LegacyGT.com

Post your ACCIDENT photos

bsdzine

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'd be appalled if the cops weren't able to do something with that. Its not like your lying and just because he got home they are letting him go? He must know how the system works in that case or be a cop himself so just go home with you following him.

well he got home before they did so they couldn't prove he was driving. im not sure where that leaves me legally. but they found his car and went to his door but no one answered.

You should file the police report anyway - Even if they don't want to charge him with hit and run they should still take "Driver A stated blah blah and Driver B stated blah blah" report. The police cannto charge him with hit/skip if they can't prove he was driving - but your insurance claim does nto require that you *prove* that *he* was driving becuase the insurance is on the car, not the driver. But why did the police not accept your eyewitness testimony that he was the driver?

Your insurance agent should be able to advise, but my uneducated guess would be that you file a claim with your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Your insurance will pay for the damage and subrogate to him. If he continues to deny then it will wind up in court eventually.

So, just to understand this, you followed him until you got a plate# then called the police? Or did you follow him all the way home? Do you have any witnesses?

- Did the accident happen in a location that might be covered by a local business' CCTV camera? (ie the road in front of a gas station is often covered by at least one of the gas station's cameras)

- Was there any visible damage at all on his car? scuffs or anything?

- How did you ge the picture of the truck above - did you go to his house?

- Is he claiming that he was *there* but that there was no actual collision (he may not have felt the contact, so he might honest believe it), or is he claiming that he was never there and you just picked his license plate and physical description at random.

- Can you park your car in front of his car and move them together slowly and see if the damage pattern matches up? (If he honestly believes he did not do the damage then he should be happy for the chance to prove his truck didn't do the damage.)

Even if the police don't want to purse criminal charges for hit/skip your insurance shoudl still go after him for payment based upon your statement. The adjuster should check out both cars.

You should file the police report anyway - Even if they don't want to charge him with hit and run they should still take "Driver A stated blah blah and Driver B stated blah blah" report. The police cannto charge him with hit/skip if they can't prove he was driving - but your insurance claim does nto require that you *prove* that *he* was driving becuase the insurance is on the car, not the driver. But why did the police not accept your eyewitness testimony that he was the driver?

Your insurance agent should be able to advise, but my uneducated guess would be that you file a claim with your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Your insurance will pay for the damage and subrogate to him. If he continues to deny then it will wind up in court eventually.

So, just to understand this, you followed him until you got a plate# then called the police? Or did you follow him all the way home? Do you have any witnesses?

- Did the accident happen in a location that might be covered by a local business' CCTV camera? (ie the road in front of a gas station is often covered by at least one of the gas station's cameras)

it did not happen in view of the camera and it was 2am. no one was around.

- Was there any visible damage at all on his car? scuffs or anything?

yes the plastic bit at the bottom of the bumper was damaged slightly.

the cops noted it on the police report that i had rear damage and he had front damage

- How did you ge the picture of the truck above - did you go to his house?

random google image to show what the front end of an expedition looks like

- Is he claiming that he was *there* but that there was no actual collision (he may not have felt the contact, so he might honest believe it), or is he claiming that he was never there and you just picked his license plate and physical description at random.

im not sure what he is claiming no one answered the door when the cops banged on it. he knows he hit me. he got out and asked if i was ok. i spoke with him to tell him to pull into a lot.

- Can you park your car in front of his car and move them together slowly and see if the damage pattern matches up? (If he honestly believes he did not do the damage then he should be happy for the chance to prove his truck didn't do the damage.)

i suppose i could if i track him down near his house. maybe next time im in that area see if i can at least snap a pic of his truck to show the damage

Even if the police don't want to purse criminal charges for hit/skip your insurance shoudl still go after him for payment based upon your statement. The adjuster should check out both cars.

again after the estimate tomorrow i will contact insurance again and see what they are doing. i am fully covered but i dont think i should have any out of pocket expenses due to a not at fault hit and run.

I was stopped at a red light behind an Oldsmobile. Stoner Kid in a chitty Camaro (6-cyl) slams into me and pushes me into aforementioned Olds. I have 8k miles on my car. I think it would be totalled if it wasn't so new... That was on 11/29/2007, and I don't get her back until 1/11 (tentative)... I tip the scale at around 240# and my neck is fuxxord, but my 115# fiancé seems to me OK. Durable little thing...

Almost $10k in damage and nearly 2 months in the shop. There is some good in all of this... I somehow swung an SUV for my loaner, and I'm using it to move all my stuff from my condo. Also, I used the $$ allotted for the OEM CBE and applied it to a Borla CBE. Thrift ftw.

IMG_0434.JPG.494ebb3f91ee0935658d85b41b30470b.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG.22011a4f727aabaef2cf2631590d1870.JPG

IMG_0441.JPG.bdfe27c4155800e3ed70bbf6ba6e8297.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Just be safe in winter conditions; correct tires and buckle up.

http://www.bedug.com/pics/Mishap.jpg (Not my car, but a "good" accident picture)

And don't forget that there are always fools around you with crappier cars - or drunk drivers. Most likely drunk drivers in crappy cars...

453747.png

Archived