LegacyGT.com

The Official Tuning Thread

Infamous1

Well, the reason I took off the DWs is that I had been getting misfires on cylinder 1...

Anyone got their stockers the want to send me to borrow for a week or so? ;)

I have a set of stockers, but shipping from Canada-Us-Canada is a bit.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tuning questions...hmm

I am building a 18g project mostly for street and autox, i have my car in pieces and my list of parts waiting to be installed or partially installed already, I have my DP, CB,vf-40 18g, Tmic, WB255lph, DW740cc, EBCS, Cai, my injectors were wrong they are for a 08 top feed, and im waiting for my one piece header with flex-upipe (one piece) to arrive. So without my header/uppipe i cannot reinstall the turbo.

So when i install the headers with uppipe (flexpipe) cobb catless downpipe and borla cans, is there a certain way to install these all at once?, maybe tighten headers then turbo, dp, cans or hand tighten the whole thing then start at the front?

• 2 weeks later...

More Noob questions..

I am currently using the Cobb AP v1 (TDC Stage 2) and I want to start using an OS map. Per what I have read on the forums, I will need to make a copy of my "stock" map and copy over the tables off of Mickey D's stage 1 tune (for example).

I am assuming the procedure should be as follows:

1 - Unmarry the Cobb AP

2 - Copy the "stock" ECU map

3 - Flash the new OS map

Please let me know if my assumptions are accurate...thanks!

• 3 months later...

im using Windows Vista and trying to read my ECU using an OBD2 TO USB CABLE AND ecufLASH. THE BLUE " Read " icon is clickable but when clicked opens a blank box in which the only thing to click is Cancel. My fan is humming on and off . i tryed disconnecting/reconnecting but nothing seems to be happening. could someone write up a little walkthrough ( wiki one has been studied ) i need something more personal.

Thanks guys

The fans cycling on/off is normal when the green connectors are connected.

The blank box from EcuFlash is not normal. I've never heard of that before... It sounds like EcuFlash is confused. What OBD2-to-USB cable are you using?

Alright, hopefully someone can give me either a good answer or some good advice before time runs out. Right now, I'm dead stock. I even took out the silencer and ended up putting it back in. Anyway, I want to get an AP before the 10% off deal runs out. More than anything, I go 8 miles to work and 8 miles home. Yes, I live life in the fast lane. I don't need or want anything more as I came from a 110hp car to my LGT so this thing already has a hella amount of balls. I guess what I'm wondering is will I be safe to buy the AP from, say, Rallitek with their modded map, load it, log once or twice and be done? And 2nd, when you go to upload a log graph onto a computer to post, is it pretty much like loading a picture from a cell phone where you plug 1 into the other, view the files, and transfer? Or is there some magic to it?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I need some direction here. I am new to this whole ecu tuning world and I am learning. To be brief I have TBE, FMIC and typhoon intake, everything else is stock.

I purchased the cobb ap v2, but I have not connected it yet. I am now coming to understand that there are a bunch of alternative options for tuning. For right now I m hoping to have two different tunes, 1) a stage 2 tune and 2) more gas efficient tune possibly stock. What would be my best option for achieving these results?? cobb also has a free program that is currently available for download called accessTUNER racer where you can change specific variables and do 'live tuning', from what i understand.

What would each of you do in my position??

Can I achieve better results using something other than AP with the accessTUNER?? Would it be cheaper??

Where can I learn to master these these programs??

What programs do you fellas use and why?? advantages and disadvantages??

just got my 06 LGT about a month ago...pretty new to Subaru's. i have plans to get it tuned but i have a question:

what is a protune? and how does that differ from a Cobb tune, or PDX tune (that's going down there and getting it tuned by those fellas right?)

i've tried to search the forums here and i couldnt really get an answer, probably because im new to this forum thing too. can someone help me out?

A Protune tune is when a "hopefully professional and knowledgible" tuner tunes your car on th street or with a chassis dyno. This map will be more tailored to your car and it's supporting mods.

A Cobb tune...(unless you have access to Cobb directly) usually means that you have one of thier generic off the shelf conservation maps. This map will be tuned for spicific parts that you may have on your car but since every car varies slighty (health of the engine and normal manufacturing tolerances) it very conservative tuning.

A PDX tune...usually more agressive than a Cobb off the shelf map but they will usually recommend that you datalog and send the data to them to tweak the map

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

I'm putting a VF52 in my 05 LGT, as well as fuel pump, uppipe, and timer. I live in western Massachusetts, where can I get a good tune?

Not sure exactly how far from you this is, http://efilogics.com/ but the place is good enough my buddy drove there from the philly area and his tune turned out very well.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a n00b Accessport tuning question that hopefully someone wouldnt mind answering. My car is an 08 5mt LGT equipped with the SI-Drive. If I purchased the Cobb AP would the SI-Drive features be negated?

If it does in fact negate that feature is there a way to tune the car (using the AP, or something else) so that the SI-Drive is still functional with more performance based Sport and Sport sharp maps?

I have a n00b Accessport tuning question that hopefully someone wouldnt mind answering. My car is an 08 5mt LGT equipped with the SI-Drive. If I purchased the Cobb AP would the SI-Drive features be negated?

If it does in fact negate that feature is there a way to tune the car (using the AP, or something else) so that the SI-Drive is still functional with more performance based Sport and Sport sharp maps?

SI-drive is just throttle mapping, so even after your car is tuned it will function in the same way. This is regardless if you go Cobb AP or Opensource.

ok so i just picked up my 2005 legacy gt lmtd a few weeks ago, me my self i am more of a body guy so i was wondering wads a good way to go about tuning my car, as in like wads a good way to start off with a intake i heard is bad a drop in or jus satge 1??

Infamous1,

Thanks for the input, that makes a lot more sense. So essentially if I flash a Cobb ots stage 1 map in my LGT and then use the SI-Drive it will further or reduce the effect of that map based on the SI-Drive selection?

Infamous1,

Thanks for the input, that makes a lot more sense. So essentially if I flash a Cobb ots stage 1 map in my LGT and then use the SI-Drive it will further or reduce the effect of that map based on the SI-Drive selection?

The effect will be to the same extent, just on a more powerful map.

Archived