LegacyGT.com

The Official Tuning Thread

Infamous1

Unfourtunately the answer for me was to shift slower. Fast shifts on my LGT cause a bunch of pulled timing in the next gear, even though there were no knock events. This drove me crazy until Cobb tuners explained that they see it and the fix is to just shift slower.
Yeah sucks, if I shift slow or VERY fast with a tad bit of throttle I will get no knock. Weird :confused:

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get it too but, only in the 1-2 shift. I wonder the hesitaion you fell has something to do with the BPV dumping boost and the fast shift is catching the BPV not quit closed. Remember we have drive by wire and mabe the ECU does that to give the BPV time to shut. IT really can't see any other reason for something like that. If I do smoother shift it does not happen. Or do you think it might be programed in to protect the drivetrain from shock so they can last longer?
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I get it too but, only in the 1-2 shift. I wonder the hesitaion you fell has something to do with the BPV dumping boost and the fast shift is catching the BPV not quit closed. Remember we have drive by wire and mabe the ECU does that to give the BPV time to shut. IT really can't see any other reason for something like that. If I do smoother shift it does not happen. Or do you think it might be programed in to protect the drivetrain from shock so they can last longer?

Naw that is something totally different, I have actually logged this event. What we experienced the over the weekend in your car was totally different. When you come over here on sunday I 'll get to see if you also are getting knock after shift.

The version that loads up is the same as the old.

My previous version was an installer, so it put things where it needed them. With the new one, I am obviously not putting all the correct files in the correct folders...

:spin:

You guys may make fun of me, but what the hell... I wanted to see if I could lean out my afr under steady state cruise conditions. So, I was going to change my targeted afr for the applicable cells. Yeah... it won't go above 14.7.

Dooooooohhhhhhh!!!!!!! :redface:

In my 04 GTO, its ECU allowed you to target higher afr's than stoich. That was "fixed" for the 05+ GTO's. The 04 GTO's shared the ECU with some of the Australian Holden's. Someone at the EPA must have overlooked that whole "lean cruise" thing. There was actually a "Lean Cruise" table and some associated parameters. Blah blah blah.... different cars

Well I am confused to what your problem is. It is as simple as downloading the program, saving it where ever you choose, then running the application. The MAF scaling is located in the logger, you just click on the tab labeled "MAF".
There is not an executable file in the file at that location, so you can not use it to "Run the logger"

"run" runs a script for 2 seconds and then is done on mine...

Ok, let's back up. Can you open the progam and run the datalog program?

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I always assume that folks don't keep the Folder links in their zips...

So, now I am trying to get the proper definitions up and running. I downloaded the defs (logger and ecu) from the same location and saved them over top of ecu_defs.xml and logger.xml. I am not seeing many of the parameters I used to...

What gives?

Is the laptop connected to the vehicle? All the parameters do not populate until connected to the car.
OK, so CL/OL Fueling* (status), Engine Load (Direct)* (g/rev), and AFR Learning A, B, C, and D, will all pop up once I am connected to the car? What about all the Turbo dynamics stuff?

Archived