LegacyGT.com

Post your ACCIDENT photos

bsdzine

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
So, does this count? Got rear ended yesterday by a Mazda CX-5 in heavy traffic on I-95 and it felt bad, but this seems to be the only visible damage. I'm sure the bumper structure underneath the shell needs to be replaced in addition to the shell though.

bumper.jpg.3a9b336d676586893c2faab2526772db.jpg

Btw, how important is that little plastic flap in front of the rear wheels? I still have one on the driver's side, but I think the passenger side one fell off when I got hit.

Take them off. They retain dirt and moisture and causes rust to start.

• 1 year later...

Strange...when I parked it, my front wheels were parallel to the curb and perpendicular to the pavement. This is - opposite.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1471057247.298586.jpg.b93afbe907300238cd8166b28084bbd5.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1471057455.821970.jpg.6e4c3d02e2ca1b327396192e39f01c39.jpg

Edit: this is my 3rd car posted into this thread [emoji20]

Wth?

Was parked in the employee lot at my work, when a stereotype in an older Land Rover Discovery hit me hard enough to shove the leggy up onto the 8" median, spun it around and into a sign. I parked facing North, and was facing south-west when she finally let off the accelerator.

• 9 months later...
This happened in January, 12 miles after getting my Tuning Alliance tune and 800 miles after rebuilding my engine. A truck fishtailed, hit the center barrier, and sideswiped me as I tried to move out of the way. If you look at the tire tracks you can break down the accident. Luckily I got those photos because the police report was terrible :spin: and no one stopped as a witness. The police report had no one at fault and me hitting the truck causing it to fishtail.

IMG_7137.thumb.jpg.ed76d0032c500a9888840cc6cc0151be.jpg

IMG_7139.thumb.jpg.ac9a7c1047015e7dd54db6fa5942c169.jpg

IMG_7131.thumb.jpg.71df15659da3f0fc070961c329527b6e.jpg

IMG_7135.thumb.jpg.f0fac266abecfca1036e5e0b64949b7a.jpg

It may be a total. I had almost identical damage on mine and got totaled in February.

Edit: you're in much better shape actually. My fender, front bumper and rear door were also busted, looks like yours are ok.

Same color Legacy too!

Edit: this is my 3rd car posted into this thread [emoji20]

Same situation. Totaled 3 cars in the last 4 years, one was hail, the other 2 not my fault, all 3 were Subies. I now have a Chevy SS and the wife jumped in a Volvo XC90. Garage suddenly got much smaller :lol:

You're correct. The rear door just had a small dent in it and front bumper some minor scratches. The adjuster wanted to total it but the body shop guy talked him out of it. Hooray for independent adjusters! There was no damage to the suspension/alignment just body panels and the front drivers door. The body shop actually pulled the rear quarter out really well and did minor filler so it didn't need to be replaced. Ended up making money on it but probably broke even considering the time I spent dealing with the insurance companies.

Sorry to hear about your car. At first I didn't like the Atlantic Blue Pearl, but it has grown on me. It changes so much in how it looks based on the lighting.

Was parked in the employee lot at my work, when a stereotype in an older Land Rover Discovery hit me hard enough to shove the leggy up onto the 8" median, spun it around and into a sign. I parked facing North, and was facing south-west when she finally let off the accelerator.

People that do stupid shit like this should have their license taken away

Look at all the carnage. These cars are getting into the territory where they are easily totaled. It's kind of a bummer.

Also I'm an auto adjuster, ask me anything.

Putting these cars into the danger zone is what it's all about

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You're correct. The rear door just had a small dent in it and front bumper some minor scratches. The adjuster wanted to total it but the body shop guy talked him out of it. Hooray for independent adjusters! There was no damage to the suspension/alignment just body panels and the front drivers door. The body shop actually pulled the rear quarter out really well and did minor filler so it didn't need to be replaced. Ended up making money on it but probably broke even considering the time I spent dealing with the insurance companies.

Sorry to hear about your car. At first I didn't like the Atlantic Blue Pearl, but it has grown on me. It changes so much in how it looks based on the lighting.

I let'em have it and jumped into a Chevy SS, which is just bloody murder on the street.

I owned my LGT for 10 years and never gave me issues. It was by far the best car I've owned so far. I took great care of it but the years started to show and seals were starting to go out, etc. It was time to let it go and I'd rather that it got totaled than me having to sell it to a punk kid to abuse it.

Archived