LegacyGT.com

If available and under $40k would you buy a LGT STi?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off I just through out the number under $40k. I wasn't saying $39,900. After looking at the sticker base price of a spec B, say Subaru offered a LGT Sti for a base sticker price of $37,500. Basically take the Liberty spec B tuned by Sti, make it left hand drive and put the Wrx Sti engine/trans in it is what I meant. Now if Subaru priced it for say starting around $37,500 with nav optional would you guys actually buy one? I don't know if the Liberty guys actually get to choose from all the Subaru colors or not. I'm going off of the Sti Limited and trying to make it some what the way you'd expect SOA to release it. Again I in no way have any sort of power to actually do anything here, but I've seen so many people say how the SOA never brings the cool stuff here.

So if SOA announced next month that they will be releasing a limited amount of LGT Sti's

Price. starting at say $37,500 (spec B's start at $34k)

powertrain. 300/300 6 speed manual (same as the Wrx Sti)

The rest of the car would essentially be a left hand drive version of the current Liberty GT spec B tuned by Sti

nav would be optional

HID's standard (after all it is a Sti)

color. still limited to 2 choices (sorry but since the current spec B only gets 2, and the Sti Limited only came in two I'm going to leave it at 2)

How many people would be step up and actually go to the dealer and preorder one?

Couldn't resist this :cool:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/Aussiedave_2006/MY07%20Liberty%20GTB%20STI/P1010044.jpg

Don't make me come over there and steal your wheels!!!!! Do you guys get multple color choices? Basically can you get a LGT spec B tuned by Sti in all Liberty colors?

For that much more money I would def. buy a Audi. I don't believe Subaru has a well enough name yet to produce such an expensive car, even though the performance on the cars are the best around.

Don't believe Subaru has a well enough name to produce such a car....

And you would buy an Audi?

I'm sorry....

Audi is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE....went to price out an A3 Sportback before I bought the B and the price doubled after I loaded it the way I wanted it....

The B came ONE WAY...FULLY LOADED>>>>>>loved it and it made it easy to research pricing...

As for AUDI not nearly as reliable as Subaru...

There were only 2/3 auto manufacturers that had Consumer Reports Best PICK for EVERY MODEL in the line up.... TOYOTA and SUBARU....Honda was close behind with the only car not in the CONSUMER REPOTS best pick was the HONDA PASSPORT (not really a honda but an isuzu rodeo)

SO those are the best in the industry.....

Audi are expensive to fix and a pain to work on....

My buddy had some problems that requried the entire engine be removed to work on....

Thought he was on the right track when he traded it in...but he just got a newer AUDI...when will he learn...

center stack looks out of date.....

I am currently saving up to buy a new AWD sports sedan/coupe. For four years I have been hoping that Subaru would build the car I want. The legacy gt falls short on a few key points. In years past I would have bought the car described by the OP in a heartbeat. Or better yet, twin turbo charge their 6 cylinder engine, put a nice body kit on it and tweak the interior styling ...hot! I would pay under 40 k for that for sure. I know that Subaru could build the car of my dreams, but they will not do it. People who will spend that kind of money on a car do not want to spend it on a Subaru.

I am now tired of waiting and am leaning towards the 2008 335xi coupe. After options and mods, the price will be about 50,000. I do have some reservation about the bimmer also, but it has the least amount of compromises.

Don't make me come over there and steal your wheels!!!!! Do you guys get multple color choices? Basically can you get a LGT spec B tuned by Sti in all Liberty colors?

bahahaha you guys are such easy targets! Actually the car only comes in two colours OBP or Silver and two rims colours charcoal and silver. Only 75 of the 300 came in Sedan 6MT Black / Charcoal version.

So if SOA announced next month that they will be releasing a limited amount of LGT Sti's

The rest of the car would essentially be a left hand drive version of the current Liberty GT spec B tuned by Sti

nav would be optional

color. still limited to 2 choices (sorry but since the current spec B only gets 2, and the Sti Limited only came in two I'm going to leave it at 2)

How many people would be step up and actually go to the dealer and preorder one?

I would buy a Spec.B with the STi motor/MT6/comparable suspension for $38K.

First off I just through out the number under $40k. I wasn't saying $39,900. After looking at the sticker base price of a spec B, say Subaru offered a LGT Sti for a base sticker price of $37,500. Basically take the Liberty spec B tuned by Sti, make it left hand drive and put the Wrx Sti engine/trans in it is what I meant. Now if Subaru priced it for say starting around $37,500 with nav optional would you guys actually buy one? I don't know if the Liberty guys actually get to choose from all the Subaru colors or not. I'm going off of the Sti Limited and trying to make it some what the way you'd expect SOA to release it. Again I in no way have any sort of power to actually do anything here, but I've seen so many people say how the SOA never brings the cool stuff here.

nav would be optional

I don't think so. That's more than I would want to pay for any car. And if I did decide to dish out that much money for a car, as others have said, there are better choices in that price range.

• 2 weeks later...

A Tuned by STI Legacy at the Spec B price point, with the options that it should have, maybe. Maybe even a 3.6 H6/6MT alternative to 2.5T/6MT.

Higher than that, no thanks.

GT Limited should be at the price point that the 05 non-limited GT was, and drop the "limited". It's only leather and a sunroof difference, and the cloth/non-sunroof model is gone. 5MT/5EAT choice. (26-27k, few options, full colors, if customers want more, see next trim line... Turbocharged value model.)

Spec B should be where the GT Limited is, price-wise. $28-31k, with the bilsteins, etc. NAV optional, 5EAT optional (not mutually exclusive with NAV), full colors and option choices, and more aggressive looking bumper covers than the 2.5/GT. Otherwise it doesn't make sense, where it is now. Add a McIntosh stereo upgrade option, HID option. 6MT standard trans. (main optioned up turbo model)

STI or 'tuned by STI' Legacy should build on the Spec B, to be at the ~34k base price point, with brembos, etc. and very special options, like WRB paint option, DCCD 6MT, HIDs Standard (if you don't like it, retrofit back to GT/SpecB halogen), black headliner, and red-stitched black leather/alcantara interior, and more horsepower (C'MON, the WRX STI makes more power, the Legacy can do it, too, they are two different cars for two different buyers) standard STI CBE, etc.

Something to really justify the price point, and undercut IS, G35, CTS, 335i, C-class AMG, etc with some really serious performance from a subaru road car. I doubt it would impact WRX sales as much as one might think. Economy car and sport compact buyers will either buy or not buy the impreza/WRX. Not many of them are going to look at the Legacy that already don't. They'll go to Honda, Scion, or Mazda, or something, if they don't like the Impreza/WRX. The Legacy, if configured this way, will be competing in a different pool, of performance-oriented near-lux cars, that are all larger in size and power than sport compacts or economy cars.

I think they should bring the GT, Spec B, and -STI Legacy *wagon* back as a special order option. No dealer stock necessary, just a build code that can be ordered via SIA, who are still building Legacy GT manual wagons for Canada. Order it just like a GT/SpecB/-STI sedan in terms of configuration, and check a special order "touring wagon" box, which gets it built as a station wagon shell, instead of the sedan. Expect a wait for delivery.

Even if SOA doesn't offer the 2.5i or 3.0r configurations of the Legacy as a BTO wagon, in order to direct people toward the 2.5i, 3.0R, or LLB Outback wagons, they should at least offer the turbocharged sport packages (GT, Spec B, -STI) as Legacy wagons. I would think they would sell better than Outback XTs, but even if they don't, if there is no un-requested dealer stock, then so what? They don't loose much at all, other than having a low-volume order code on the books. No unsold cars in inventory. But those who want one, can have one.

I hated the topic for monhts...but now I want to chime in.

After test driving the M35X last week adn with the new G37 and G35 current offerings Subaru will definately have to step up.

I thought the G35 was uncomfortable and tight to fit in but the M35 was very smooth.

However they are offering some pretty tempting things that Subaru isn't even dreaming of. I remembered back to a few months ago when everyone was talking about the new subaru movign from the two different key and fob combo to having it all on one BIG funky key. YEah!!!!

Well as I'm sure you all know with the new line of Infiniti and even Nissan there are NO KEYS! Yeah, that's right NO KEYS. You put the "SMALL" remote in your pocket and push button to open the door and push another button to start the car. NO MORE KEY....... that alone was the nicest feature I've seen on any car. I love not having keys on me and this takes that to the limits.

(not a huge deal but I love it!!)

Add to that BLUE-TOOH which I think we're all still waiting for, and the voice recogniition is just getting better, I can input an entire address without ever taking my eyes off the road!!!

Heated and Cooled seats, backup camera, navigation

Optional extra package with HID, upgraded Bose stereo, mp3 wma support....

I mean it's like Infiniti is in the subaru forums listening to and doing whatever they need to do in order to get more customers.

25,000 G35 weren't enough last year.... :)

Would you strongly think about trading in your car for one?

I would seriously think about it. But unfortunitally it will most likely only have 6mt and I would want at least 5EAT and have that McNtosh sterio

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

thought about it more on my way home. I would take a 6mt if it had hill holder clutch like my 90 Legacy had. It was a life saver in the Seattle and San Fran nightmare hills.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

if an auto can regularly beat 0-60 and 1/4 times than the equivalent manual transmission then I will consider....

otherwise not buying a sports car automatic.....

There is a reason they never made ONE Mustang Cobra in an automatic. ;)

supposedly the 335i auto with the procede is quicker than the manual with a procede.

not to mention the porsche auto 911 turbo.

Archived