LegacyGT.com

Post your ACCIDENT photos

bsdzine

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My previous S4. Single car accident at 2 MPH in reverse. I was backing into my car port when the snow that was piled up in front of it ripped off my front bumper.:lol:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2250/2191504458_809f9009f1_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2016/2190718399_cef810a9c3_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2262/2191504586_76f26562ed_o.jpg

This is a picture of my car and the F250 that hit me. The car absorbed the impact and I walked away unharmed...love that 5 star rating. The truck hit high and skimmed the frame rail, so only cosmetic damage...still an expensive repair. What sucked was I was in a Mustang for 3 weeks. For turns my Legacy handle quite well, the Mustang's tires squeaked.

DSC03466.thumb.jpg.e0a7debba2a33ea01dfdc25ea0d319e1.jpg

DSC03472.thumb.jpg.de42b653ae6056733f61431460867bb7.jpg

I haven't wrecked my Legacy wagon yet, but here is my '97 Impreza (the wife's now) after some black ice on a (too fast) left turn. The front right hit the curb first and then the rear swung around. I was amazed after when I got under it to see that the rear suspension and drivetrain was designed to take this kind of hit. Notice in the second picture that the lower control arm held and the knuckle pivoted out so the half-shaft popped out of the differential instead of jamming into it! I was pretty glad to see that. Also, the center differential was able to send enough power to the front wheels for us to limp off the road into a nearby parking lot. I was able to fix it all for under $500 including a set of 2002 WRX wheels, a few used suspension bits and a driveway alignment!

146944048_IMG_0179(Medium).jpg.01c763f01ea253b296f5fb0c1749d697.jpg

486034431_IMG_0185(Medium).jpg.48b82f247b0b40edf5f28d74a9e9858d.jpg

How did that happen?

Well, I was at a light ready to make a U-turn. The light turned green so I let off the break and tapped the gas. [i didnt realize it, but my wheel was turned all the way due to the fact youd have to turn to get into that turning lane] So I pressed the gas, and it pulled a hard turn directing me into the median curb. It was pretty bad. =/

The impact of hitting the curb actually broke the wheel/rim off the bolts. Leaving the spokes of the rim on the bolts. The tire popped out hitting the fender, denting it. I could only open the door ajar. The damage: I need a new rim, tire, fender, maybe an axle and cv joint. Which may have been bent.

:).. Please quote with description if possible :)

Nice SVX! I miss my 94 SVX same color red too :(

Here is when my car was parked on the street and my neighbor backed right into me. It doesn't look bad, but it actually made it so I couldn't open the front door.

IIRC about $1200 worth of damage.

http://www.neurosybir.net/nkoan/images/MikeAccidentResized/IMG_1348.jpg

The accident was unreal. Literally standing still in traffic. Some clown in a PT Loser hit me doing 40-50....mph..I was OK except for a puncher wound on my forehead...That was the only OBP 5 mt in FL at when I bot it....very sad day for me....

Only had it 3 mos......Subaru is a great car. I am thankful to god that my daughter was not in the back seat....

Rehab is for quitters.

.... musta been the Dolphins lic....

glad you're okay, I took a similar hit in an '07 GMC Sierra, but I was at a stand still and the guy who hit me was doing 60+ in a '99 1500 HD. I've gotta find my pics of that. Nasty stuff and it goes without saying, nothing, except a truck of similar size would have taken that hit and let the occupants walk away

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

TP, how were your clubs?

Funny you ask. They would not come out of the trunk. The guy's ins. paid me $700 for them. I have only played once since...

I was very lucky....Dr. said so.

Rehab is for quitters.

Archived