LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbo Kit for non-turbo Subaru

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
guys i think this is worth a look-see

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129603

supercharged impreza, previously N/A

You and your 2010 2.5i Sport LOL! Those SC kits have been talked about with high regard and they are proven to run for many thousands of miles w/o problems I think one Impreza owner is pushing 40K miles with the kit installed.

If they ever make a MAF version look out!!!!!

^If you read the whole thread a MAF version is already in the making...AVO's got competition ;)

Yeah i read that the MAF version is waiting on the "pipe" from some guy is Aussie Land LOL w/e that means. If that MAF version drops before this turbo kit with a cheaper tag and the lure of "easy" installation oh man.

It still doesn't solve the the stock clutch dilemma :confused:

The current price is at $3900CAD (around $3700 USD), which is pretty much the same price as the current AVO turbo kit for the 2.5RS Impreza. So price wise it will be similar.

I'm pretty sure the turbo will make more power than the SC though...

it dawned upon me though

if i EVER put a turbo on my car theoretically my car can be tuned to have its CVT keep turbo on boost pressure at all times so meaning i may have a beast if the cvt can handle that much tq

Oh you have the lineartronic :cool:

yes the transmission which is even worse than a regular 5eat slushbox

Yeah i cant say that, that particular tranny has gotten rave reviews from the performance crowd. I hear it is bland not bad not very "wow" but i magine that soon all auto makers will abandon the traditional auto trans for the CVT style

AVO makes a turbo kit for the Impreza. It has fit issues with Legacy 2.5i due to a top mount intercooler. Ross and I are working on a new FMIC kit for the '05+ Impreza/Legacy 2.5i. At the end of this month. Full production kits will be avilable late summer this year.

Here is a link to the current turbo kit for Impreza 00-04:

http://www.rallitek.com/avocotukit.html

I welcome your input!

Sean S.

This statement just strikes me as WOW! Not hating on you Sean or Rallitek I know you have more lucrative ventures to attend to but dizzam that was 2 years ago :lol:

well for the few months ive been driving it its pretty slow (9.6 seconds from 0-60) slower than a corolla! but it rapes in the gas mileage department thats for sure

I wish they stayed with direct shifter linkages in the manual trims that new indirect shifter linkage setup isnt as "cool"

This statement just strikes me as WOW! Not hating on you Sean or Rallitek I know you have more lucrative ventures to attend to but dizzam that was 2 years ago :lol:

2 years? That sounds like it was from this last summer, not the summer before. So it's only months old...???

That's AVO's schedule.... AVO builds it, I just tune it. I have been asking for the kit since that time. Our Accessport is ready for Impreza now, and will be out for Legacy soon.

We have been with AVO for 12 years now, so we would never make our own components when they have plans for them. No matter how long it takes...

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

^^^ that is post #1 :lol: from April of 2007 it started this thread :eek: just when you track the thread and see that it is going on 3 years since the " will be ready late summer" comment you kinda laugh and every day since that comment we still wait like like little girls for the jock to walk out of the locker room :lol: im cool i understand I you must be a tiny bit frustrated :confused:

^^^ that is post #1 :lol: from April of 2007 it started this thread :eek: just when you track the thread and see that it is going on 3 years since the " will be ready late summer" comment you kinda laugh and every day since that comment we still wait like like little girls for the jock to walk out of the locker room :lol: im cool i understand I you must be a tiny bit frustrated :confused:

LMFAO!! You are soooo funny! U rock.

WOW it has been a long time... :spin:

Prototype was built this summer.... IDK when the production units will be out tho. I have always thought this kit would be a big kudos to our community.

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

Archived