LegacyGT.com

Rx330 OEM conversion for Full OEM HID's Write-up

^be very careful with the squirrel finders...because the piece of metal is thin, it can be damaged and pretty easily and while it may look normal to the eye any little movement can mess with your cutoff, i used putty that gets hard...not sure of actual name got it at autozone

Thanks for the heads up. Luckily the oxidation came off really easy. I found another thread where MiniStiGuy recommended quick steel. I will head out to pick up a tube soon.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did pop off the horizontal aiming caps, I guess I should have spent a wee bit more time getting it right. I am going to have to pull one of my housings a re-bake it, as I have found some condensation. I will hopefully have this done by next weekend, and I will re-aim them.

I have also found one other issue. I had an xtec h7 kit in my other housings for 3 years. They were bullet proof, however now that I have switched over to the D2S bulbs (same xtec ballasts), I am having the dreaded one or both headlights not coming on issue. I am going to order the battery/relay harness today and will be considering replacing my battery as well.

try the harness first as isolating the system from the stock wiring will ensure it gets the required voltage.

That seems to have done the trick. Once I got the harness installed, both lights fired each time I tried. Several tests were done, including turning over the engine when the lights were on.

sorry i'm late finse, i could have told you tons -- i've been running the whole mdx d2s optics for about a year now. i'll keep an eye out here if you have any further q's :)

No worries underpowerd, luckily for me the retro with the mdx d2s optics went very smoothly. :)

• 1 month later...
So do the MDXs drop in just like the RX330s? Are you guys using 07+ projectors? Getting any color out of these projectors?

I have only done the MDX projectors, so I don't know if it was exactly like the RX330s, but it sure seemed like they were. As far as the year goes, I can not remember exactly, I seem to recall my projectors being 06 or 07. I'll see if I can find the packing slip when I get home. I played around with the color mod, but I did not like it so much, I really prefer the cutoff line being sharp.

from the pics i've seen, the lens holders and bowls are nearly identical to the 330s; consequently, using the lgt shields should practically make them a bolt on affair

i liked the MDX shields as well, and the mounting bolt pattern looks tantalizingly close to the lgt, but actually needs either bracketing, or to be redrilled/slotted; took some doing (drill few holes, trim here, grind there, some washers) to get the entire optics assembly to tuck in/bolt up perfectly, but i'm happy i did, spread is wide and sweet.

i have a full writeup with pics on my other comp, will post it later on if there's anyone that wants it.

as for year, mine are 08, and i believe that was the first year the mdx got hid.

here's a crappy cell phone wall pic (55w ddm ballasts, philips bulbs, no color washer spacing, oem mdx squirrel spotters left open):

(fogs off)

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w102/duluoz_01/Cutoff-nofogs.jpg

Edited by underpowerd

Are Acura TSX projectors similar to the MDX and RX330?

There's an ebay seller with "RX330" in his TSX listing. It doesn't look quite right, so maybe it's just keyword spam, but I gotta ask...

EDIT: Ebay seller "hidparts" is a keyword-spamming douchebag!

Thanks!

Edited by NSFW

Hey MiniSTiGuy. I was thinking of taking my lights apart again and playing with the cutoff shield. I have an extra set of shields for the legacy and think I'm gonna play around with making a curved shield out of them. What do you think about that? Will it flatten out the beam pattern when facing a wall? I'm just sick of it trailing off due to the flat shield and I have some ideas that I think will work.

I also want to trim the foreground limiter to get more of an Acura TL type limit pattern.

Let me know what you think and any other suggestions. I'm currently running RX330 non AFS model.

I would say don't waste your time trying to bend and cut up the stock shields. Most guys that do custom shields use aluminum flashing or some other thinner material than what the stock shields are. Try your local hardware store and look for any metal sign or a sheet of thin metal and use that.

Check out this Thread for more info on custom shields.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44359&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0