LegacyGT.com

New Acura TSX: Going after the Legacy GT?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just saw the latest gen impreza in the streets earlier today...nothing spectacular...definitely a toned down body, didn't like it at all... reminded me of a ford for some reason...

Also, the tsx is a great car (i had one, just sold it), but even it goes AWD, it'll never have the legacy (no pun intended) of subaru's history. period.

The TSX is not going after the LGT. Most people don't know the LGT exists, so you can't go after something that is invisible.

Oh so true, I've been to Subaru meets where WRX owners didn't even know the Legacy was offered with a turbo engine.

Actually Honda is known as having some of the best transmissions. I had 100k on my prelude with zero transmission problems that I sold for this LGT.

Transmission problems?!!! Wow.

'93 accord, 173k miles, auto, no fluid changes, no faults

'91 crx, 91k, manual, no faults

'93 accord, 250k miles, manual, no faults

'92 accord, 200k miles, manual, utterly thrashed to hell, no faults

(obviously not all my cars, only the first one was)

Not to mention that the cheapest civic, heck even that beat 92 accord had better shifter feel that my ob

Oh I forgot what I actually meant to say. Damn, that car is beautiful, though I think its going to be going after the lexus IS more than the Legacy. Nothing is like my outback, and I wouldnt trade it for the world, but between this option and leggy gt sedan, I'd be far more inclined to take the rock solid honda product

Maybe not dramatic failure, but definitely not the best transmissions. I have owned a few Hondas as well.

But let's look at it this way. The transmission is definitely not the strongest part of a Honda. So if looking at the new TSX from the point of a car enthusiast that will love to mod the car, how well do you think that transmission is going to hold up?

That is my point.

X

---

The TSX is not going after the LGT. Most people don't know the LGT exists, so you can't go after something that is invisible.

That's one of the things I like best about our cars.

From what I know/hear, Honda manual transmissions are among the best. It's their automatic transmissions that have had problems.

I am referring about the auto's just like I posted the edit a few posts above.

Most like the SH-AWD won't be on any manual transmission.

X

---

The problems Honda/Acura have had with their transmissions have been with the 5-spd automatics from 99-04. There hasnt been as many failures in the upgraded/newer transmissions.

True. The bad transmissions plague the 01-03 CL, CL-S, 99-03 TL, TL-S, & Odyssey’s that fall into those years.

Pretty much anything based off the 3.2 engine w/ a 5 spd auto has a bad transmission. S-Type seem to be a little more prone due to the bump in power.

Mine has been fine so far (85K, knock on wood). Honda bumped the warranty up on the transmission to 109K/7 years.

"The model to get will be the Type-S version of the TSX that will be powered by the same 2.3L turbocharged engine that currently resides in the RDX crossover. In the TSX the 2.3L engine will put out around 260 horsepower"

I was just telling my roommate two days ago that Acura should take the RDX engine and make a TSX-S w/ it....random. Sounds like a pretty nice car actually...glad to see Honda is jumping into AWD...even if it is SH-AWD

A turbo TSX would be great. My wife has a TSX. Its been an awesome car but it could use 50 usable horsepower and some torque. (the current 205 is too high on the powerband) The handling is good and the interior is done very well. The navigation and bluetooth are done nicely and the voice command actually works. It has been flawless and we are averaging 25mpg (city driving)

Archived