LegacyGT.com

Painting OEM Calipers - Ricey or Classy?

goBlue

Caliper/decal color combo on a white Legacy sedan  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Caliper/decal color combo on a white Legacy sedan

• black caliper with silver decal
    • black caliper with white decal
    • red caliper with white decal
    • other (please specify)

After seeing how rusty the calipers on my dad's Accord got after 5 years and how nice some of the painted calipers look, I'm considering painting my calipers. What is the general opinion about painting stock calipers - ricey or classy?

I'm thinking about using the Dupli-color caliper paint kit and Subaru decals from buyadecal dot com. Are there other caliper paint kits that are better the Dupli-color?

Please vote in my poll if you think it's a good idea. :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black or silver or a variation of grey will look great.

I'm personally not a fan of blue, red or yellow painted calipers unless they are part of a big brake kit that deserve to be flashy.

Stock brakes don't need to be flashy....

but i'm not putting a "Brembo" or "STI" decal on there though. just a Subaru decal...which wouldn't be false advertising. the OEM WRX calipers have the Subaru letterings too if i remember correctly.

I painted mine silver, and it looks good. I think they should have been painted from the factory so they don't rust.

I used the G2 caliper paint kit, and it hasn't flaked at all after 2 years.

Just make sure you clean your calipers really good or the paint won't stick on there.

I used the Duplicolor kit and the paint seems to be sticking just fine. There was less dust than I expected. (Or the cleaner didn't work very well) Of course it's only been like 5 days so who knows. It certainly doesn't seem like the paint is going anywhere.

Some brakes are manly and deserve to be painted ;)

My old car:

http://www.tangcla.com/car/brakes.jpg

Sadly, the OEM Liberty calipers are nothing special. Though I might paint them silver, just because they look so neglected as it is...

I painted mine almost 2years ago (no decals) black.

They still look as good as they did the day they were done. It's all about the prep....Beadblast them if you can prior to painting;)

1 can of high heat header paint & it was more than enough for 2 coats.

Just make sure you allow ample dry time....@ least 4hrs

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived