LegacyGT.com

Post your ACCIDENT photos

bsdzine

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All.

The other week an idiot pedestrian ran out in rush hour traffic and went up into the windshield of my 04 Legacy gt. $2000 nzd damage.

Pedestrian was lucky to get out of that alive and was blamed entirely, a credit to the shape of the car. Had it been a truck it would have been game over for the pedestrian. Airbag was not deployed. Police said it was bad luck as the pedestrian completely ignored the crosssings and ran out infront of me. I had my fog lights on aswell.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

Hi All.

The other week an idiot pedestrian ran out in rush hour traffic and went up into the windshield of my 04 Legacy gt. $2000 nzd damage.

Pedestrian was lucky to get out of that alive and was blamed entirely, a credit to the shape of the car. Had it been a truck it would have been game over for the pedestrian. Airbag was not deployed. Police said it was bad luck as the pedestrian completely ignored the crosssings and ran out infront of me. I had my fog lights on aswell.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

No. Next time buy a truck.

It is still ugly.

Indeed. Had the car for about a month then that happened. Not the best experience. However I have no sympathy for someone who disregards everyone elses safety and runs straight into 5 lanes of traffic during a busy morning. Lucky I was doing 35-40 as opposed to 60 which would have been fatal. Facial lacerations is a small price to pay.

Of course you mean KPH... 35-40 MPH is likely to be fatal also... :o

Who's paying for the damage?

I was hit by a car while pushing my bike through a crosswalk while I had the walk light. The lady glanced in my direction once, before I arrived, then watched the other direction for a gap - she never looked forward again when she set off.

Not only did I wind up on the hood of her car, but she didn't notice me at first, she kept looking to the side. I had to pound on the hood repeatedly to get her attention. She travelled about 20 feet with me on the hood...

of course then i did the whole British thing just like in National Lampoon Eurpoean Vacation where she was all freaked out and apologetic and I was limping over to the side of the road proclaiming that ; "No, I'm quite allright, honest." (just a flesh wound?).

When I said that she get in her car and drove away - never got a license plate or anythign because I was in shock - nobody else stopped to help. I laid down in the shoulder of the road for a few minutes and was passed by probably 200 cars before I was able to get back up and was able to ride the rest of the way to work - another 6 miles. I had severe bruising on my leg and had difficulty walking for a couple months. Never rode to work again.

The pedestrian is liable due to it being her fault. She is discussing it with her insurance company. It was an American on holiday in NZ. Police suspected she had an argument with her partner before running into the traffic. The partner ran up to me after the accident and said he tried to stop her from running out......

The pedestrian is liable due to it being her fault. She is discussing it with her insurance company. It was an American on holiday in NZ. Police suspected she had an argument with her partner before running into the traffic. The partner ran up to me after the accident and said he tried to stop her from running out......

I hope you were tactful about requesting payment...

My brother was hit by a car when he was 8 - he ran out from behind a bus and was hit by a boy racer who was showing off to his friends by speeding through a school zone. Liability would be 50/50 likely.

The driver arrived at the hospital while my brother was still being treated in the ER - and before even asking if my brother was still alive he asked my mother where he should send the bill for the damage to his car...

Well... As it happens my mother told him what he could do with the bill, in no uncertain terms... That's the day I learned that a mother's love for her child and her protective instinct transcends all normal social and moral values.

He never did get paid. When he tried to press the issue the police issued a report that he was speeding in a school zone and that ended his claim. Unfortunately that report also said my brother ran out from behind a bus, so we had no claim either. (In the UK there is no law to stop for school bus)

Was very polite. This was not a case of speeding/driver negligence. Picture 5 lanes of traffic. 3 of which are going my direction. I was in the third from the left lane. The pedestrian ran right out infront of me giving me no time to brake. It was a case of the pedestrian ran right into it as the car was moving, there was no gap for the pedestrian to run out. The accident was unavoidable. It was confirmed by 3 witnesses and the 3 police attending the accident. I always assume pedestrians are going to do something stupid so am always very cautious when driving around town. But this happened in a split second. Had she ran out in a gap I would have been able to stop because a. I would have seen her and b. the electronic brake force distribution would have helped. The pedestrian and her partner actually wanted to call and apologize.

The pedestrian is liable due to it being her fault. She is discussing it with her insurance company. It was an American on holiday in NZ.

Good luck collecting on that, when she leaves the country. Hopefully insurance takes care of that.

I've been hit by a few cars that didn't stop at stop signs.

One time I went over the roof and down the back. another time I just ended up on the hood. another time I went over the side off the windshield.

Wait a second...

No one caught/commented on this one?

You got hit by a few cars? :eek::redface::lol:

WTF Dude?!?! Most people don't EVER have this happen! You've had it happen multiple times!?!

I'm sorry dude! Just the fact that you can say "and this other time...", is not good!!! :lol: :lol:

Around here, people literally seem to get knocked out of their shoes. I've seen 2 or 3 accident scenes where the shoes were still on the ground, several yards away from the victims. :confused:
When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

Well - this isn't a serious accident, and it wasn't mine, but it's at least a Subaru. And it's actually a bit funny:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEMITjafRZU]YouTube - Subaru Crash[/ame]

Maybe it's a repost since it's a bit old.

453747.png

Not my car. But thought this was quite the accident.

http://www.koreus.com/files/200408/accidentaudia3.jpg

I found a video that goes with this wreck....this scares me....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAmL_pZJea8&feature=related]YouTube - Car crash in Portugal[/ame]

Archived