LegacyGT.com

Rx330 OEM conversion for Full OEM HID's Write-up

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just put together all the parts for my retro besides the clear lenses. I saw a set on Ebay but will wait till after the Christmas season as the retro won't happen till I purchase some new lamp houses as well. Here's what I ordered. What do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250335213449

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=380083204864

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=200282092365

I would say 250.00 for the complete retro won't be too bad. The lenses I saw were another 20 bucks a piece. The problem is new houses are 230 a piece so that will kill me but I don't want to crack my originals open again and want to save them for when I want to trade the car in eventually.

Edited by Golf4283

^sounds good to me, very nice deal on the bulbs/ballasts.

i'll let you all know about those mdx's ;) they arrived today, and they look like sex in space. waiting on a headlight to be sure, but i'm hoping my eyeball is right and they just need a little extension up top to mount -- cross fingers for me.

Yea they looked just like the RX330's. I can't wait to do my retro. What do you guys think of these lenses?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__2-5-CLEAR-PROJECTOR-LENS-E30-S2000-FX-D2S-ZKW-RX-TSX_W0QQitemZ230307576431QQadiZ2865QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item230307576431&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A543|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I have to replace the lenses on these ones cuase I'm sure theyll be scratched. I also want to get a clear lens. Are these a ripoff and should I keep searching or should I scoop a couple up?

^^^^ they should work good, the ASF and non asf have differerant focal points just test out the spacing and you should be good, I had those in my FX and they worked as good as my 80 buck E30 lens maybe better.
Mr.350

WOW!! I didn't know this could be done?! I have one question What years are the NON-AFS? There are a lot of these RX330 assy on ebay but I'm not sure what year I should be looking at. Any help would be appreciated. One more question do you open the RX330 assy the same way as the Leggy? Edited by gb003a

Bored at work so I thought I would post. I have all my parts ready for my retro!. I had to order new bulbs though cause my ballast/bulb combo came with 1 cracked bulb. It's ok though cause I wanted the 85122's and not the 85122+'s. I was just going with what was available at the time. Thinking about tackling the retro next weekend.

I really want to buy new headlight assemblies but that will wait until next summer and I'll transfer my retro over to that as well as some LED DRL's that I'm gonna fab up.

Any opinions or other tips for the retro next week? I have read this thread like twice now to make sure not to miss a thing.

well the swap is easy. Simple open the headlights unscrew stock projectors remove bowl from stock projecter and replace with rx330 bowl then screw back on.

Its the modification that takes more time like if you want to try and color mod etc... the modifying is a per job thing and what works for one usually wont work for another so its a test and retest sort of thing until your happy with the result.