LegacyGT.com

our cars apparently look too nice

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.

I believe our cars have the option to lock the doors automatically after starting engine (or when the car starts rolling?). Requires changing settings in BIU (body integrated unit) with SSM.

Have anyone had dealer do it?

i usually always defeat my auto locks; but then again the closest thing to being car-jacking i had to deal with was when my fat-ass sister-inlaw tried to squeeze in ride to make a light krispy kreme raid......

damn fat chicks........

I hate the auto door locks. I had 2 cars that had them & I disabled it on both. Just lock em if you feel unsafe
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I have them on Altima. Don't bother me, really.

to each his own. I didnt like em b/c every time I went to get out of the car I had to unlock the doors & it gets annoying

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

You would be surprised how many carjackings occur in areas that are considered safe. In an area that is notorious for crime everyone is on the defensive but in an area that is considered safer everyone has their guard down (doors unlocked, BS on their cell phone, sing to your favorite song on the radio, etc). Then before you know it....you standing in the cold or worse!!

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

^^^

Whoa! White people don't car jack too?!! Speaking of ASSumptions!

exactly my point.....he was questioning at which point does self defense kick-in in an assumptive car-jacking......

and speaking as a minority, if i walk towards a car at the same time a white dude does, i'll bet you the last thing on that person's mind is "that white dude's gonna jack my ride", no don't think so; sad but true.

i used to carpool with a white girl to work, few times had to stop by the grocery store to pick up a few things, and i can't tell you how many holes were drilled into my back as people stared at us and shook their heads---and we were just friends....

---sorry, thread jack over-------

if someone is running towards you or points a weapon or tries to get in your car, that should be a good enough to run away, but is it good enough to run him over? say if he's pointing a gun at your windshield, I don't think I'll feel that guilty if I run him over and kill him.

Where did you learn this? I want to go to school for that, sounds like fun!

Read a lot of books. And in my case, that car length in front saved my bacon!!!!

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

if someone is running towards you or points a weapon or tries to get in your car, that should be a good enough to run away, but is it good enough to run him over? say if he's pointing a gun at your windshield, I don't think I'll feel that guilty if I run him over and kill him.

I'm no lawyer, but if someone threatens you with a deadly weapon you're probably OK using deadly force in response. I'm sure this varies with jurisdiction though, just like gun laws.

If someone doesn't display a weapon, but does try to get into your car, I dunno. That sounds just ambiguous enough to get you fxxked over in court when the thug claims he was just going to ask for directions when you ran over his friend. :(

Wow, I'm glad everything worked out ok.

I used to frequent that area during my time at Wentworth. There were always reports and campus safety bulletins about muggings and robberies all up and down Huntington. A CVS employee at the Longwood Medical location was stabbed right outside chasing a thief a couple years back.

Brigham Circle is definitely shady, I would not go there after dark if I could avoid it. My buddy was robbed in his apartment at gunpoint twice on the hill in different apartments.

Guest Gitster
Wow, what a story. Glad to hear it all turned out okay.

And BTW mgitlin, Jamaica Plain was annexed by Boston in 1874, and Roxbury was annexed in 1868 or so. All of it is Boston minus Brookline, all the way out to Dedham in the southwest corner.

Thats funny that the United States Post Office doesn't recognize this annex because when i lived in ROXBURY, All my mail said ROXBURY on it. Same with my friend on Mission Hill, their mail says Roxbury Crossing. And I just went to Google Maps, and I typed in Roxbury, and Jamaica Plain MA, and they both came up.

Annexed or not, they are still recognized areas with RECOGNIZED DEMOGRAPHICS pertaining directly in relation to this thread, and the attempted car jacking.

Archived