LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Legacy rumor thread

godwhomismike

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sure looks like a Legacy wagon to me. The grille reminds of a cross between an Acura and a Ford, but, overall, the look is pretty good.

Edit: I think the overall shape reminds me of a Mazda - somewhere between a Mazda 3, 5, & 6.

Guest Gitster

I like the idea of a full size 7 seater.

My moms 91 Volvo has a fold up back seat for 7 but its tiny and uncomfortable and facing backwards :lol:

Definitely not safe either :spin:

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2007/10/subaru_exiga_concept_unveiledi.html

I believe they said that it is supposed to replace the forester or this will be the new look of it.

However out of all the new cars that subaru made the forester still looks the best right now, the exige...not so much. Especially the "sti" equipped forester.

The rear bumper styling looks pretty aggressive though.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

I beg to differ. When the re-launched the futuristic model that is out now parents went nuts over those.

no they didn't. I read a report last year that showed the only players in the minivan segment that weren't struggling were the Odyssey and Sienna... and that the segment was shrinking.

quest sales

Sale Figures

2003 - 23,170 (From remaining 2002 & 2004 model early sales)

2004 - 46,430

2005 - 40,357

2006 - 31,905

2007 - 20,769(as of August 2007)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

no they didn't. I read a report last year that showed the only players in the minivan segment that weren't struggling were the Odyssey and Sienna... and that the segment was shrinking.

quest sales

Sale Figures

2004 - 46,430

2005 - 40,357

2006 - 31,905

The quest is outsold by the sedona, Uplander, Town& Country, Sienna, Odyssey, and Caravan

YTD sales

Quest 23,169

Sedona 31,825

Uplander 52,663

Town & Country 99,134

Sienna 105,912

Odyssey 130,267

Caravan 130,472

Quest is a bit player at best

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

quest sales

Sale Figures

2004 - 46,430

2005 - 40,357

2006 - 31,905

And I don't know if you noticed but every year since they doubled... which you pointed out... they have been declining. This year they may end up at half of '04 sales. :p So, just pointing out both sides since you stated the doubling stat. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

And I don't know if you noticed but every year since they doubled... which you pointed out... they have been declining. This year they may end up at half of '04 sales. :p So, just pointing out both sides since you stated the doubling stat. :)

I dont know if you noticed, but the whole segment is suffering.

I dont know if you noticed my post above.

I dont know if you noticed my post above.

And I'm not sure if you noticed that they have dropped much quicker then other minivans if you look up sales numbers. They're dropping quicker, the industry average (from what I could find online) was a 12-15% drop for 2006 from 2005. Quest just seems to be a little worse... you said it was successful, not me. :) Just pointing out that it doesn't seem to be doing any better then other minivans, perhaps even worse then most over the last few years. :) Least of all would I call this minivan "successful" with sales dropping like they are.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Why bother with speculation? We know that after the high point of the 05 LGT they will just continue their downward spiral. It'll be some rounded confused looking glob of styling cues that in no way flow together. It'll have a 5MT and paper speakers and a 5" "subwoofer" and once again we'll look wistfully at the cool rides the Aussies and Japanese folks get.

There will never be a 6mt twin trubo wagon. There will never be a legacy STi outside of a ricers garage.

Subaru lost me with the demise of the wagon in the US. Myabe I can find one used to replace my too-cramped sedan?

By 09 the color choices will be black or white. The interior will be taupe.

I agree that the demise of the LGT 5MT turbo wagon is a downward spiral towards generic cars...which is also the Toyota way. The analysts at workstations will decide that the hatchback market and wagon market are interchangeable, and separate from the enthusiast market. Therefore wagon now equates to Outback only. My wife and I won't support that thinking with our dollars.

JC, Chicagoland bassist & opentracker

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

Copy and paste that into a letter to SOA, will you? :)

I did write them this week...and got the standard reply: "SOA product planners know what our customers want - Outback wagons".

JC, Chicagoland bassist & opentracker

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

I think someone already said that............and they even added taupe interior only!

That's just sebb pulling your leg...

You just wait and see Git!!! Obsidian Black, Midnight Black, Darker Black, Satin White, Artic White, and Jizz White are the real colors with no option on interior. Black/black leather and White/white leather, that's it. ;)

Archived