LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Legacy rumor thread

godwhomismike

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason cars in 07/08 show less hp is the way they rate them now. The Wrx STi was for the longest time rated 300/300, but now is lts like 293/294. There was no power difference, just the way they rate it.

When I emailed pointlessly to SOA about getting a LSTi, one of the emails I sent was about options I would like to see. Things like bluetooth and keyless ignition. There answer was that the new Wrx has these as options so its only a matter of time before they show up in another line. If you get a spec B or 3.0R you get 18's, or just go out any buy a set you like.

now what I'd LIKE to see...

hids

led taillights (no maintanence)

bluetooth

backup camera

1 touch moonroof!! OMFG why do we have a 2 touch moonroof?!?!?!

of course I'd like to see more power :)

18" rims, perhaps something wider

less body roll!

free! LOL ok no seriously tho the price has been going up and up every year, eventually the idea of "under 40k" will not exist either..

The cars we get in Sweden are from Japan. We got this already:

hids

led taillights (no maintanence)

less body roll!

:)

but then we pay ~40000 usd for a basic 2.5i Outback with 5spd manual (including low-range gearing ofcourse he he he) and cloth.

hooray for monstertruck sedans on 265/75/17! :p (no offense OB guys, I jhust think the tire profile is too large)

I personally have no "connections" so I havent heard anything.. but again, my friendly neighborhood subaru salesman said to expect the wrx's features in the legacy next year. so look for bluetooth and MAYBE hids

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I still don't get why SOA decided to go halogen when SOJ uses HID on the japanese legacy...... why create another supply line to feed just the US market. they would've saved more money by using same parts as the SOJ plants to save on costs. i mean they send the SOJ version out to other countries but USA? wtf??

yea but those are suvs and the magnum is a wagon, its a car platform.. it shouldn't be as heavy as a truck chassis based vehicle.. no matter how sexy the one in the pic is, I dont know that I could go with dodge.. (you know for darn sure tho that I'm gonna check out the challenger when it comes out tho :D )
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

BLARGH.. ok so.. I got fragged there..

seriously tho.. what good is an suv thats car platform based? how are you going to climb up the sides of mountains to get your kids to soccer on time like all the commercials portray? :lol:

After reading the title of this thread, I instantly thought back to something that happened last week.

I detail cars for people in my neighborhood (not for free), but I was detailing a Jaguar XJ8 for a customer, and he bought it used. It was a 2005, and had some flaws on the paint. Nonetheless, it was a nice car. I asked him if he'd ever consider getting a new one the next time they remodel the body style. Being an older man who loves his cars, I really listened to what he had to say. He told me that sometimes, a car company just can't outdo itself forever. Inevitably, there's always a car that a company makes that they literally cannot improve upon no matter how many times they remodel it. (case in point: the new WRX body style).

The only way I could see them improve upon the Legacy from 2005 is in the performance aspects. But the Legacy GT is already a beast of a car for its size. I also detailed a 2005 Legacy GT right before I left for school, and I got to take it for a test drive. While my 2005 2.5i brings me much joy, the GT is a different driving experience. I believe this is probably the best Legacy Subaru is capable of making. We all see how fugly Subaru has made the new designs.

Just my opinion.

The next generation Legacy is due in North America for the 2010 model year, so it's unlikely that there will be significant changes for 2009.

My dealer, as of yesterday said that the 09-10 Legacy will be on the Camry platform. And it makes sense, we may not like it, but they are both now being produced in the same plant it Indiana. Toyota own something like 9% or so of Subaru! Platform sharing is the way of the future, sorry. It would be nice to get a "true" mid-sized sedan out of it though. My wife and son to my LGT this weekend on a trip to WNY, she said that it was roomy enough for them, but no way for all 3 of us. And we are just average sized people, I'm 6' she is 5'8" and he is a 3yo in a car seat. She did say that it was a blast to drive on the highway. Much different than her Tribeca.

Why would they be screwed? Don't hybrids use CVTs? Is that the transmission of the future? Is the criticism that they are a big slush box and not dynamic to drive?

Alot of vehicles now use CVTs. I must say that I do like the CVT in place of your standard auto transmission. However, it wouldn't sway me from buying another manual transmission.

Archived