LegacyGT.com

New Acura TSX: Going after the Legacy GT?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*Cough* Honda econobox underneath /end Cough

I didn't say I was happy about the lack of torque, I just said good gas mileage.

BTW, I saw a white Civic rusting the other day and it was pretty new, no accident damage. I know it was pretty new because it was a hybrid. Tis a shame. They still havent figured that one out. The rusting that is.

I didn't say I was happy about the lack of torque, I just said good gas mileage.

BTW, I saw a white Civic rusting the other day and it was pretty new, no accident damage. I know it was pretty new because it was a hybrid. Tis a shame. They still havent figured that one out. The rusting that is.

My cousins who have owned Hondas have always dealt with rusting (their models were from the 90's) ofcourse Acura is a "step up" but far from being its own.

Our legacies would too if they had smaller engines and FWD and 6 speed MTs/5 speed autos in n/a models:lol:

Fixed

My cousins who have owned Hondas have always dealt with rusting (their models were from the 90's) ofcourse Acura is a "step up" but far from being its own.

My roomates Acura is rusting in 4 places.

Is Honda's SH-AWD system better then Subaru's? Isn't basically 100% fwd until the car starts slipping, then it transfers 5% of its power to the rear?

It can transfer 100% of the power to any wheel. Is that a good thing? I dunno. I guess it all depends on the driver.

• 2 months later...

That sucks!!! Only two more payments on my lease and I was going to buy the car in hopes of waiting until the Turbo TSX with AWD was out..

I'll have to wait until next year for the new TL.... :confused: I am going to the NY Autoshow. I have gone for the past 18 years or so.. :) Then I'll make my final decision.

Maybe I'll have to lease a new LGT in the meantime... ;)

What isn't bigger is the engine. Honda's 2.4-liter i-VTEC DOHC four returns as the TSX's sole power plant. When lashed to a six-speed manual transaxle it will be rated at 201 horsepower and 172 pound-feet of peak torque. That's down four ponies from the 205-hp rating the engine carries in the 2008 TSX, but up 8 lb-ft of torque. Acura claims that the better midrange oomph means the 2009 model should launch harder, with better responsiveness through corners.

Subaru can breathe safe. People will still have reason to buy a LGT over a TSX.

The TSX is pretty pricey as it stands, I couldn't imagine the bump in price a turbo and AWD would add to the bottom line.

I think $28k is a ridiculous starting price for that car. If had more power, that would be different, but at 205 hp I would expect a car like this to start at $26k.

Acura took a page from the Subaru book! TSX sales were down 13% in 2007 versus 2006. Down 19% December 2007 from December 2006, and down 21%from January 2008 from January 2007.

The changes for 2009 aren't going to really help...

Its interesting, I have a friend who keeps leasing Acuras. She moved from a TL to a TSX and her salesman told her that alot of people are doing it for the gas mileage. That was in late 2006.

What makes you think Acuras have better build quality than Subarus? Nearly every consumer group that tracks reliability has Subaru right with Acura. My rusty memory seems to recall Consumer Reports rated Subies 2nd only to Lexus. And I guess I'm a bit old fashioned but I think my Leggy looks better than anything available from Honda/Acura, Toyota/Lexus or Nissan/Infiniti. I'm also really glad I don't see 4 other Leggys in every parking lot I pass. Can Subaru step it up? Sure and they should, but I don't see anything less than 55-60K I would trade for.
You're just jealous that the Voices talk to Me. :cool:

anecdotally i've had far more gremlins in my 05 LGT than I in my 91 integra when compared from then to now. granted, my legacy can outhustle that acura every day of the week and twice on sundays.

as for the uniqueness factor that people always throw around here, it all depends on what you are looking for. some folks just want good, reliable, and fun transportation and could really care less if everyone else had one, too. I mean, hell, I could think of 10 cars that look and drive like crap that I could drive around and never see a clone but really, is it worth it?

as for anything else <60k, I could think of several I'd rather have (i live in So Cal so don't really need the AWD). but for anything else for comprable money, or more importantly, best value for the money, then I would agree, this is a damn fine car.

What makes you think Acuras have better build quality than Subarus? Nearly every consumer group that tracks reliability has Subaru right with Acura. My rusty memory seems to recall Consumer Reports rated Subies 2nd only to Lexus. And I guess I'm a bit old fashioned but I think my Leggy looks better than anything available from Honda/Acura, Toyota/Lexus or Nissan/Infiniti. I'm also really glad I don't see 4 other Leggys in every parking lot I pass. Can Subaru step it up? Sure and they should, but I don't see anything less than 55-60K I would trade for.

:stupid:

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Archived