LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Legacy rumor thread

godwhomismike

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
right, but check the VAG engines with DI, or the new Cadillac ones ;)

The CTS

3.6L Direct Injection V6: 304 hp at 6400 rpm and 273 lb-ft of torque at 5200 rpm

AWD = 17 mpg city, 26 hwy. ....and this 2008 EPA testing.

Curb weight = 3800 lbs.

Wow.

right, but check the VAG engines with DI, or the new Cadillac ones ;)

Negative ghost rider.

<<< Works on Audi's. RS4's get around 15-16 not beating one them, Audi Q7's with the 3.6 narrow angle get 13mpg no matter what you do, A3's with a 2.0T are fwd and get around 23-25mpg. All from experience.

I think it's more about emissions. It's the new fad, in which everyone is standing in a giant circle jerk over lower carbon emissions.

Pretty much. The whole point it to get more complete burn of the fuel/air mixture by injection fuel directly into the combustion chamber at a high pressure (to both over come the cylinder pressure and to atomize the fuel more). However there are two states/methods Homoglious(sp?) and stratofied(hence Fuel Stratified Injection) and in the US we don't get the Stratified version. Please don't ask the difference cause off the top of my head I really don't remember. I know it has to do with the tumble flaps and scavaging.

A side effect is you get a little more hp, and a little better mpg.

A little bird told me that for the first time ever in history the US will be the first market to get a H6 turbo Legacy STi with 6 speed manual/6-speed DSG-like auto., you guys will also get the new STi 6pot brakes, recaro seats or optional leather seats, LED brake lights, bi-xenon head lights with cleaning system, the only available colors are WRB, black, and pearl white.

MSRP is expected to be around 55K.

me thinks it's cheap!

This Space For Rent

A little bird told me that for the first time ever in history the US will be the first market to get a H6 turbo Legacy STi with 6 speed manual/6-speed DSG-like auto., you guys will also get the new STi 6pot brakes, recaro seats or optional leather seats, LED brake lights, bi-xenon head lights with cleaning system, the only available colors are WRB, black, and pearl white.

me thinks it's cheap!

Well that would be sweet, but $55,000??? HA! I did also hear though about a Legacy STI happening for here in the US.

me thinks it's cheap!

I can see in low to mid $40ks, but $55k? That's about $15k over a fairly loaded spec B and well into and past the 335ix and S4 range.

me thinks it's cheap!

**** y0 c0uch while you're at it.

that shit isn't going to happen. :lol: but you guys knew that of course right? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

seriously though somet of the things I want :

- 6 speed / 6EAT

- HIDs

- Good quality leather (better than the '08's even)

- SPT sport pack option

- Tuned by STI option

- A 5/6 speed manual wagon so everyone will shut up again for 1 more year ( :lol: )

- Stereo system that has some more beef to it.

I can see in low to mid $40ks, but $55k? That's about $15k over a fairly loaded spec B and well into and past the 335ix and S4 range.

the extra 15K gets you a H6 turbo instead of H4 turbo, 6 pot JDM STi brakes instead of the non-STi ones on the USDM spec.B, bi-xenon instead of halogen, better tires, suspensions, exhausts, seats, etc. You want STi or not?

This Space For Rent

hrmm... are we talking next model year jdm or next REDESIGN? remember when the 05 body style came out it didn't get a refresh till 08 (chrome headlights wooooo! ;) ) So its unlikely to have a body redesign yet... whats most likely to happen (a salesman at SoG agreed with me on this one) optional hids, bluetooth. maybe a little LESS horsepower.. I hate to say that but you know since the market has changed the way stock power is rated cars are coming out with seemingly lower power numbers than the previous model year. Not to mention govt mandates in america for increased fuel economy (to unreasonable amounts in some cases imo) its probablly going to put the squeeze on the AWD+turbo=v8 gas mileage concept that we've had already. It doesn't bother me so much, I knew when I bought the only car thats fun to drive under $40k what risk I was taking there... but thats my prediction.

now what I'd LIKE to see...

hids

led taillights (no maintanence)

bluetooth

backup camera

1 touch moonroof!! OMFG why do we have a 2 touch moonroof?!?!?!

of course I'd like to see more power :)

18" rims, perhaps something wider

less body roll!

free! LOL ok no seriously tho the price has been going up and up every year, eventually the idea of "under 40k" will not exist either..

Whats probablly going to happen during the next redesign? be it 2010, 11 or 12.. probablly something like this:

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/02/23/211469.2-lg.jpg

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived