LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbo Kit for non-turbo Subaru

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll look into the exhaust manifold compatibility - I'm tempted to say 06+ only, but hate to assume.

....and $4500 is what the old kit cost, roughly. The new kit isn't heading North of that price, more like South...

Regards,

Paul Hansen

www.avoturboworld.com

Maybe the 05 guys will be left out :eek: if push comes to shove jsut sell them a kit sans the UP and have the owner get one fabricated.

2005's have the 3rd gen legacy style exhaust header and cat-pipe (Older imprezas have this style as well I believe), while the 06+ have their own design header and cat-pipe.

05 and 06+ Legacies WOULD need a different uppipe. Downpipes would bolt up exactly the same though.

2005 should have the same factory exhaust as the 2006+ correct or no?

(If not I smell a header opportunity...)

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

2005 2.5i can use the Borla 17183 style Impreza NA header as a bolt on. There's a good photo of how the midpipe is different on an 06+ here...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2973260&postcount=9

That post shows the borla style header and how the newer midpipe won't mate up to it.

That doesn't look like a production kit, nor do I expect it has the tuning and research that AVO puts into their products...

Anyone can build and bolt on a turbo kit...

Yeah I know LOL i was hoping the sarcastic nature of my post would shine thru. I failed :lol:

oh wow he is from IL too...anyone know him? the only thing is the hose connection from the intake and bov looks collapsed a bit...not bad though..some type of inspiration...=)

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

oh wow he is from IL too...anyone know him? the only thing is the hose connection from the intake and bov looks collapsed a bit...not bad though..some type of inspiration...=)

hahahaha yeah it is probably not strong enough to handle the vacuum. I also like how it says "kit cost $1249.00 installed from Desired Edge" never heard of them or this kit and I hope they would at least use a final production kit to advertise and not a hack job one :)

lol...yeah its best to wait for AVO since Ross put lots of R&D into it...just like when i waited for Rob at RRM in cali to produce the turbo kit for my mitsu lancer...We gotta be patient!! Or else we pay twice the price most the time. Love that FMIC on the prototype!! thats hot!! and i am sure it will crank on the first turn :lol:

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

the guy said that he didn't tune the kit he only played with the Fuel Pressure Regulator however you need tuning to adjust the FPR under different driving conditions ad hoc sooo that motor should blow up any mile now

the guy said that he didn't tune the kit he only played with the Fuel Pressure Regulator however you need tuning to adjust the FPR under different driving conditions ad hoc sooo that motor should blow up any mile now

yeah i saw no tuning what so ever, and unless i missed it i did not even see a dyno chart. like stated above anyone can make a turbo kit, but for a non turbo car id wait for it to be tested tested tested and more tested before it was put on my car, and made sure the correct tuning was in place, especial on a 2.5i econo box..

i used to drive/tune my last car but it was boosted stock (srt4) and even with a boosted car you still cant run it on stock tune if you start modding.. LGT guys here can even attests to that, there are too many variables, things can go wrong really quick, and i would hate to find out the hard way after spending 2 grand of now useless money..

people wait for AVO.. if they say its in the makings it is, just be patient..

the access port is going to be the biggest hold up on this kit.. dont all the years have different definitions? and they have to work with cobb on that.. so then we have to wait for cobb... ugh.. i just hope this kit will be usable for the 2010 guys too so they can get future sales and not only market for 05-09

The biggest hold up is 2.5i owners of the Legacy variety you can't rush a product to a market that no one buys or shows desire this is true in every engine related mod AP, headers, Internals (Rallitek probably regrets making heads and cams for 2.5i people), swaps, even transmission upgrades :eek:

I once was a believer that the aftermarket needed a jumpstart but they better make this kit with Imprezas as the main platform making it for a legacy will be a waste

Archived