LegacyGT.com

Rx330 OEM conversion for Full OEM HID's Write-up

I don't know setup he has so he could have an separate igniter system sort of like my parents touareg has a d1s system with the igniters up connected to the bulb rather than the newer systems of having them in the ballast.

lol i know im messing with you i was bored at work! lol

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a pic of the setup Rigo did for me.

Denso Slim Ballast

85122+ bulbs

rx330 bowls

Legacy Shield

Legacy Lens Holder

Celica Clear Lenses

Used 2 washers on both side

Let me know if you think I need to adjust the headlights at all.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z310/hybridsti/IMG_9703.jpg

I'll adjust the headlight tonight. I think the bulb was bad. I dropped in the 85122+ and it was fine this morning. We'll see what happens.:rolleyes:

^right side needs to come up a little ...top lince should be even,,,but color looks great

Nice!

my next mod to mine will be custom curved shielding and e30 lens.

Anyone happen to have any for sale? :lol:

dude celica lenses snap right in! not need for a sheild mod :spin:

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

some crappy pics but heres non-afs, e30 lens, custom shield:

/quote]

why custom sheild? the the right spacing the stock works great!

• 2 weeks later...

anybody in the tri-state area willing to help/do (:D) this retrofit?

im willing to pay some $ as im pretty sure id mess this up.

or if you prefer, pizza, beer, etc is on me.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so i read all the way from page 1-22 and my eyes hurt and i would like a quicker method of answering a couple of questions. What is the best lens to purchase and replace the factory one with that is considered direct drop in w/o mod? I have the 08 lights and gather they are frosted so clarity can be gained from replacing those. I have the AFS version projectors coming which i believe just means i need to trace the current shield pattern onto the RX shield and trim to match, does this apply to the 08

shields? Other than that i think i have got the general idea. Anyone know where i can pick up a spare set of 08 headlight assemblies for non subaru prices? Thanks

Also, i have a digital ballast for the H7 setup. Am i correct i just need a D2s adapter harness and a D2s Bulb to make it work with my current ballast?

Would this be a good lens for direct replacement in the RX AFS housing if i am planning on using all Lexus parts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CLEAR-PROJECTOR-LENS-E30-S2000-FX-D2S-LEXUS-RX-AFS_W0QQitemZ230340711471QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item35a160542f&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12|39%3A1|72%3A1205|240%3A1318

Edited by jerami1981
added bulb question

ok time for the answers. :D

The best lens for the AFS versions would be the E30 lens as its depth is about the same as the stock lens.

The AFS projectors require custom mounting and have a curved shield which will make them super sharp across the entire cutoff where as the non-asf have a flat shield so they are sharpest in the center.

For the Ballast you would need the D2S adapters and D2S bulbs for the projectors.

The ebay lens should work if its around the same depth as the e30 lens is.

They are what insurance normally tries to get you to buy, they are 99% perfect nice alternative and money saver.

Awesome. I am almost ready. I just need to find out where i saw something about some "knockoff" yet identical looking head light assemblies for cheaper than subaru.
Mr.350