LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy Spec B Info from NY autoshow

pathfin9

I talked to a subaru rep. at the Press preview at the NY autoshow today, and he confirmed that there will be the Harmon Kardon Sound System in the 2009's and there WILL be new colors as well!

Those colors are Satin White Pearl, the red previously posted, silver, and Obsidian Black Pearl, which I have pics of from the show.

First hand, the Harmon Kardon system sounds great! A lot better than what we have now. And that spot in the back where it looks like a speaker can go....well guess what is now there! Other updates, the leather on the shift book and handbrake boot are nicer and more supple, as well as the leather on the steering wheel and shift knob are smoother now also.

I also asked him about a possible Legacy STi, and his response was this:

"I would love to have an Legacy STi to drive around here, how about you?" of course my answer was yes, and he goes, "There's your answer." He couldnt give any details more than that, but led me on to believe, that it is something they are def. considering. He says he and other Subaru Reps are on NASIOC and Legacygt.com at least once a week. So lets hope they fulfill our dreams.

Hope you enjoyed the news! If I find anymore out I'll post it.

-John

http://picasaweb.google.com/John.R.Coughlin/NewAlbum32008804AM/photo#5179872118475458626

http://picasaweb.google.com/John.R.Coughlin/NewAlbum32008804AM/photo#5179872118475458626

DSC_0202.jpg.779146763527841bb7a2b4aad854e75a.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg.76840df3a33bb42e1055a2a8ee650c06.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg.5ffd958dec64e60aad84dcfc1faa76da.jpg

2112497022_DSC_0210copy.jpg.eb43c09ebf2e4c77c90725dc02161535.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg.016b1e3418b27760c4bb3b7296074f95.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg.80d303dd0ac4b625913475ae5bb8c558.jpg

DSC_0257.jpg.9116cde5d9f58919442767efd7c5df83.jpg

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that harman kardon system looks nice..

I wonder how much that would cost to get it dealer installed?

The Subaru Rep said that you could do it, but it would be a lot more involved than just swapping out stuff. There's different brackets and amps. I personally didnt see the different brackets, so I guess we'll have to wait until it comes out to really tell how easy the swap would be.

Although, I much prefer the music of the boxer rumble a little more than a good stereo, plus that and getting older, the ears cant handle loud music as much as I used to anymore...:lol:

-John

^^ AHHH!!! The stitching of the boots matches the rest of the spec-b gray stitching! This is one of my largest pet peeves! Thanks god, I will be getting those.

I'm hoping that the replacement boots for the cracking shifter and e-brake boots are replaced with these. Cause mine are already cracked, and i've only had my car since Sept! :mad:

I'll be getting it replaced hopefully.

-John

Something I noticed... Right below the shifter there is a metal plate... Does that denote its going to be another "1/500" edition type cars??? If I'm not mistaken, the 07-08 spec B's arent limited to 500 and they dont have that plate there.

And something you shoulda told them... PUT A REAR WIPER :p lol

Good find, thanks for the pics mate.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Something I noticed... Right below the shifter there is a metal plate... Does that denote its going to be another "1/500" edition type cars??? If I'm not mistaken, the 07-08 spec B's arent limited to 500 and they dont have that plate there.

And something you shoulda told them... PUT A REAR WIPER :p lol

Good find, thanks for the pics mate.

Nah, thats just the plate for the SI-drive logo.

Sorry to dissapoint....

Damn, I should have told them about that rear wiper...kinda forgot....i also should have told them to bring back the wagon with MT and bring a Spec B Wagon too! hehehe....

Oh well....i'll try to track him down again.

-John

Guest heightsgtltd

Don't get ahead of yourself sonny ;)

So the HK system is only for SpecBs, or is across the GT line? That's part of why I got confused with your post

So the HK system is only for SpecBs, or is across the GT line? That's part of why I got confused with your post

GT line is probably just SpecB for MY09... if so you can say it comes standard ;)

If SOA really gets on here then hear me out. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE i'm begging like a kid at a candy/toy store. I NEED a turbo diesel subaru, please dont make me go euro on this choice cause i will!!!! I heard the new audi diesels are really nice, but i bet subaru will be better. Oh and 09specB's lookin sweet...

Hehe....Sorry, yes, its all across the GT line, as well as the Outback line. I think it might actually be across the whole Legacy line, not positive though. I wouldnt count on that though. But def. on the GT line.

-John

Guest heightsgtltd

IBthecanIretrofittheharmonkardonspeakersinmy05LGT threads :lol:

BTW, is it just a speaker upgrade, or is the HU different as well?

Archived