LegacyGT.com

The Official Tuning Thread

Infamous1

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest '08BAMFGT
Just got an '08 LGT 5MT a couple of months ago. from this forum mostly i have read about tunning but where can i go to get some good tunning noob info and what should i look at purchasing first for mods. Ive read stock is ok for stage 1 AP tune?? Some ppl claim dp?? Cat, no cat?? Unfortunately my friend just got me the Cobb SF intake which i read is no good for tunning. Not looking to do much till next summer so i have plenty of time to save and learn, just want to learn right.

Guest '08BAMFGT
Thanks, Read that the other day and the link on #19 Cobb AP didnt work. Thats basically what i want to learn the most about.

The pic there is of the v1, which is essentially obsolete, but I could be wrong. The Cobb AP is one option for tuning. There are open source applications using a laptop and cable. I've been using the APv2 on my 2 LGTs. From a $$ perspective, some people on the forum frown on the expense of the AP and lean toward open source. Since I could afford the AP, I went with that and have had no problems, Stage 1 and now Stage 2 with non-catted UP, catted DP from a group buy on here. Also have larger TMICs on both cars (from GB here). One car has a K&N Typhoon intake and both have CBEs, not a mechanical Stage 2 requirement. Including e-tuning from Infamous, mechanical (with installation labor), and AP for the tunes, I spent <$3500 on both cars for Stage 2. Hope this helps. Enjoy the relationship w/your LGT.

/\/\IkE

• 2 months later...

On a relatively stock (it appears the previous owner put in an HPS CAI, kind of a shame) LGT, does a "stage 1" open source tune put much more stress on the car? I like longevity, but a better "car feel" with a tune sure sounds worth it. Infamous1 seems to be highly regarded.

If nothing else, getting a cable and looking at logs might be worth doing just to do.

Assuming a solid stg 1 tune, in a lot of cases it may be better for longevity.

Assuming I am comfortable with my budget, and I find a good tactrix cable, you might get some of my business. I am assuming a tune can be made in the winter that works fine in the summer too.

You will throw a lean code at the minimum, not to mention throw your target afr way off.

:cool: Figured that. I'm just itching to get the Racer X FMIC and the CAI installed and your tune, but all we get are blizzards :mad:. Can't wait for spring :icon_bigg. Hell, I wanted to put something on.

not sure why but my vag-com cable won't link up with the car...

if the car was tune on stg1 w/tactrix cable will that make a diff?

=( help...

Did you contact my tuner that I referred you to?

He's willing to resolve your problem for free!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i just got a new 2010 legacy gt and i really want to do some cool tuning. mine has a good sound system and plenty of power for know. Its my first new car and i am only a daily driver.

Any suggestions for some COOL TUNES for not a TON of money? Im not afraid to put some down but it has to be worth it. Ive already bought the aftermarket sit pedals, and interior illumination kit.

I plan on maybe getting as many cool sti products as i can

My main focus would be improving the handling. everything else sounds sufficient for now. Any cheap (hundreds not thousands) tweaks that would make it more sporty like an WRX STI without being punishing? Thanks!

Shamar.....I have been reading for awhile about stage 1 tunes. Let me make sure I understand.

I live local to you in the OC. So I can schedule an appointment with you to road tune? And after it's tuned do i get the original file? In case I need to take it to the dealer? I understand I need a cable and laptop to reload....So is this accurate? Any additional info will be much appreciated.

Shamar.....I have been reading for awhile about stage 1 tunes. Let me make sure I understand.

I live local to you in the OC. So I can schedule an appointment with you to road tune? And after it's tuned do i get the original file? In case I need to take it to the dealer? I understand I need a cable and laptop to reload....So is this accurate? Any additional info will be much appreciated.

This is my road tuning thread:http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/infamous-tuning-road-tunes-103998.html

Yes, you can schedule a tune and get a copy of whatever files you want, just bring a flash drive.

Archived