LegacyGT.com

New Acura TSX: Going after the Legacy GT?

Oh come off it.. that's not going to make or break the sale...

Obviously it didn't since many of us chose the LGT over the TSX. HID's would be nice now considering most cars in the price range/segment come w/ them.

Couldn't agree with you more pal..

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

:whore:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think people who complain about HID's are too sensitive. The only HID's that bother me are people who use HID bulbs that are 8-10K...far from any stock light spectrum. Lifted trucks and full-size vans bother me more than the HID's on a sedan.

There's a reason manufacturers use HID's -- they help you see better than conventional bulbs. In my opinion, they make a car more aesthetically pleasing too...I'm sure others would agree.

Not trying to start a war or get off track...just my 2c.

I've driven all SH-AWD cars from Honda and they all drive like poop.

They'll have to do more then just dropping in the RDX drivertrain into the TSX to make me a believer.

+1000

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

They're not helping me see any better when they are on an oncoming car and blinding me.. If I need more light, that's what my high-beams are for :lol:

Not to mention the flickering effect in your mirror from them when someone is following you

They don't blind me...I don't know what to tell you http://www.acurazine.com/forums/images/smilies/shrug.gif

Maybe I should get rid of my headlights all together and strap some candals on my hood...then I wouldn't have to worry about blinding you :)

I've driven all SH-AWD cars from Honda and they all drive like poop.

They'll have to do more then just dropping in the RDX drivertrain into the TSX to make me a believer.

SH-AWD is shite compared to Subaru, so is Haldex, but like I said we are the only ones that care :( Majority of people don't give a damn as long as you tell them "Its got AWD sir, ma'am" :)

And "super handling" sounds way cooler to a non-informed person, ricer or average Jo even if they don't know what it means. Add to that that most of these people already have (or have had) a Honda or Blandyota in their driveway, who do you think will get their money?

Actually, I would be tempted to avoid buying another LGT if it came with HID's... I'd rather not buy something that annoys other people..

You and your HID loathing.

Obvisouly this would be an option. Come on its Subaru. And you gotta agree that this option would definately entice some people.

What I mean is that all the "Honda technology" really is third party add-ons - multimedia stuff provided by alpine or whoever... Yes, I do think Subaru could do better in this regard...

Most manufacturers do this for cabin electronics. Its Honda technology if they are the one who asked for it and implement it.

SHit-AWD.. overly complicated, more crap to go wrong.. just think of the cost to replace that rear diff when the clutch packs wear out :lol:

Overly complicated by who's standards. It offers a benefit over the run of the mill electronic AWD systems found out there. I think future iterations on performance vehicles will offer more of a benefit. I also don't think most Acura drivers are worried about their clutch packs wearing out in 10 years. (my infiniti had 150,00 miles on it and the clutch pack was just fine) You could basically say this about any technology. It can break and be expensive to fix.

Bluetooth - great.. so now people can find it even easier to be distracted by phoen conversations :lol:

Yea we should just have people holding their phones... thats a better solution.

5.1 audio.. 6 channels of sound for two channel audio CD's and MP3 files??? :lol:

ummm last time I checked... DVD-A offers full 5.1 audio. More cars are offering the technology so the standard should grow. My mom has a couple DVD-A discs for her car.

The purely mechanical AWD system on my XT is better than the electronic system on my last H6... I'm still not sold on stability control - it's just an excuse for allowing uneducated drivers on the road...

Next you will be telling me that ABS is a stupid invention for dumb drivers.

I agree.. Subaru lacks in this department.

I thought you were just praising VTEC?!?! :lol:

It was a joke. The ricer idea of VTEC is like a power explosive surge like a turbo kicking in.

I do agree that Subaru needs to catch up in that department, but they also need to not let competing with things like SH-AWD and bluetooth get ahead of their core values of a solid, reliable car with good handling dynamics and a simple, effective drivetrain.

I dont think adding bluetooth, HIDs and a good stereo will water down Subaru too much.

I figured Honda would start mashing this engine into their entire line up soon, as soon as I saw it in the RDX (a year ago now???).

This will filter down to more Acura and Honda models, and just climb up the horsepower ladder as years go by...

By 2010, I venture we will see this in at least 5 different models and it'll be engineered to hit over 300hp.

SH-AWD will be pushed to more and more vehicles as an option too.

Of course Honda will be fully into diesels/ turbo-diesels and hydrogen-propelled flying cars by then too.:lol:

:lol:

that spy shot a few pages back looks like a newer camry:confused:, yay another boat looking car:spin:

my mom has an 07 tl, its nice, but if im going to spend dough on a luxury car it better be a lexus

honda/acura ive never seen manual failures......cept this 1 rsx but it was a 1st year, meanwhile my moms auto 00 and 02 tl.....i got tired of replacing transmissions, but my neighbors accord ran 150k till i got a used trans for her, but it was a 4cyl

least its not a nissan auto trans

now the legacy, i personally do not have a limited, but i have driven one. the legacy with a 3.0 and loaded, surpasses a camry, maxima, and accord imo, but is alost there with the lexus acura group.

i just saw that rear endhttp://world.honda.com/news/2004/photo/4040401/images/01.jpg

oh god id hate for this to ever fail

I hope they offer an s-type wagon. If so, I'm all over it.

When was the last time you saw a wagon from Honda/Acura? IIRC I think the 94-97 Accord was the last wagon from Honda. Never anything from Acura.

X

---

When was the last time you saw a wagon from Honda/Acura? IIRC I think the 94-97 Accord was the last wagon from Honda. Never anything from Acura.

That maybe true, but let's hope they bring the Accord Tourer Concept here. It's based on the next gen euro accord like the TSX.

:lol:

that spy shot a few pages back looks like a newer camry:confused:, yay another boat looking car:spin:

my mom has an 07 tl, its nice, but if im going to spend dough on a luxury car it better be a lexus

honda/acura ive never seen manual failures......cept this 1 rsx but it was a 1st year, meanwhile my moms auto 00 and 02 tl.....i got tired of replacing transmissions, but my neighbors accord ran 150k till i got a used trans for her, but it was a 4cyl

least its not a nissan auto trans

now the legacy, i personally do not have a limited, but i have driven one. the legacy with a 3.0 and loaded, surpasses a camry, maxima, and accord imo, but is alost there with the lexus acura group.

i just saw that rear endhttp://world.honda.com/news/2004/photo/4040401/images/01.jpg

oh god id hate for this to ever fail

Subaru has used Jatco (Nissan) transmissions. So has VW, Jaguar, Mitubishi and a host of others.

Wow... I never knew so many people here would buy a car that drives like poop(like all SH-AWD cars) just so they can have DVD-A, bluetooth and voice commands.

I though people here were driving enthusiasts.

The HLSD in spec. B does a much better job of rotating the car then having to resort to this mess:

http://world.honda.com/news/2004/photo/4040401/images/01.jpg

Honda only developed "super happy all woman drive"(SH-AWD) because they didn't want to pay anyone for rights for a proper AWD system. Just because the two back wheels get power doesn't make it sporty or even more capable then traditional AWD systems.

you cant avoid the flicker, but even oem h7s do the same not as bright though.

and i would say most of the people blinding have their lights aimed too high just like most of the tools on the road with halogens, although most xenon equipped cars now have auto leveling projectors.

as far as buying an acura i doubt i ever will again. overpriced hondas and i hate their power windows and their brakes.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

The current FWD TSX weighs 3,257 lbs w/ a MT. My guess is that the AWD TSX S-type will weigh around 3,600 lbs or more, pretty porky for a smallish (90.9 cubic feet interior space) compact sedan.

In comparison, the new WRX sedan weighs 3,142 lbs w/ AWD and a MT and has 94.4 cubic feet of interior space. (Yes, the new Impreza has more interior space than the Legacy sedan.)

ummm...WHAT???

400lbs for awd???

do not forget that the hatch is higher than the trunk. i know the gt seats are thick as hell don't recall how thin the cheap cloth seats were in the wrx i rode in.

Subaru has used Jatco (Nissan) transmissions. So has VW, Jaguar, Mitubishi and a host of others.

uhhh...don't you mean nissan/infinity has used subaru trannies?

i am pretty certain that vw got zf trannies. older jag j type r got one from mercedes. getrag comes to mid as well.

if the turbo awd tsx is good for it's price range when i am ready to buy again, i have no problems changing. i am not brand loyal and if it is a good product, it is a good product. vice versa for a poorly made one.

an 09 legacy would have to be "better". i'd give up acceleration for cornering and braking. we'll see.

also keep in mind...i seriously doubt the subaru is really a competitor for acura. let's be honest. the only reason you would consider the current tsx is for the price tag. i figured the gt and the tsx both suck in all areas except the gt had awd and acceleration. now, if the awd f/i tsx is roughly the same price as a legacy then who wouldn't jump ship? do you really think that subaru will turn around it's dumbass ideas in less than 2 years? everything they are doing wrong they have been for some time. look at the last gen legacy gt...was there anything gt about it? it took subaru how long to offer 5speed autos? the mazda 6 has 6speeds now for at least a year and that car can be had for 25k with options. awd and a turbo would push it to 30. oh wait the speed 6 was right there. if the speed 6 had an auto i would be posting there right now.

don't even go on and start trashing the "competitors" awd system. the legacy for years has had that "crap" 90:10 split for a long ass time and i don't see people constantly flipping over from the lack of 50:50 split. good tires > stupid.

the tl's next redesign im guessing will have awd as well. then what?

also...toyota really pumped up their lexus line. that new 3.5 liter is crazy. honda has nothing except the waaaay over priced rl and a decent tl. imo, acura needs to compete and the tsx with awd and turbo will help it. imo, honda has a different competitor in mind. subaru's new focus/corrola redesign is pathetic. not to mention they based it off of an already developed car. i love their marketing to. they actually try to make it sound like the lack of top end is better. come on people...open your eyes. i would put money down and say the acura will be a complete machine. mod market will be huge and cheap, reliability, customer service, nice looking car that won't get f**ked up every 2 years, resale....need i go on?

im no fanboy but im not stoopid either.

also...toyota really pumped up their lexus line. that new 3.5 liter is crazy. honda has nothing except the waaaay over priced rl and a decent tl. imo, acura needs to compete and the tsx with awd and turbo will help it. imo, honda has a different competitor in mind.

The direct injected 3.5L is ridiculous in both power and gas mileage. The RL has yet to actually sell well, so thank goodness for Acura that the TL has been such a success.

Archived