LegacyGT.com

If available and under $40k would you buy a LGT STi?

I haven't gotten a response yet, but I hope to soon. In the past, I've chatted with three different people there, John, Samir, and Kelly. I'm waiting to see who I get this time.

I've gotten John twice now.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep pushing SOA guys as they might actually listen one day! The power bump mentioned by one of the op is needed in my opinion. I test drove the Spec B before I drove and bought the LSTI and there is a huge difference in performance, throttle response, torque, etc. between the two cars here. I am still very happy with my decision and hope you guys get the opportunity to make the same decision one day soon.

Keep pushing SOA guys as they might actually listen one day! The power bump mentioned by one of the op is needed in my opinion. I test drove the Spec B before I drove and bought the LSTI and there is a huge difference in performance, throttle response, torque, etc. between the two cars here. I am still very happy with my decision and hope you guys get the opportunity to make the same decision one day soon.

Me too. I'm counting on it. If it doesn't happen, I'll be sorely disappointed.

Inspired from the do you think SOA would bring the Liberty tuned by STi thread .

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66866

Would you honestly be willing to trade in your car for an actual LGT STI?

Here would be the limits/perimeters

Cost. starting under $40k (probably $38kish)

powertrain would be the same as a Wrx Sti's 300/300

say only availabe in two colors (like the Sti Limited)

unfortunately since we don't have one now....no wagon version for the US market

6 speed manual only

No wagon & no auto makes it unlikely I would ever own it except as a 3rd/4th car if I won the lottery..

HV

Yes and sheeple are going to go for the "BMW" nameoplate cause it is a "luxury" brand. If Subaru would bring out a H6 turbo I would think it would show up in the Tribeca before a Legacy.

why sheep?

with the 255's in the rear it has excellent magazine stats. cornering, braking, acceleration etc. supposedly they are coming under rated much like the spec b's. a procede chip and it is damn fast. 12.5 sec 1/4 mile fast and the auto is supposed to be quicker. the owners say it our runs the out going m3 in any gear.

if i were to get one, it wouldn't be for the name it would be for the performance that subaru lacks.

imo, at 45k it is a damn nice car. SUbaru would have to be even better to take sales. they have done well in the 30k price point but is falling behind quick.

they also could be testing the market. seeing just how much people are willing to spend and on what.

haven't they done all the r&d already? doesn't japan get all the crap that we want? if so, what more r&d is needed if it is already on the streets??? i almost get the feeling we'll get the current sti crap just bolted on. kind of a waste of you ask me.

it's funny. i see some say that subaru is trying to please a mass of people yet the sales are in fact much lower than the real mass of cars that are being sold. the real mass are giving exactly what the customers want. nissan has the nismo upgrades what do we have? spt exhaust? lick my balls subaru is what i say.

i am not brand loyal. i would like to have an sti legacy with paddle shifters but if i have to go bmw or some where else, and if i can afford it, so be it. call me sheep or what have you, i am just saying how i feel.

+1 - the Legact STi sedan would be a waste of metal IMO. The wagon offers the same performance and more practicality.

As for the "premium pricing" discussion, I would much rather sit in a current gen Legacy wagon with an H6 turbo @ $36,000 than a 330i any day of the week. The 330's uninspiring dash and plastic leather seats are not worthy of a $50,000 price tag.

they dont make the 330 anymore...335i...

fyi, check the nw section. to 60 the xi is quicker by 1/10 than the regular coupe. sock for stock the subaru doesn't cut it.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68760

why sheep?

with the 255's in the rear it has excellent magazine stats. cornering, braking, acceleration etc. supposedly they are coming under rated much like the spec b's. a procede chip and it is damn fast. 12.5 sec 1/4 mile fast and the auto is supposed to be quicker. the owners say it our runs the out going m3 in any gear.

if i were to get one, it wouldn't be for the name it would be for the performance that subaru lacks.

imo, at 45k it is a damn nice car. SUbaru would have to be even better to take sales. they have done well in the 30k price point but is falling behind quick.

I am a noob so I can't say I am personally brand loyal either. It seems on all subie forums people "settled" for a subie but really wanted that BMW. That's not to say some people haven't spent a lot of money on their cars cause there are more then a few examples of that. It just seems a ton of people hold BMWs on a pedastil for little reason other then bench racing them (yes I know you actually own one). I too have heard that the 335i is an amzing car if it holds together. They take very little to make faster which again reminds me of the 00-02 S4s.

Its just very tiring that so many people say that they really want something like a LSTi and then instantly its to expensive, or it should have an engine that isn't in production with a trans that isn't being used on a body style that the US doesn't have. Admittably right now its all a dream to us in north america, but I was attempting to keep things some what realistic as to how Subaru would approach the matter. Then comes the cries of BMW 335i. People instatly say well for that price I'd just get the 335i. For the LSTi you'd be getting an awd 300/300 car which happens to be the same numbers put down by the 335i. Yes its a 2.5 I4 vs. a 3L 6cyl. Number of cylinders doesn't automatically mean its more powerful. The target for a LSTi isn't Joe Public, its us. People who have grown to love the Legacy being the under the radar car that not everyone knows what it is, nor needing a status symbol (and yes there are people who get it for the performance). We just want the best version that Subaru makes finally brought to our shore so we too have a chance to show everyone else that Subaru has more then a few tricks up their sleeves.

Rant off

This is a good thread;)

500 LSTI would sit, sorry to say.

Lets dream & say it came with the same powertrain as the 08 STI 2.5l 310-320hp 6mt...you guys dream up the rest.

You are looking @ 40-42k on the conservative side. The STI limited sold b/c it's a STI & it was able to sell for a premium.

The same simply would not happen with the Legacy:(:(

Yes the Scooby crowd would love the car......well most , not including the WRX/STI owners. Which the majority of those owners think of us as simply "old men" or "mommy taxi's"

Don't get me wrong I love having a sleeper but Subaru needs to make a profit here also.

Besides if the added a LSTI SOA would have no idea how to market it. After all Safety & the enviroment are job 1:rolleyes:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

This is a good thread;)

500 LSTI would sit, sorry to say.

Lets dream & say it came with the same powertrain as the 08 STI 2.5l 310-320hp 6mt...you guys dream up the rest.

You are looking @ 40-42k on the conservative side. The STI limited sold b/c it's a STI & it was able to sell for a premium.

The same simply would not happen with the Legacy:(:(

Yes the Scooby crowd would love the car......well most , not including the WRX/STI owners. Which the majority of those owners think of us as simply "old men" or "mommy taxi's"

Don't get me wrong I love having a sleeper but Subaru needs to make a profit here also.

Besides if the added a LSTI SOA would have no idea how to market it. After all Safety & the enviroment are job 1:rolleyes:

I would only say $40-42K if it had a turbo H6. With the H4, I don't think they will get more than $36-38K.

I've gotten John twice now.

Hmm, I got my response from SOA, and got Gina this time. I hadn't heard of her before. They must be bringing new people into their customer response team.

It sounds rather formal, but not quite a form letter.

Thank you for your recent e-mail to Subaru of America, Inc. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

We have heard rumors from customers, like yourself, but we have not heard anything internally about this, nor has Subaru of America announced anything regarding what they will be presenting at the SEMA show.

The most valued opinion of any business is that of its customers. Your comments are valuable to us in that they provide us with a clear picture of our products as seen by our customers.

I have forwarded your message to the Product Planning Department for their review. In the past, input from customers has been helpful in initiating changes and further upgrades.

Feedback like yours is our best source for improvements needed and/or wanted in our vehicles. If you have any future suggestions, please pass them along. They are very helpful to us, especially enthusiasts like yourself!!

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and enthusiasm towards Subaru. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Thank you for the opportunity to be of service.

The last 4 lines are almost exactly the same from the response I got.

They're getting wiser too. The responses I got in the past were from the personal email addresses of the people sending them, but now it's from a generic SOAmail account. No more personal contact, I guess.

Look. Just make the Legacy GT (and SpecB appearance package) 300/300 and be done with it. That's it. No gold wheels, no stupid wing, no rediculous hood scoop...

Make the "flag ship" WRX STI 350/350 and be done.

Do with with a ECU prog, and slightly better I/C and turbo - and done. Also - don't raise the price much more than actual cost. (what...500 more a car??)

LGT gets current STI I/C and Turbo...

STI gets silghtly better ones....

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Look. Just make the Legacy GT (and SpecB appearance package) 300/300 and be done with it. That's it. No gold wheels, no stupid wing, no rediculous hood scoop...

Do with with a ECU prog, and slightly better I/C and turbo - and done. Also - don't raise the price much more than actual cost. (what...500 more a car??)

Sounds to me like GM has been the master of the "corvette motor in everything" for at least the last decade and a half (probably 2).

Camaros/Firebirds got a "redux" verison of the corvette motor usually a year or two after a build change. Sure it was down rated via tuning and exhaust design, but with the right aftermarket pieces, it was pure gold.

So to respond to the question of the thread, no. It's not worth the added 10~15k (speculative) for an LSTi when I can save on insurance, change parts out for better aftermarket equipment (assuming there is better aftermarket) and wait for a wrecked donor to pull trans, wiring harness, hubs, axles, diffs, breaks, ect off of.

The only thing I would like to see is the front facia that's on these pics trickle down and some colors available. Not only that, but where do I find that rear wiper?

I think 250/250 is fine for the standard GT, but the Spec.B and LSTI deserve more.

My dream scenario:

LGT: 250/250

Spec.B: 300/300

LSTI: 350/350 (w/ turbo H6)

A more likely scenario:

Spec.B: 265/265

LSTI: 300/300

I think 250/250 is fine for the standard GT, but the Spec.B and LSTI deserve more.

My dream scenario:

Spec.B: 300/300

LSTI: 350/350 (w/ turbo H6)

A more likely scenario:

Spec.B: 265/265

LSTI: 300/300

Here, let me fix that for you:

A more likely scenario:

Spec.B: 250/250

LSTI: 250/250

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

Here, let me fix that for you:

A more likely scenario:

LSTI: 250/250

No, no, no,... that's not what we want! Yeah, I know that the GT and Spec.B are both currently at 250/250, but I'm thinking optomistically, taking into consideration the rumor of a possible ECU tune announcement at SEMA.

Worst-case scenario (in my thinking):

LSTI: 265/265

Anything less than that (ie: LSTI: 250/250) would be a downright shame, and almost guarantee failure of the LSTI as a model line.

I was actually hoping SOA was reading this so they would be influenced to give us more.

Hog is dead on here......

250 simply does not cut it anymore though. Both the Camry & new Accord outgun the LGT by more than 20hp.

The LGT should be tuned to @ least 280-285 & that is a minimum

thank you. just makes business sense - give your cars a slightly better ECU program - maybe spec out a slightly better clutch, which adds $100 cost to your cars, and then you can be competitive again!

Guys here is some insight on demand here in Australia for the Liberty (Legacy) Spec B Tuned by STI. They started selling them three months ago here and all that is left are a two demos here in my state. I believe all the others have been sold in other states as well. They sold them for full price, no discounts at all !! They only released 300 in total this year in Australia.

My mates in the wrx/sti car club all drool over my car and have all stated on numerous occasions that that they would trade their impreza wrx or sti in a heart beat if they had the money. My tuner who is well respected by all suby owners here in Perth says the same thing. When we did the dyno on my car in stock form it got 165 kw at the wheel, the exact same figure that MY06 WRX STI got in stock form. Go figure huh!

The majority of STI/WRX owners here in the states are only interested in the Legacy models if they have a family. Spoke to a STI "Limited" owner soon after they came out & he had 3 kids under the age of 7...he just couldn't bring himself to getting a LGT.

8/10 STI owners would feel the same way here in the states

Archived