling music media storage device and has been since it was released. Yet SOA failed to integrate a simple AUX input, much less direct control, into it's option list until iPod was on 5th generation...

Bluetooth..... Nav....

Their advertising is still focused on the environmental audience, and the family safety audience (at least in television format)..... the only performance media outlet is magazine/print.

Honestly, who learned about the LGT from something other than seeing one on the lot or a magazine test drive review......

No presence in the ad campaigns.....

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Archived