LegacyGT.com

Most annoying LGT trait in daily commute

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-So stupid kids dont' fall out all sedans have this.

Um, no, not all sedans have rear windows that don't go all the way down. And it's not a safety thing, it's because the rear doors have the wheel well curve, so there's no room for the window to go down further.

That is simply not true; the system performs well initially when there is a substantial difference between the ambient temperature and the desired inside temp. After about 30 minutes or at any time that the ambient temp is close to the desired temp the system can't figure out what to do. Sure you can fiddle with the controls to make it do what you want, sort of (no mater how manual you pretend to operate it, the system still decides how much heat corresponds to the selected temp for itself and that is the part that is most screwed up) , which would be great if it had simple controls like the 2.5i models, but it is a mess with the auto climate dual zone set up.

My wife and I take lots of long road trips (3+ hours) where the ACC reaches a steady-state condition (e.g. fan on speed 1, face vents, no recirc, etc.). I'm very comfortable at a setting of 72 and I actually don't touch it at all. I do notice some hot/cold cycles but I'm sure that's on purpose to prevent fatigue. I took a E39 BMW on a trip and I had to constantly change the temp between 70-72 every half hour or so.

What I meant by fiddling is when people ask for something weird like "why is there hot air blowing out of the vents when I shut the system off"? The answer is that it puts air out at the last temperature setting. In that case you've got to turn both dials to 65 and then turn it off.

Um, no, not all sedans have rear windows that don't go all the way down. And it's not a safety thing, it's because the rear doors have the wheel well curve, so there's no room for the window to go down further.

Exactly. The half-window-down thing was common on Japanese cars from the 80s and 90s. The windows go down all the way in late-model Toyota Camrys. I've seen some cars where the window does a 90 degree rotation inside of the window frame to go down all the way and clear the wheel well.

What I meant by fiddling is when people ask for something weird like "why is there hot air blowing out of the vents when I shut the system off"? The answer is that it puts air out at the last temperature setting. In that case you've got to turn both dials to 65 and then turn it off.

All you need to do to get the air to stop blowing out of the vents after you hit the off button is push the recirculation button and no air will come out of your vents, regardless of what temp you have your climate control set at.

No auto up on the windows and no auto down on anything but the driver window.

A surprising amount of squeaks and rattles in cold weather for a car with only 28k on the odo.

The seats are uncomfortable for my tall frame on extended drives and definitely lack lateral support in aggressive driving.

Lack of small storage areas available to the driver.

It's still the most fun car I've ever owned......but Subaru definitely has room to improve it for little to no cost.

I can't think of a car that doesn't work like this. You always here the click since the mechanism to turn off the blinker is mechanical.

I am talking about when i first turn the wheel either way, not on the way back to click the blinker off.

Maybe it is just more noticeable in this car than any previous, but it is an annoying trait.

Do you have a Costco around? I know up here they carry 4 packs of Invisible Glass...

What I don't like is the slow rear-window defroster. Also, the mirror heaters are on the same switch as the rear defroster. I liked it seperate like they were on my 03 Outback.

I wish the car didn't rattle like it does

I didn't think to check costco, I should have though because they have EVERYTHING.

I agree with the slow defroster, and the fact that it kills my radio reception, i'd like a seperate switch for each set of defrosters like in the '08.

I didn't think to check costco, I should have though because they have EVERYTHING.

I agree with the slow defroster, and the fact that it kills my radio reception, i'd like a seperate switch for each set of defrosters like in the '08.

There was a TSB for the radio interference problem. I believe it had to do with additional grounding.

I am talking about when i first turn the wheel either way, not on the way back to click the blinker off.

Maybe it is just more noticeable in this car than any previous, but it is an annoying trait.

Yes, I knew what you meant. :) All cars do it, but I won't disagree with your statement that the Legacy is "louder" than others.

Just a tip... search function on top right is your best friend :)

But... there's a few ways to do it. Probably the easiest is this:

Turn igintion to ON just so car is powered (ie: don't start it)

Within 30 seconds (I think 30) you have to buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 20 times (each buckle/unbuckle counts as 1), leave it buckled on the 20th time, and start the car.

No more chime! (I think that's the sequence anyhow, if not just do a search and you should find it)

Bar none the easiest mod ever!!

Just a tip... search function on top right is your best friend :)

But... there's a few ways to do it. Probably the easiest is this:

Turn igintion to ON just so car is powered (ie: don't start it)

Within 30 seconds (I think 30) you have to buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 20 times (each buckle/unbuckle counts as 1), leave it buckled on the 20th time, and start the car.

No more chime! (I think that's the sequence anyhow, if not just do a search and you should find it)

Bar none the easiest mod ever!!

can you reactivate it?

Those of you experiencing a-pillar rattle, try this. When you hear the rattle again, push on the vent next to the a-pillar and tell me if it stops :)

I got the JDM armrest to fix that problem, I always go to rest my arm on the door sill/arm rest, and it's too hard/small to be comfortable :(

Also, the blinker clicking is very quiet, I've driven around with blinkers on more than a few times.

H6, but same annoyances:

- Hunting of "automatic" HVAC system. Our Hondas don't do this. And the second zone is slaved to the driver's side so you don't have to adjust both knobs.

- No telescoping steering column - fixed in '08.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived