LegacyGT.com

The Official Tuning Thread

Infamous1

To get around all the administrator rules and such I just initially install to the desktop. After I have all my definitions and profiles setup via xml, I just move it all over to programs.

You rang??? :)

Oh, yeah. I can not log this f'n ECU. How am I supposed to flash when the FMIC and walbro and dp come? I've followed every instruction, used different o/s and I just don't get it. I'm thinking a baseline ROM for my ride along with a stg 1 to compare and possibly flash might solve problem. I can send you the RR logs with pulls if you tell me what you want me to log.

What do you think about that work-around?

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I try to open them in RR ECU editor they show as .cvs files. But when I try to open them it says defs not found. I loaded the logger defs into the logger and it works. What other defs are there?

There's your problem. RomRaider can only open ECU images and log profiles (the list of parameters to log). It cannot open the logs themselves.

Get used to the fact that pretty much every different task in tuning requires a different piece of software. :) Even creating logs and viewing logs requires two different pieces of software.

Here's a utility that you can use to view log files:

http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic5446.html

Also, since you asked about what parameters to log:

http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic5384.html

Please use normal fonts and sizes.

Where does it say that RomRaider can flash the ECU? If I said that, I'd like to fix it.

If I didn't say that, then you should really work on reading more carefully. I'm not saying that just to be a jerk - you're about to give yourself the power to kill your engine.

The info needed to get all this up and running is out there but It was very difficult for me to put together all the pieces. I can walk you thru a few things if you are welling to do so and/or haven't figured it out already.

The info needed to get all this up and running is out there but It was very difficult for me to put together all the pieces. I can walk you thru a few things if you are welling to do so and/or haven't figured it out already.

I would appreciate any and all help. Mainly, the app to read cvs files doesn't work (incompatable[w7] or just won't

install [xp]) and ECUflash won't hold the new defs, especially for my model meaning I can't get a read on my ECU. Thanks.

Quick update. I am currently on my 4th revision with my VF39, EWG + fueling mods tune. This thing is flying. The cold weather that arrived yesterday may keep me from logging this weekend but I will be back at it as soon as the weather gets a little warmer.

Amazing what can be done to this car. Thanks Infamous.

ok so im looking to go to stage 2 was looking to get a Ap but was reading up and saw bad maps car runs lean or to rich, then open source was a choice.....someone help me out im clueless to all this tuning..my car is a daily driver looking to get sumwhere round stage 2 numbers have cbe catless do nd upipe not installed yet nd soon a tmic or fmic

ok so how does open source work and is it safe for the car?

Don't be intimidated by using OpenSource.

I was not a believer and started up with AcessPort.

After many $ and time, I decided to ditch the AP and go OpenSource.

You will probably use less money to gain power and safer if you go with the right tuner.

Knock Knock "Infamous"

He is a Genius.

I was skeptical about E-Tuning.

However, this guy is good.

Do all things told by Infamous and you will not regret that you chose him as a tuner for sure. ;)

Archived