LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Legacy rumor thread

godwhomismike

I'm amazed that Subaru hasn't yet incorporated Direct Injection into the 2.5 series of motors.

I for one would like to see a complete rework of the 2.5L motor. Make it smoother, included direct injection, more fuel efficient, a little more power, and keep the boxer sound.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My dealer, as of yesterday said that the 09-10 Legacy will be on the Camry platform. And it makes sense, we may not like it, but they are both now being produced in the same plant it Indiana. Toyota own something like 9% or so of Subaru! Platform sharing is the way of the future, sorry. It would be nice to get a "true" mid-sized sedan out of it though. My wife and son to my LGT this weekend on a trip to WNY, she said that it was roomy enough for them, but no way for all 3 of us. And we are just average sized people, I'm 6' she is 5'8" and he is a 3yo in a car seat. She did say that it was a blast to drive on the highway. Much different than her Tribeca.

We just went cross country and back in our wagon this summer. Five of us, kids - 8yr, 2yr old and 9mo old. I am 5"11, my wife is 5"7. I guess bit snug in the back for the oldest one put in the middle, but no complaints over 10.5k mile trip.

I just don't get how people say Legacy is too small for two adults and a kid.

hmm.. I thought I read about really good mileage from the DI engines :confused:

Direct Injection

A feature which injects fuel directly into the engine's combustion chamber, increasing efficiency and power while lowering emissions.

The 3.5L Toyota engine is not DI, though it is in the GS350 thus power goes from 272 hp to 303. Curb weight: 3700 lbs. 21 mpg city, 29 hwy.

He told me that sometimes, a car company just can't outdo itself forever. Inevitably, there's always a car that a company makes that they literally cannot improve upon no matter how many times they remodel it. (case in point: Toyota).

fixed:lol:

Because people are use to driving caves on wheels. My wife and I are medium build, I am 6'3, she's about 5'8, we have more than enough room in the Wagon. But if you are a wide person, with waist somewhere in the upper 40's then yeah its not happening, you'll probably feel a little cramped.

odd thats how tall i am and its not bad, and most of my height is from my legs

was fine to me with people in the back

and our family has had cars with similar room

93 camry

00 tl

02 tl

07 tl

2 maximas

its deff got more room than my dads xterra witch will hopefully be gone by today

i want tilting headrests

my 05 and the 08 does not

going to go drive his 2.5i now and save gas

We just went cross country and back in our wagon this summer. Five of us, kids - 8yr, 2yr old and 9mo old. I am 5"11, my wife is 5"7. I guess bit snug in the back for the oldest one put in the middle, but no complaints over 10.5k mile trip.

I guess we are just used to traveling in the Tribeca. The ability to slide the passenger seat the whole way back and have the extra room up front is nice. The car seat goes behind either seat depending on the length of the trip. With the LGT the car seat is behind the passenger seat and to give the "little guy" room the passenger seat is moved forward. So it's a leg room issue with us. I guess we just keep putting miles on the Tribeca........

My dealer, as of yesterday said that the 09-10 Legacy will be on the Camry platform. And it makes sense, we may not like it, but they are both now being produced in the same plant it Indiana. Toyota own something like 9% or so of Subaru! Platform sharing is the way of the future, sorry. It would be nice to get a "true" mid-sized sedan out of it though. My wife and son to my LGT this weekend on a trip to WNY, she said that it was roomy enough for them, but no way for all 3 of us. And we are just average sized people, I'm 6' she is 5'8" and he is a 3yo in a car seat. She did say that it was a blast to drive on the highway. Much different than her Tribeca.

Well, one rumor of the Camry platform doesn't undo all the rumors of the Tribeca platform. I'm still betting on the Tribeca platform for the Legacy in 2010.

Oh, and, Toyota bought 8.7% stake in FHI, not Subaru, from the 20% that GM unloaded.

I think the only thing Toyota is interested in is Subaru's AWD system (because we all know Toyotas AWD sucks), and maybe the boxer engine. I highly doubt they are actually looking out for Subaru's best interest.

Hmm, you think we'll see AWD in a Lexus? All the Toyota-branded cars have the engines mounted transversely, while Subaru's are longitudinal, so it would have to be a Lexus.

Hmm, you think we'll see AWD in a Lexus? All the Toyota-branded cars have the engines mounted transversely, while Subaru's are longitudinal, so it would have to be a Lexus.

The LS, GS and IS are longitudinal. They're RWD. Though all 3 are available in AWD.

The LS, GS and IS are longitudinal. They're RWD. Though all 3 are available in AWD.

My point exactly! They all be Lexus, not Toyota. (though I had forgotten about the new Supra...)

So, if the LS, GS, & IS are already available with AWD, how is that AWD system laid out? And, if they already have AWD, why would they need Subaru's AWD system?

Not the best AWD though. When do you ever hear anything good about Toyota AWD. And I think that Toyota does have the R&D and $$ to somehow adapt Subaru AWD to their vehicles.

First it starts with Subaru using the Toyota "chirp" Next Toyota will steal everything good from Subaru. bastards.

My point exactly! They all be Lexus, not Toyota. (though I had forgotten about the new Supra...)

So, if the LS, GS, & IS are already available with AWD, how is that AWD system laid out? And, if they already have AWD, why would they need Subaru's AWD system?

Well I can say from driving my mom's RX300 that Subaru's AWD system is far superior. But I can also say that my dad's A6 had a superior AWD to any of the Subarus I have owned.

Now Toyota will never go RWD for cars like the Camry, Matrix, etc. because they are grocery getter, family vehicles not performance. Looking at my parents 15 years ago, they only did FWD or AWD because of the climate we live in. Toyota/Honda buyers are loyal to that.

to bring this a little back to topic....

the SRS audio in the '08 is NICE, and plenty loud enough.

One thing I would like to see is the Nav available in the LGT MT, not just the Spec B. It's an option with AT, but not the MT, but standard with the Spec B?????

I would'nt spend the $1800 on it, but it's the principal, why should I pay and extra 8k for Nav and bigger wheels????? ARGH!!

I've only had my car 5 days, so there's nothing I would change (I'm still breaking it in)

As for people wanting more room, buy a Buick. This is a MID sized sports car (at least the GT)

Why bother with speculation? We know that after the high point of the 05 LGT they will just continue their downward spiral. It'll be some rounded confused looking glob of styling cues that in no way flow together. It'll have a 5MT and paper speakers and a 5" "subwoofer" and once again we'll look wistfully at the cool rides the Aussies and Japanese folks get.

There will never be a 6mt twin trubo wagon. There will never be a legacy STi outside of a ricers garage.

Subaru lost me with the demise of the wagon in the US. Myabe I can find one used to replace my too-cramped sedan?

By 09 the color choices will be black or white. The interior will be taupe.

Archived