LegacyGT.com

The Official Tuning Thread

Infamous1

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone ever encounter their AFR number's being off after they changed the AFR target? For instance my AFR targets for CA91oct are 11.0, my current scaling will be spot on with 91oct or even 100oct. But on my race gas map that calls for 12.0 the AFR for the most part never gets higher than 11.7-8ish. This is all in the same voltage range as well. Any theories???

• 4 weeks later...
hey guys. New here, and I will be purchasing an 05 LGT in July. I know I really need to research, which I plan on, but ONE quick question. I just bought a vf39 turbo and sti tmic for my wrx. I just learned that the vf39 works good for the lgt also. So here is my question...how difficult/expensive would it be to install the vf39 on the 05 LGT? will it just bolt right up? What supporting mods do I need? I'm brand new to LGT's but cant wait to get one.

hey guys. New here, and I will be purchasing an 05 LGT in July. I know I really need to research, which I plan on, but ONE quick question. I just bought a vf39 turbo and sti tmic for my wrx. I just learned that the vf39 works good for the lgt also. So here is my question...how difficult/expensive would it be to install the vf39 on the 05 LGT? will it just bolt right up? What supporting mods do I need? I'm brand new to LGT's but cant wait to get one.

You need to do a search for "sti swap". There is a list of parts you need in order to do the swap. I believe the biggest piece is the intake manifold.

There is a girl on here that has done the sti swap that has an 08 sti on order. I'm pretty sure she is removing and selling her sti swap parts after her new sti is delivered. Her username is AKLGT.

• 2 months later...

Hey all...

Looking to get started learning about tuning, but unfortunately most of the boards I'm reading (romraider, osecuroms, etc) don't really have any good beginner guides.

Suggestions on places to read / books to buy / things to do?

If someone can help walk me through this, I'll put together a "how-to" guide with pictures/video/screen captures blog style so others can do it as well.

If your car is an '05 or '06 I'd continue reading forums and consider flashing mickeyd2005's stage 1 basemap. I'd speculate there isn't a better stage 1 map anywhere than that one, commericial or otherwise. Drive around a few miles and log a WOT pull in 3rd gear and post the log here or on the romraider forums. You'll get lots of feedback on logs.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

If your car is an '05 or '06 I'd continue reading forums and consider flashing mickeyd2005's stage 1 basemap. I'd speculate there isn't a better stage 1 map anywhere than that one, commericial or otherwise. Drive around a few miles and log a WOT pull in 3rd gear and post the log here or on the romraider forums. You'll get lots of feedback on logs.

:whore:

You won't get any better than that. There really isn't any starters guides to tuning because so many people have different opinions or strategies to acheive the same result. However don't flash anything until you get a better understanding of what things mean when logging. Start off first logging your stock vehicle and reviewing your stock rom.

:whore:

You won't get any better than that. There really isn't any starters guides to tuning because so many people have different opinions or strategies to acheive the same result. However don't flash anything until you get a better understanding of what things mean when logging. Start off first logging your stock vehicle and reviewing your stock rom.

I actually plan on using mickey's map as a starting point, but because I have the 5EAT he warned me that I really need a transmission cooler. I'd like the boost throttled down a bit under 3500 rpm so I don't ruin the torque converter.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if one of you non-accessport guys could do a write up for this thread about the non-cobb tuning possibilities?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67940

It only covers the AP as of right now.

If you could do the write up, maybe include a few Pics I can have a mod unlock the thread and you can add it to the end as an additional topic?

I think it may help the new members who are generally pointed in that threads direction upon arrival :)

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• 2 months later...
First of all i am a noob. Sad, i know. In the best interest for my car, i want to keep it as "healthy" as possible. So if i buy an AP what sort of tuning would i need to do so i dont risk causing damage to anything?

First of all i am a noob. Sad, i know. In the best interest for my car, i want to keep it as "healthy" as possible. So if i buy an AP what sort of tuning would i need to do so i dont risk causing damage to anything?

Start off with the Cobb maps and log them to see how they run on your car and then get their StreetTuner Software and adjust any areas that show problems in the logs.

Let's kick this pig!

Quick question, I'm debating if I should swing by Precision Tuning here in NJ for a Dynotune/Street tune.. but their price is 450 to tune with the AccessPort or 400 for Open Source... what would the actual difference be in the tune (why is it cheaper for Open Source Tuning) and would there be difference between the two tunes?

Quick question, I'm debating if I should swing by Precision Tuning here in NJ for a Dynotune/Street tune.. but their price is 450 to tune with the AccessPort or 400 for Open Source... what would the actual difference be in the tune (why is it cheaper for Open Source Tuning) and would there be difference between the two tunes?

No difference at all in the total tune, most shops charge more for OS tunes vs AP's because they take a bit longer due to no realtime tuning.

Daily driver. Don't know whether to start slow and go stage 1 to stage 2 or jump right in. If stage 2 which exhaust is best with cobb accessport. Looking at reviews all exhausts seem to not fit well. Installed spt high air flow intake and then read cobb testing which suggests it decreases hp. Any recommendations would be appreciated. If it helps, I was really wanting 07 sti buut couldn't find one locally, so this tells you the kind of performance I would like.

So, I did something I know I am not supposed to do, but I was lazy. I changed out the AVO Intake for the COBB Intake, and DW 740cc inj. for 811cc modified stockers...

Right now I have the Inj scale adjusted for the 811cc injectors and the intake scaling back to stock (what COBB recommends) The car is running rich, so I am guessing I need a higher injector scaling...

Thoughts?

:spin:

So, I did something I know I am not supposed to do, but I was lazy. I changed out the AVO Intake for the COBB Intake, and DW 740cc inj. for 811cc modified stockers...

Right now I have the Inj scale adjusted for the 811cc injectors and the intake scaling back to stock (what COBB recommends) The car is running rich, so I am guessing I need a higher injector scaling...

Thoughts?

I have heard of a number of injectors that didn't match their "flow numbers". Who knows.

Put injectors that you know you have a good scaling for back in and tune the intake, do it right! This is the foundation of your tune, g/s translates into load, which plays an important part in many tables.

Then put the new injectors in and I think you will find sclaing them to be not too difficult.:)

The only way I would keep the stock scaling is if I heard feedback from others saying that the COBB intake works extremely well with the stock scaling.

FWIW I found that the stock airbox (w/ stock MAf calibration) was off by up to 5%, so just listen to my above post.

Archived