LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy gets Harmon Kardon

FameMax

Hi guys,

Just got back from Subaru of America's Ride and Drive down in Florida. The 2009 Legacy and Outbacks will actually have a Harmon Kardon sound system. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the system in the 2007/08, but at higher volume the Harmon Kardon sounds great! They had a demo 08 Spec B with the new system.

The subwoofer is standard, it is located on the rear seat deck.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Harmon Kardon will be offered in every Outback and Legacy model except for the most basic Outback and Legacy ( the outback 2.5 and the Legacy 2.5i)

For 2009 Every Outback and Legacy will get VDC. Plus I was told to expect some color changes.

Right now they are developing packages and options to make the 09s seem more appealing since 2010 will be all new.

The AUX imput will remain the same. The ipod interface for the Impreza has been one of the best selling accessory for the 08 Impreza. It will be offered for the 09 Legacy

HP and TQ are not suppose to change till 2010.

I was badgering someone from SOA about the Legacy STi. He said, "look at it this way, right now we have a 5 door Impreza STi and no sedan version, A sedan version would be really nice..."

I suspect making the Impreza STi only as a hatch was also a move to open a slot for the Legacy STi

[i was badgering someone from SOA about the Legacy STi. He said, "look at it this way, right now we have a 5 door Impreza STi and no sedan version, A sedan version would be really nice..."

I suspect making the Impreza STi only as a hatch was also a move to open a slot for the Legacy STi

Out of all of the rumor threads going on about the LSTi, you are the first one to think of this!! When you think about it, this really makes tons of sense. True, upscale performance hatches are becoming more popular (A3, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini S, etc), but leaving out a WRX STi sedan does leave a huge gap in the Subaru lineup for an STi sedan, perhaps a Legacy version!

Does the 2009 Legacy get the sweet ipod charging/connection that integrates with the headunit like the new STI has? Or does the 2008 model have that already?

You can make the Impreza iPod integration kit work on 07 & 08 Leggys. I am not sure about your 06, but I think you are SOL unless you have the SAT connection jack in the back of the headunit.

Good discussion of Leggys using iPod kit here. I have done it and it works well.

You can make the Impreza iPod integration kit work on 07 & 08 Leggys. I am not sure about your 06, but I think you are SOL unless you have the SAT connection jack in the back of the headunit.

Good discussion of Leggys using iPod kit here. I have done it and it works well.

Thanks for the post! It doesn't seem like that will work on my 06. But honestly I just want it to be there and work :) It's one of the reasons I am leaning towards a new STI (obviously more than just that, but still). It would be nice to see the new ones have this same feature.

interesting. They are putting a sub where the car was designed to have one, and has had one elsewhere for years.

Should be interesting. If they do it right, maybe I'll have an upgrade or replacement path in a few years. ---Maybe----.

The proof has to be in the pudding, so to speak.

This is excellent news that they are finally offering some additional features like ipod connection and an upgraded stereo, although that Macintosh system in the Asian market Leggys would be even sweeter! What's next? Bluetooth, xenons, and push button start!

I was badgering someone from SOA about the Legacy STi. He said, "look at it this way, right now we have a 5 door Impreza STi and no sedan version, A sedan version would be really nice..."

which means legacy sti sedan? maybe. legacy sti wagon? nope. :spin::spin::spin:

To hell with legacy sti wagon. Would be nice (and would sell better than a sedan overall), but even a SpecB wagon would suffice.

Great just what a Subaru dealership needs, a $40,000 Legacy STI (by my estimates)

This and the new wave of 9 year car loans is the stupidest things I have heard all week.

While I really like the Subaru Legacy, I would never drop that kind of coin for the exclusivity and a few grand in performance parts.

Archived