LegacyGT.com

Most annoying LGT trait in daily commute

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HVAC always seems to default to "A/C on", even when I don't want it to, and no ability to just vent in outside air. (these are usually minor)

Inability to adjust the Navi and dash brightness independently - dim the dash lights and the Navi goes almost invisible unless it's truly dark out. Dash lights don't dim enough, either. They are fine for city driving, but not for out in the desert where it really gets dark - dash is always too bright!

Tilt wheel could be MUCH better - very little adjustment here.

I had glass fogging, too. I found that "Invisible Glass" by Stoner (really!) works great. Cuts through the crud without leaving any film or streaks that make you scream ****! when you drive in bright light or glare. ;)

stock radio really pissed me off till i got a system.....SO has anyone found a solution to the dash rattle? I cant stand it....sometime i'll push the dash down with my left hand to stop it for a fewseconds...sometimes hit it

I had glass fogging, too. I found that "Invisible Glass" by Stoner (really!) works great. Cuts through the crud without leaving any film or streaks that make you scream ****! when you drive in bright light or glare. ;)

Invisible glass?

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x312/kagenmateer/ORLY.jpg

Tell me more about this product.

two more:

In the cold before the interior has had time to be fully warmed up, it sounds like my rear window is rattling when I go over a bump, only when it's cold outside though.

And my drivers side floor mat comes off of the hook every other day, and I have an automatic! So my feet aren't moving a whole lot.

Edit:

I also want to know about invisible glass, I looked for it at local auto parts stores within a 3 town radius one day, and everyone thought I was asking them for something illegal when I said do you have stoner invisible glass?

stock radio really pissed me off till i got a system.....SO has anyone found a solution to the dash rattle? I cant stand it....sometime i'll push the dash down with my left hand to stop it for a fewseconds...sometimes hit it

Open all your windows whilest driving at high speed and turn your radio up to full blast that should drown it out

Yeah, it's just a normal LGT :(

Actually it's a LGT with nearly 60k miles on the stock clutch that doesn't catch until well into 75% of the travel.

I feel mine has done this since day one. Friends who know stick refuse to drive my car because of it. And I bought it new so I know wear isn't a issue just crappy clutch engagement.

<~~2008 Owner

- I notice no rattles in my car after 13,000 miles (yes, that's thousand :()

- I think the seats changed from 05-07 to the new 08. People call them "fat seats" because car companies make them big enough to fit our fat American arses (vs. JDMLand where people aren't fat and want to be supported by their seat). I have a friend who had a 05 and drove an 08, and the first thing he complained about was the seats. At first I thought they weren't as gripping as I'd expected (I moved around a little bit), but now after having been planted in that seat so much, it feels leaps and bounds better (no more throwing me around on those offramps).

My windows don't just fog up for no reason... nothing abnormal to report on that front.

Transmission doesn't feel jerky IMO. I also have a 5EAT, so take from it what you will. But when I sport-shift myself it's not jerky (just throw me back in my seat turbo ballsy)

My damn turn signal clicking in the steering column!

If I have my blinker on and I turn the wheel past where it would click the blinker off once I turned back it makes a popping sound like a ratchet has been clicked indicating the wheel is far enough over to auto click the blinker off. Really annoying!

Other than that, very pleased, 25K miles, and the drivers side A pillar rattle is irritating, but I usually just turn the radio up, even though it is an awful stereo.

I can't think of a car that doesn't work like this. You always here the click since the mechanism to turn off the blinker is mechanical.

-HVAC: No one seems to list their actual complaints with the HVAC system, but from what I've read it's not very good. Was this improved in 07/08? One owner listed fogged windows....I imagine turning on the A/C would get rid of that?

There's nothing wrong with the ACC. The people who are complaining just don't understand it. There isn't a single complaint I've seen from anyone here that can't be addressed with some simple adjustments or by modifying usage.

The ACC in the my Legacy is better than that in virtually any car I've been in (Audi, BMW, Acura, etc.).

a few nitpicks:

- auto down window without the auto up

- rear windows don't go all the way down

- windows are mad slow opening/closing

- seems my windows fog way too easy compared to my friend's tC

- some sort of rattling in my passenger door when my bass is only at +2 or higher (my driver side door doesn't have ANY rattles no matter how high the bass is)

- barely any leg room for the rear passengers (my seat is rolled all the way back, and i have to move up for the passenger)

- rough idle when engine is cold

- lag in acceleration when 'putting pedal to metal'

- small compartment space

- how my legacy in particular is missing 73+ horses ;D

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

There's nothing wrong with the ACC. The people who are complaining just don't understand it. There isn't a single complaint I've seen from anyone hear that can't be addressed with some simple adjustments or by modifying usage.

The ACC in the my Legacy is better than that in virtually any car I've been in (Audi, BMW, Acura, etc.).

+1

dash rattling (or whatever else is up there making noise.)

wimpy-feel but still working stock clutch

wimpy-feel but still working stock brakes.

incessant window fogging in cold weather, mandating at least a little defrost at all times.

no right knee room

wearing finish on soft-touch black plastic on the console and passenger door handle.

No factory retained accessory power, or audio input. (still need to get around to buying and putting in the aftermarket alternatives, as well as doing the foglight-to-parking position change, as well)

slightly rough intermittent idle/electrical load changes. I can feel when the regular boxer4 not-smooth idle actually changes slightly more than normal, and the lighting dims for a fraction of a second. I am thinking that bad grounding might be evident there.

The center cubby doesn't stay put, keeps pushing out, could be cubbypod/guages, though.

the fact that little chips in the paint keep happening in weird spots, and I have no idea how. (compound corner of fender panel at the peak of the passenger tail light, for instance...) and that daily driving only serves to wear the paint that much more over time, but the Legacy was not purchased to be a garage queen.

The fact that I don't have a whole lot more money to really and truly upgrade this car to where I think it deserves to be...

All those annoying traits still don't diminish the fact that I can't think of another car that I should have bought, or should now go out and buy instead of this Legacy. I still love this car, and can't think of a better one for the price. (since there is no coupe version of this car... the back seats don't see as many passengers as I thought they might, so far.)

And the fact that I only owe about $5k on it now, and I borrowed $22k for it 13 months ago... Maybe more mod money once the note is paid off... maybe.

There's nothing wrong with the ACC. The people who are complaining just don't understand it. There isn't a single complaint I've seen from anyone hear that can't be addressed with some simple adjustments or by modifying usage.

That is simply not true; the system performs well initially when there is a substantial difference between the ambient temperature and the desired inside temp. After about 30 minutes or at any time that the ambient temp is close to the desired temp the system can't figure out what to do. Sure you can fiddle with the controls to make it do what you want, sort of (no mater how manual you pretend to operate it, the system still decides how much heat corresponds to the selected temp for itself and that is the part that is most screwed up) , which would be great if it had simple controls like the 2.5i models, but it is a mess with the auto climate dual zone set up.

a few nitpicks:

- auto down window without the auto up

- rear windows don't go all the way down

- windows are mad slow opening/closing

- seems my windows fog way too easy compared to my friend's tC

- some sort of rattling in my passenger door when my bass is only at +2 or higher (my driver side door doesn't have ANY rattles no matter how high the bass is)

- barely any leg room for the rear passengers (my seat is rolled all the way back, and i have to move up for the passenger)

- rough idle when engine is cold

- lag in acceleration when 'putting pedal to metal'

- small compartment space

- how my legacy in particular is missing 73+ horses ;D

- safety so idiots don't close themselves in the window or there dogs don't get decapitated or something.

-So stupid kids dont' fall out all sedans have this.

-Try to drive a GM I used to have to rev the engine to get any of them to close and had to do 1 at a time. Actually was a one minute ordeal when I pull in the driveway.

-We also don't have pillars like most cars do we have a nice clean door when the window is down and the window sits on rubber seals, which allow some humidity in I notice it after I wash my car.

-Yeah thats legitimate

-The fact that I at 6'1" don't have the seat nearly all the way back is a bonus to me. If you get people in the back seat then pull up, I would rather have that then no driver leg room.

-Its a boxer engine

-turbo lag drive a V8

-Its not that big of a car, try driving something smaller and you will think its pretty decent.

- is it a i??

Archived