LegacyGT.com

Most annoying LGT trait in daily commute

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great responses.

A few questions:

-HVAC: No one seems to list their actual complaints with the HVAC system, but from what I've read it's not very good. Was this improved in 07/08? One owner listed fogged windows....I imagine turning on the A/C would get rid of that?

-Rattles: I checked and it looks like every owner who complained of the A-pillar rattle owns an 05/06. First/second model year item? Addressed by stiffening a-pillar? Any thoughts on the likelihood this still exists in the 4th year '08 model?

-Seat discomfort: I'm somewhat of a seat guy, and the LGT seats have been extremely comfy on my 10-15 minute sittings. At least, the driver's side. The leather is comfy, the seat cushion is very nice....what am I missing? Is it something that only develops after 20-30 minutes of sitting in it?

Just for comparisons sake...

My biggest complaints with my 06 Civic SI 6-speed are the jerkiness in low gears....this thing is so tightly geared that throttle lift-off or initial tip-in results in the whole car jerking in 1st and 2nd, and a little in 3rd. Of course, all driving in traffic is light tip-in and lift-off....

Second, the drive by wire programming that "hangs" the rpms for a moment when shifting makes getting a smooth shift more difficult. Either me, or the car, is getting better with age.

Rattles that started after 1500 miles

Aside from that, the car needs 100 lb/ft more torque at 3000rpms. But hey, why else would I be on an LGT forum?

Joe

the hvac and how you cannot remove factory stereo and replace it w/ out the know how of saudering and other time consuming and expensive mods....auto down on just driver side...atleast give us auto down on driver and passenger side..or auto up and down on driver side...goodness....umm...think that may be it...for now...

Actually, that reminds me, on one of my "test drives" of an 08 LGT, I noticed that the driver's side window goes up/down at about the speed of my turtle (a yellow eared slider, who is actually probably faster than the window). I mean really, really slow....I've seen partially stuck windows on 18 year old cars move faster.

I take it this is normal?

Joe

Great responses.

A few questions:

-HVAC: No one seems to list their actual complaints with the HVAC system, but from what I've read it's not very good. Was this improved in 07/08? One owner listed fogged windows....I imagine turning on the A/C would get rid of that?

-Rattles: I checked and it looks like every owner who complained of the A-pillar rattle owns an 05/06. First/second model year item? Addressed by stiffening a-pillar? Any thoughts on the likelihood this still exists in the 4th year '08 model?

-Seat discomfort: I'm somewhat of a seat guy, and the LGT seats have been extremely comfy on my 10-15 minute sittings. At least, the driver's side. The leather is comfy, the seat cushion is very nice....what am I missing? Is it something that only develops after 20-30 minutes of sitting in it?

Joe

- I don't know why everyone gripes about the HVAC. Mine seems to work fine. "Fogged" windows are from outgassing from the plastics. Wipe it off.

- When the weather gets cold I do have a couple of buzzes that are kind of annoying but nothing from the A pillar. The Subie A pillars are probably the strongest in the automotive world. The rattle probably comes from the assembled parts.

- Seats are great, IMHO.

Great responses.

A few questions:

Main complaint is if Im using the A/C itll get warm for a while then blow cold again, or when I just want to use the fans to bring in fresh air, the air is ALWAYS HOT, in my other cars it would usually bring in air that is slightly warmer than outside temp, but the legacy always vents in hot air for some reason.

So far no rattles on my 08'. I got just over 3k miles on the car so maybe it hasnt started to fall apart yet.

The 08' seat i find comfortable but the leg room is tight, the dash is too far out and I cant really get to the gas pedal with a vertical foot.

Just for comparisons sake...

My biggest complaints with my 06 Civic SI 6-speed are the jerkiness in low gears....this thing is so tightly geared that throttle lift-off or initial tip-in results in the whole car jerking in 1st and 2nd, and a little in 3rd. Of course, all driving in traffic is light tip-in and lift-off....

With SI drive set to Intelligen mode i usually dont feel the jerkiness in the lower gears

Second, the drive by wire programming that "hangs" the rpms for a moment when shifting makes getting a smooth shift more difficult. Either me, or the car, is getting better with age.

Rattles that started after 1500 miles

Aside from that, the car needs 100 lb/ft more torque at 3000rpms. But hey, why else would I be on an LGT forum?

Joe

My damn turn signal clicking in the steering column!

If I have my blinker on and I turn the wheel past where it would click the blinker off once I turned back it makes a popping sound like a ratchet has been clicked indicating the wheel is far enough over to auto click the blinker off. Really annoying!

Other than that, very pleased, 25K miles, and the drivers side A pillar rattle is irritating, but I usually just turn the radio up, even though it is an awful stereo.

I am really happy with the car but I have some Annoyances:

Tilt steering column is a joke mine is at the highest level and I my leg still touches.

Rattles around the glove box.

No fold down rear seats in the '06.

Console is too close to the accelerator (hell/toe downshifting is awkward to just impossible).

Window fog up easily. You almost always have to use the f/r defogger.

Crappy exterior paint.

The drivers in the mini vans that alway seem to get in from of me and do 20 mph on long twistys roads, which prevent me from feeling my Stg2 Goodness.

The members on the site that alway sell something that I can't afford but I end up buying anyway (damn you all).

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

My damn turn signal clicking in the steering column!

If I have my blinker on and I turn the wheel past where it would click the blinker off once I turned back it makes a popping sound like a ratchet has been clicked indicating the wheel is far enough over to auto click the blinker off. Really annoying!

Other than that, very pleased, 25K miles, and the drivers side A pillar rattle is irritating, but I usually just turn the radio up, even though it is an awful stereo.

My turnsignal is annoying to, my problem is for somereason the signals dont turn off when I make turns. Im not sure if its just because the LGT steering is more responsive than my Accords steering and im not needing to turn the wheel as much to make turns causing it not to click off.

And also the console too close to gas pedal annoys me too, If i could i would rip that pannel off

For me it's the rattles coming from the rear of the car. Sharp plastic on plastic sounds. Gets on my m'fing nerves.

Luckily I like the stereo and it's loud enough to drown them out.

I find the seats to be very comfortable when driving... but when turning I don't like how the sides do little to hold me in place.

:orly: wtf are you doing using the parking lights on a daily commute?

Driving in Baltimore/I-95/D.C. traffic, I often find myself pounding on the steering wheel, dash and steering column in fits of rage as I try to avoid the friggin' idiots that clog the roadways.

This 'road rage' pounding results in inadvertant actuation of the parking light switch.....

HEY! ....maybe that's where the dash rattles came from!

:D

My 05 LGT 5MT has 84000 miles. I replaced two wheel bearings others going bad very annoying on freeway. Window motor died. Window switch going bad. Floor mats dont stay put. A/C died in the fall doesn't work at all. Two ECMs replaced now Check engine light every week for misfire cylinder 1. Changed spark plugs coils and about to find some fuel injectors somewhere. Anybody buy after injectors that are larger and better than stock? And needs an overdrive gear for the highway. 3,500 rpm at 80mph seems high.

+1 on the 3,500 @ 80 being high, my windows fog up too, I hate Idaho drivers (major looky-lue rubber-necker vaginas), +1 on the no fold-down rear seat. I got the car home on the first day and yelled "pHucK!" really loud when I discovered the rear seats don't fold down. I believe folding rear seats starts in '07.

My 05 LGT 5MT has 84000 miles. I replaced two wheel bearings others going bad very annoying on freeway. Window motor died. Window switch going bad. Floor mats dont stay put. A/C died in the fall doesn't work at all. Two ECMs replaced now Check engine light every week for misfire cylinder 1. Changed spark plugs coils and about to find some fuel injectors somewhere. Anybody buy after injectors that are larger and better than stock? And needs an overdrive gear for the highway. 3,500 rpm at 80mph seems high.

+1 on the 05's being a POS. I really think the 05's were the test mules for Subaru.

Archived