LegacyGT.com

New Acura TSX: Going after the Legacy GT?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is a standard feature list for the 08 tsx. mind you...half the features i am sure Subaru will incorporate over the next 5 years.

http://www.acura.com/bap/bap_features.asp?offerzip=98275&MODEL=CL9688JW&MODELNAME=TSX&DIVISION=B&SERIESNAME=TSX&SERIESID=728&YEAR=2008&FEATURE=&MODULE=TSX&SERIES=728&media=&ECOLOR=NH-700M&ICOLOR=EN&SELECTED=TSX0008035,TSX0008008,TSX0008016,TSX0008021,TSX0008024,TSX0008025,TSX0008026&INCLUDED=&REQUIRED=TSX0008023#1

please...!!!! let a turbo version go for under 35. for what i just posted base price was 28k.

if the turbo awd tsx is good for it's price range when i am ready to buy again, i have no problems changing. i am not brand loyal and if it is a good product, it is a good product. vice versa for a poorly made one.

an 09 legacy would have to be "better". i'd give up acceleration for cornering and braking. we'll see.

also keep in mind...i seriously doubt the subaru is really a competitor for acura. let's be honest. the only reason you would consider the current tsx is for the price tag. i figured the gt and the tsx both suck in all areas except the gt had awd and acceleration. now, if the awd f/i tsx is roughly the same price as a legacy then who wouldn't jump ship? do you really think that subaru will turn around it's dumbass ideas in less than 2 years? everything they are doing wrong they have been for some time. look at the last gen legacy gt...was there anything gt about it? it took subaru how long to offer 5speed autos? the mazda 6 has 6speeds now for at least a year and that car can be had for 25k with options. awd and a turbo would push it to 30. oh wait the speed 6 was right there. if the speed 6 had an auto i would be posting there right now.

don't even go on and start trashing the "competitors" awd system. the legacy for years has had that "crap" 90:10 split for a long ass time and i don't see people constantly flipping over from the lack of 50:50 split. good tires > stupid.

the tl's next redesign im guessing will have awd as well. then what?

also...toyota really pumped up their lexus line. that new 3.5 liter is crazy. honda has nothing except the waaaay over priced rl and a decent tl. imo, acura needs to compete and the tsx with awd and turbo will help it. imo, honda has a different competitor in mind. subaru's new focus/corrola redesign is pathetic. not to mention they based it off of an already developed car. i love their marketing to. they actually try to make it sound like the lack of top end is better. come on people...open your eyes. i would put money down and say the acura will be a complete machine. mod market will be huge and cheap, reliability, customer service, nice looking car that won't get f**ked up every 2 years, resale....need i go on?

im no fanboy but im not stoopid either.

I agree with almost everything you said...;););)

However look at some info I found @ Acuraworld forum:

Consumer Reports rates Acura TSX best in comparison test

Yonkers, New York - By a slim margin, Consumer Reports rated the Acura TSX best overall in tests of four sporty, midsized sedans for the November issue. The TSX was one of three cars in the group to achieve a "Very Good" overall rating. The others were the Audi A4 and the Subaru Legacy GT. The Volvo S40 finished with a "Good" rating.

Three of the cars tested, the TSX, A4, and Legacy GT, are powered by four-cylinder engines; the S40 has a five-cylinder powerplant. The TSX, A4, and S40 are all front-wheel-drive vehicles, while the Legacy GT has all-wheel drive. As-tested prices for this group range from $28,600 for the Volvo to $30,900 for the Audi.

"The Acura TSX and Subaru Legacy GT provide the best balance between sportiness and roominess," said David Champion, senior director of Consumer Reports' Auto Test centre in East Haddam, Connecticut. "The Audi A4 and Volvo S40 are pleasant to drive, but aren't very sporty and have very tight rear seats."

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Its not gearing. Its simple. You either have to have forced induction or a greater displacement to get torque. 2.4Ls is not going to provide you with torque to match the hp that VTEC puts out.

...or increase the compression ratio. I'll bet the next 2.4na motor will be direct injected - yet another technology in which subaru is lagging.

• 1 month later...
I just think people who complain about HID's are too sensitive.

in 'Murka no one adjusts their headlights or checks their adjustment. Most cars usually put out way to much light into other driver's eyes, stock. Whining about HID's is BS, unless you're talking about the ricer with them in his honda reflectors..

AWESOME!!! Just read this post.

I have always loved Acura's. Someone on I know just got the 07 TL. I would be driving a TL or TSX if I didn't live where we get snow.

If the new TSX is better than the last (more like a TL) with AWD. I am there. I will sacrifice some performance for more featrues and better build quality compared to my LGT.

I agree with you guys, Subaru needs to get serious about their cars to compete.

1. We have variable valve timing already.

2. The current TSX has 205 hp thanks to VTEC. HELLO WHERE IS THE TORQUE?? There shouldn't be that big of a spread between hp and torque.

So Im imagining a 243 hp LGT with only 190 ft lbs of torque. Hmm....feels like driving a blob.

When it comes to engine power, we cant compare the engine of the Legacy GT to the TSX. The TSX engine has to be compared to the Legacy 2.5i, not 2.5 turbo. Now wheres the torque?

When it comes to engine power, we cant compare the engine of the Legacy GT to the TSX. The TSX engine has to be compared to the Legacy 2.5i, not 2.5 turbo. Now wheres the torque?

This thread is about the NEW TSX, which has AWD and a turbo of reported similar power to the Legacy. Not the outgoing model 205HP version of the TSX.

Go Cardinals!

This thread is about the NEW TSX, which has AWD and a turbo of reported similar power to the Legacy. Not the outgoing model 205HP version of the TSX.

Yeah, thats what I thought, tell that to all the others who brought up the old non turbo TSX.

Acura has so much over Subie.

Fit and Finish, build quality, ride quality.. Basically Acura design in general plus great realiability. Subie has to go that extra 1/10 of the way, and they will be able to compete with Acura, and BMW. Incidentally, I leased my car over the 2005 3 series.

I would sacrifice a bit performance for the Acura quality anyday. Truthfully, unless you are on a track with your legacy, you can't use all that performance most of the time anyway. With so much extra power in the LGT I find that everyone drives too slow and I just get more annoyed.. :) I would gladly take a more solid quiet highway ride with less dash rattle in exchange for a few less horsepower and less torque.

I am sure the new TSX will be no slouch with the Turbo. Actually, this post helped me decide on what to do with my car. My lease is up in March. I will buy my car and wait for the AWD Acrua. I'll scrap the idea of getting the spec B.

Archived