LegacyGT.com

Rx330 OEM conversion for Full OEM HID's Write-up

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I would love to get a set so that I can have the auto leveling motors. I'll swap the projector out but I want the harness and auto leveling still.

Heck I'd even take manual switched leveling but I just need those motors. I wish Subaru sold the motor assembly separate.

you may be able to get the manual levelling motors separately. i can check on this. of course you would also need the switch to control them.

Please check on it if you can. It'd be awesome if we could and I'm sure if you can get a hold of them you could sale them for a little profit for yourself. I know of at least 10 guys that would buy them tomorrow if you could get a hold of them.

If you look under the fuse and relay box under the hood under the cap are the labels and there is a label named HID but no relay or fuse in the slot.

so here's the deal - we cant buy levelling motor from Subaru....

but, Toyota uses the same exact motors which you can buy separately. i have not fitted them myself, but they seem to be exactly the same as the motors that came with my jdm headlights.

so, if anyone wants to try an expensive experiment (each motor is ~$100), levelling motor part number is 85661-22020. you might also need gasket part number 90075-99120

• 1 month later...

I did this over the weekend - WOWZA!! I love the light - definitely much wider beam pattern than the stock projectors - I'm still getting used to seeing light over there... :lol: RX330 projectors & lens holders, LGT lenses, and 2 washers. And no return wire! Yay! :)

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/Spoonwacker/DSC_0022.jpg

Thanks MiniStiGuy for this thread and for the PM help!

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

The RX330 swap is awesome :D

Only thing that isn't for me is the fogging when it rains :( I have resealed them twice and the second time, I scraped out all the old glue and used new glue, but I think that it has something to do with the 08+ Headlight design... It doesn't breath very well because the they did it when they where stock too... Its not really a big deal, it just drives me nuts because it only happens when it rains or gets wet and its still a bit cold... When the summer comes, Im hoping that the problem goes away! Subaru says a little bit of condensation is normal, or as they call it, "Dew"

I want to get new ballast's so I can run the wire through the grommet. I have Denso ballasts right now that the power wire runs through the grommet but the bulb wire runs through the cap and is sealed. I want to get a factory ballast that has a bulb wire that can be disconnected from the ballast so I can run it through the grommet. The Denso wire does not disconnect from the ballast.

What I would really like, is to find a set of RHD factory HID!

Edited by 05LegacyGTLimited

Hmm...I've been thinking about just buying a new grommet to just go around the D2s adapter wire (leaving the power wires completely outside the housing so that they don't go in then back out), but I've got it all put back together right now - anybody know the diameter of that grommet hole?

I suppose I could check it tonight - but I'm impatient :)

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER