LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Legacy rumor thread

godwhomismike

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you mention it was 4WD ? :lol:

:hide:

4WD? Check! Thumpin gruntin' V8? Check! 17/24MPG? Check! High 13's Stock? Check! Yum!!!

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/2198000-2198999/2198678_57_full.jpg

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

I don't care about fuel efficiency - if I did, I would be driving a 2.5i. It's a performance car. They gave the whiners Intelligent mode, that should be enough. I am looking for performance, if it gets 13 mpg, who cares - it's not my concern.

/

Or you could just get a 335xi, like alot of people are doing, and then you could have both. Maybe Subaru could get on that? Maybe?

I think Diesel is on tap for 2009 -

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/224038/

Europeans should get it early 2008, here's hoping we get it in 2009.

Not gonna happen. People have already asked and they said no. And even if they did, I wouldn't buy one because it will be built for economy, not speed.

So let's be realistic folks. The 2009 Legacy isn't going to be any different than the 2008 other than maybe offering a new color choice. They won't do anything new to the car before the redesign in 2010. ...2010 Subaru Legacy Rumor Thread Begin.

So let's be realistic folks. The 2009 Legacy isn't going to be any different than the 2008 other than maybe offering a new color choice. They won't do anything new to the car before the redesign in 2010. ...2010 Subaru Legacy Rumor Thread Begin.

I think there are room for a few extras on the '09. Heck, SOA offered some extras on the '08 Forester, which is the last MY before the redesign.

In Post #3, most of the things I listed are very easy to implement. A few software changes in the ECU, different wheels, color choices, and why can't they import the quad tip exhaust they use in Japan?

If I get another Legacy, right from the start - before I even take delivery - I'm having the SPT Intake installed, and will see if they will install the Megan Racing exhaust too (if not, I might have them just hook an SPT exhaust up). I am also going to have the tires swapped off immediately for a quality set of 225/45/17 all-seasons. I would also have Sirius radio installed. Hopefully, in the 2009 model, I will be able to interface with the Sirius radio though the navigation screen.

:lol:

Honestly, I feel a very nice bump in power when the temps are under 70 degrees outside with it. There was always a bump in power when the temps drop, but I feel it makes a bigger difference when the temps are cooler. If it's like 75+ outside, it's pointless. Basically, the SPT Intake makes a difference from September to April.

I was in the mountains with it over labor day weekend, and one night (temp was 54) I was driving on the twisty roads and it a beast. Probably one of the quickest times I felt with the car. The ass wanted to step out, tires chirped in manual mode going from 1st into 2nd - it was pulling like a train.

In Post #3, most of the things I listed are very easy to implement. A few software changes in the ECU, different wheels, color choices, and why can't they import the quad tip exhaust they use in Japan?

Fair enough. Wheels maybe. Looking at my '99 what did they add? Gold wheels and badges, a MT to the Ltd. Edition, painted side skirts, an extra wood bezel around the vents. They saved the better items for the re-designed model and I could see Subaru doing that again to boost the demand of the '10 Legacy. Thats all.

Is the 2009 model going to be a complete "redesign" as opposed to the 08 refresh? Or will we see the complete redesign in 2010? I currently own a 2005 2.5i and would love to trade it in when the new model comes out.

As for the 2009 features, I would like to see (In no particular order):

1. A better stereo and speaker setup

2. Better paint finish.

3. I would like to see the 5 speed auto in the base model (why are they keeping the damn 4 speed?)

4. A bump in fuel economy.

I would say no real extierior changes for 09.

I see the following as a definate maybe since hte new Wrx has them.

Bluetooth capable.

Advanced Key (keyless whatever you wanna call it)

back up camera or sensors (doesn't the Outback already have them? I know the Tribeca does)

And the real maybe

LGT tuned by STi or LSTi strictly cause if it is the last year of the current body style a STI variation would move a few extra cars out the door before the new one show up.

1. A better stereo and speaker setup

2. Better paint finish.

3. I would like to see the 5 speed auto in the base model (why are they keeping the damn 4 speed?)

4. A bump in fuel economy.

1. They significantly improved this in either the '07 or '08 MY

2. Same here

3. SOA loves that 4EAT until. At least they upgraded the 5EAT

4. Intelligent mode on SI-drive does this.

I would say no real extierior changes for 09.

I see the following as a definate maybe since hte new Wrx has them.

Bluetooth capable.

Advanced Key (keyless whatever you wanna call it)

back up camera or sensors (doesn't the Outback already have them? I know the Tribeca does)

If those are the only improvements then the market share for the car will fall through the floor.....

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived