LegacyGT.com

Most annoying LGT trait in daily commute

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The driver's window switch sticking, especially when it's humid out. Pressing it hard enough to work almost guarantees it'll activate auto-down. Dealership said this was "normal, because it's a dual mode switch". They're wrong.

Stock armrest is way too low and small to be usable.

That stupid curved plastic shield above the brake pedal the toe of my shoe always catches on.

Driving in stop and go traffic where there's sometimes a fine line between giving it enough gas to move up and not leave cut-me-off space and enough gas to hit boost and almost ram into the guy in front of you.

The driver's window switch sticking, especially when it's humid out. Pressing it hard enough to work almost guarantees it'll activate auto-down. Dealership said this was "normal, because it's a dual mode switch". They're wrong.

Stock armrest is way too low and small to be usable.

That stupid curved plastic shield above the brake pedal the toe of my shoe always catches on.

Driving in stop and go traffic where there's sometimes a fine line between giving it enough gas to move up and not leave cut-me-off space and enough gas to hit boost and almost ram into the guy in front of you.

There is a thread about the sticking 05 window switch.

Let 'em cut you off. They're just going to change lanes in 10 seconds anyway (9 times out of 10). Unless, of course, there's blatant cheating going on in which case turbo lag only induces overly aggresive driving which is a complete waste of energy from every angle 'cause you're not going anywhere fast anyway.

I compete with V8 Crown Vic cabs with their "instatorque" for my patch of paradise. I have learned to anticipate their moves and show them no mercy ( I hate cabbies :mad:). However, if some nut is desperate, it's not worth your brake dust to fight him (usually :redface:).

low profile tires make for harsh driving on crappy roads and highways. Thicker tires are actually something I will take into account when shopping next summer for my Legacy's replacement. I turn the Legacy back August '08. I learned very fast that I HATE low profile tires.

God love the guys around New England who drive LGT's year round. Potholes and frost heaves place a definite limit on how stiff you want a street suspension.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

-Window down button is a PITA, and no auto up.

-A pillar rattle, noisy car overall.

-Stereo.

Love the car tho..

I compete with V8 Crown Vic cabs with their "instatorque" for my patch of paradise. I have learned to anticipate their moves and show them no mercy ( I hate cabbies :mad:). However, if some nut is desperate, it's not worth your brake dust to fight him (usually :redface:).

I hate traffic in general. 90% of ppl don't know road rules/etiquette, but their behavior is also predictable. Some are just crazy, we've all seen them.

God love the guys around New England who drive LGT's year round. Potholes and frost heaves place a definite limit on how stiff you want a street suspension.

I think you might be the first guy ever to call the LGT's stock suspension stiff. :lol:

-Window down button is a PITA, and no auto up.

-A pillar rattle, noisy car overall.

-Stereo.

Love the car tho..

I hate traffic in general. 90% of ppl don't know road rules/etiquette, but their behavior is also predictable. Some are just crazy, we've all seen them.

i was in a bmw convertible, dont know which trim level, and it had a window switch that lowered and or raised all 4 windows. that was a nice switch

my car is fine thank you

Then how are you attempting to defrost/defog your windows? Front or back? Do you use auto front defog? That works great for me -- it puts heat + AC on the front defogger. The rear defroster works great for me... it's a big slower than in some other cars, but still clears the window.

I could forget listening to FM radio on mine - it sounds like pure crap, because there is so much static. Satellite radio is a must for my next vehicle, I am disgusted by the piss poor FM signal I had in my '05 Legacy.

/

I don't have any problem with FM reception, but then again I live in an urban antenna with tons of strong stations.

I think the problem is that in-window antennas in general don't get as good of reception as mast antennas. Would rather have a mast antenna (powered or fixed)? I sure wouldn't. Power antennas constantly break and fixed antennas look ugly.

Archived