iPod Integration Kit

Wedge

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The other member who PMed me said:

"it does absolutly nothing ..."
...he had a 08 LGT I think...

PAC's compatibility list specifically mentions 2008 & 2009 Legacy/Outback. I suspect that guy had a 2007 or earlier.

Well, I did the install last night and it works!

That's great!

I might be wrong and their may be more differences but in '08 they added SRS WOW. I also know one integration manufacturer said they support '08 but not an '07 HU.

However the 07 Spec.B has SRS WOW. I don't believe the other '07s had that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Has anyone from Canada got this installed and working? This was going to be one of the first mods made to my 2007 2.5i, but part does not show up in Subaru Canada's parts list. Might be worth a trip across the border to get one of these...

To the last few posts:

Does it work if Sat radio is hooked up? Nope.

Does it work in Canada? Very likely. Does your 2.5i have Satellite Radio as an option? If so, yes, it will work.

Cheers!

Thanks Goneskiian! I think I may have to get myself one of these little gizmos...

• 4 weeks later...
So I've been using the Ipod kit with a retrofitted 09 HU and it works pretty well. The only problem I have that I can't browse into albums marked as compilations on the Ipod. The music is there and when I random play everything the songs from compilation albums are picked up, but I can't navigate into them manually. I guess Subaru overlooked that...

• 2 months later...

I've searched high and low in the forums, and not seen anyone else have the particular issue I've had after installing the ipod kit... Using a 4th gen ipod, more often than not, the ipod resets itself or disconnects during driving and freezes the display on the current track. I'm thinking it could be a loose connection somewhere in the setup, but before I go pulling it back out, just wanted to see if anyone else has had similar issues.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone clarify this for me?

I have a 2005 2.5i base model with Single disk and manual climate control. And after reading this thread, I've found a 08 2.5i with Single disk and manual climate control stock headunit.

My question is:

does the 08 2.5i headunit have satellite radio?

will this kit be compatible with it?

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Hey guys - I need some help -

I left my sunroof open the other day and the Ipod was laying on my seat. The ipod shorted and fried the Ipod and the cable. Is it possible to buy Just the replacement cable (Ipod -> satallite radio module) I asked subaru parts, and damn if they wont sell only the whole unit for $400 :(

Can anyone clarify this for me?

I have a 2005 2.5i base model with Single disk and manual climate control. And after reading this thread, I've found a 08 2.5i with Single disk and manual climate control stock headunit.

My question is:

does the 08 2.5i headunit have satellite radio?

will this kit be compatible with it?

I know the 08 6 disc unit with dual climate control has satellite radio, but I don't know if the single disc manual one has it. I would think it would. According to this site http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2008.html the 2.5i has a 6 disc HU, so I don't know where the one disc unit came from or who's right or wrong. :) Hopefully someone will chime in.

If you have a picture of it maybe you can see if it has a SAT button.

I left my sunroof open the other day and the Ipod was laying on my seat. The ipod shorted and fried the Ipod and the cable. Is it possible to buy Just the replacement cable (Ipod -> satallite radio module) I asked subaru parts, and damn if they wont sell only the whole unit for $400 :(

What about maybe fixing the cable? Are you sure the unit didn't get damaged? If it didn't and only the connector that goes to the iPod is burnt or something, it might be easy to just get that replaced. You would need to find out the pin out but it should be doable.

ok just read the last 25 pages, i think i understand this clearly now. Just to double make sure, will it charge my 1st generation iPhone? or will I need to get this adapter

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-Charging-Adapter-touch-iPhone/dp/B001HN6CVA]Amazon.com: Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod touch 2G, 3G; iPod nano 4G; iPhone 3G (Black): Electronics[/ame]

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

• 1 month later...

Barely OT, but I've got the entire kit for sale if anyone is interested :D

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-ks-legacy-imprezza-ipod-integration-kit-138035.html?p=2957070#post2957070

NEVER ARGUE WITH A STUPID PERSON.

THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

You'll need the head unit from a 2007 or 2008 car for this to work (read the other thread you posted in). Basically, one which has a "SAT" button for use with Satellite radio.

Then again, I don't know if it will work with the iPhone 4 as you're probably one of the first people on EARTH to have one. ;)

Let us know if it works!

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

I plug it in, yet it wont recognize my 5th generation iPod. Has anyone else had this issue? I plug in my old nano and it's fine, but it still says detached when I plug my 5th generation in.

Its updated to the latest software...

Archived