LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbo Kit for non-turbo Subaru

Sean,

Saw the 2.5i Vid on RS25.com I am really hoping you all don't skimp out on us with that AP option??? there cant be that much difference btwn an impreza and a legacy 2.5i. Right ?:eek: I really want one of those AP's i didnt know it offered so much

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought one of those turbo kits a few years back for my 1995 legacy 2.2l

it was running like 7psi it blew my head gaskets in like 9 months

if you want a turbo legacy get a swap done. i wish to god i had just shelled out the 4500 dollars on a front clip i would of been really happy and this was way back in 99 before there was a turbo legacy (minus the 90-94 turbo)

I bought one of those turbo kits a few years back for my 1995 legacy 2.2l

it was running like 7psi it blew my head gaskets in like 9 months

if you want a turbo legacy get a swap done. i wish to god i had just shelled out the 4500 dollars on a front clip i would of been really happy and this was way back in 99 before there was a turbo legacy (minus the 90-94 turbo)

IT wasnt meant for the EJ22 to start with and 6psi was "safe" back then and now. That kits is rock solid and ive never heard a horror story from a owner that ran it per AVO specs. I would imagine the lag in development is due to either testing (looong term) or simply that there is no more demand but def not due to FEAR :)

While that is a good point, it misses the point of owning a Legacy. It's not meant to be a dragster. If we were looking to have fun with straight line speed, we'd all be in a muscle car forum right now talking about our Mustangs and Camaro

While that is a good point, it misses the point of owning a Legacy. It's not meant to be a dragster. If we were looking to have fun with straight line speed, we'd all be in a muscle car forum right now talking about our Mustangs and Camaro

LOL instead we can show those guys this video instead:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLQ3yWwAam4]YouTube- STI Spanks SS[/ame]

Proving that we ( Suabru Guys/Gals) can get it done in a straight line as well :)

now imagine how much money that fool put into his STI to run that fast, probably 20-30 grand in upgrades.put thatmuch into a camaro you will have a track car.

Well parts wise yes the WRX owner spent more only b/c turbo cars cost more to modify and its a Subaru he had a rotated GT3076R, FMIC, EBCS, catted DP, STi axleback, DW 850's, Walbro 245 FP, pushing 29 psi at 4200RPM

The Camaro guy had a built engine: trick flow heads, forged crank, pistons, 3.54 rear end, the whole 9

So they probably had near close amounts in each car. The reason the STi let up was b/c @ 29psi it blew a IC coupler but that 6spd was putting in work @:11 sec into the video

For that kind of money you can go procharged on a camaro and be putting down 500+ hp to the wheels... Let's say he spent 40k for car + parts to get that kind of power. For 20k for car + parts you can have a kick ass 500 hp camaro (3rd gen of course)

For that kind of money you can go procharged on a camaro and be putting down 500+ hp to the wheels... Let's say he spent 40k for car + parts to get that kind of power. For 20k for car + parts you can have a kick ass 500 hp camaro (3rd gen of course)

My diesel RV has 600hp and runs 30psi boost.... Isn't this a Subaru Legacy forum??

How does ANY of this relate to a turbo kit for an NA Subaru?

Lets keep this thread on track please.

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK..com

Archived