LegacyGT.com

our cars apparently look too nice

I'm confused about one thing ... while I don't think this guy was trying to offer you a million dollars, why would a car jacker go to the passenger side of the car?

Was anyone approaching the driver side?

Strange

that would be the smart thing to do considering "he's inside the vehicle with you" ....because he wasn't the only one.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gitster
It was sort of by the hospitals/Wentworth - you know, right in front of the 711 or Christie's or whatever it is.

Yeah unfortunately thats not Boston, but Roxbury Crossings. That area is called Bringham Circle at the intersection of Huntington and Tremont St. Theres alot of sketchy stuff that goes on down there, i know lots of people that live right there. Its cheaper than living down the other end of Huntington so I know alot of students that live down there.

I hate to play the race card, but I lived in Roxbury, I spent PLENTY of time in the Bringham circle area, but were these white college kids or brothas of color? My car got broken into on Tremont St, they stole the stereo (luckily it was my 92 Camry). If it was college kids, they were probably drunk and just messing around, but yeah. Like previously posted, why would they enter the passenger side if they wanted to car? Just lock your doors around there.

Glad your alright.

Yeah unfortunately thats not Boston, but Roxbury Crossings. That area is called Bringham Circle at the intersection of Huntington and Tremont St. Theres alot of sketchy stuff that goes on down there, i know lots of people that live right there. Its cheaper than living down the other end of Huntington so I know alot of students that live down there.

I hate to play the race card, but I lived in Roxbury, I spent PLENTY of time in the Bringham circle area, but were these white college kids or brothas of color? My car got broken into on Tremont St, they stole the stereo (luckily it was my 92 Camry). If it was college kids, they were probably drunk and just messing around, but yeah. Like previously posted, why would they enter the passenger side if they wanted to car? Just lock your doors around there.

Glad your alright.

I didn't realize that wasn't technically Boston. I always just sort of assumed it was because I had already crossed the Brookline/Boston line, and I didn't think I actually crossed into Rox, just near it.

And to answer your question, they looked Hispanic, and if I had to guess, I wouldn't say they were drunk. Their movements looked sober enough to me.

Guest Gitster
I didn't realize that wasn't technically Boston. I always just sort of assumed it was because I had already crossed the Brookline/Boston line, and I didn't think I actually crossed into Rox, just near it.

And to answer your question, they looked Hispanic, and if I had to guess, I wouldn't say they were drunk. Their movements looked sober enough to me.

Yeah its a real weird area, actually the end of Huntington Ave is technically Jamaica Plain, we call it Jamaica Spain, because of the Huge dominican population. Bringham Circle is technically Roxbury Crossing. Tremont Street is no joke, its a rough area down there in the projects. It can get scary. Its funny cause it goes from Boston to Roxburry to Jamaica Plains to Brookline. Brookline is the complete opposite of Roxbury and Jamaica Plains. Its not a bad area where you were, just real diverse. Oh and BTW Im not a racist im a realist.

That really sucks an I am glad that you are OK. I always lock my car here in NYC, even though I have not heard anyone gotten carjacked here recently.

Just out of curiosity, are you white, or non-minority?

Maybe they were carjackers in training? :)

I am always aware of my surroundings, specially here in NYC where you never know what is going to happen. Just today some dude was driving the wrong way down a street. I was behind a SUV, and if I would have just taken the left lane to pass the SUV I would have had a head on collision.

Keep safe!

X

---

Just out of curiosity, are you white, or non-minority?

X

FWIW I'm mixed white/asian and have passed for many different races in my day. I could easily be mistaken for Hispanic (wouldn't be the first time).

In any event, it was pretty dark, so I seriously doubt this was a race-related incident.

Holy crap! That's why I'll never live in a huge city...

But, I must confess...last summer there were a few stalks of corn really giving me the eye...

I just hopped out, tore the skinny ones ear off, and rustled their leaves a bit. I showed them who can cream corn.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Glad you escaped unharmed. Do call the cops, reports like yours might persuade them to step up their presence in that area.

I shudder to think what wouldn't happened if one of them had gotten in front of your car... On the one hand, that's probably one less carjacker to worry about (good); on the other hand, they'd claim hit-and-run and you'd be facing charges for vehicular assault or something (bad).

Which is all the more reason to inform the cops - if somebody does run down one of the goblins, documented evidence of attempted carjackings in that area could help them out in court.

Guest Gitster
glad to hear you are alright...

I live just a bit further into boston from that area (hemenway st) and I know for a fact that area is real sketchy. Im always afraid of getting my car broken into when I park it on the NU campus, and that is supposedly "safer"

Hah I know Hemenway is a nice area, but its not the best. During the time I lived there, there were 2 or 3 people killed by gun shots, and a group of my friends that lived over there, apparently moved into an apartment that used to be occupied by drug dealers. One day a group of guys busted into their place, tied em up at gun point and held them there for several hours. One of them got out the window while he was in the bathroom to the fire escape, while the others were being questioned. This was all drug related, and they just happened to move into the wrong apartment. The previous tenants owed them money or something.

That area is funny, with Gainsborough being super nice, then you go to the Fens, scary as hell at night.

Hah I know Hemenway is a nice area, but its not the best. During the time I lived there, there were 2 or 3 people killed by gun shots, and a group of my friends that lived over there, apparently moved into an apartment that used to be occupied by drug dealers. One day a group of guys busted into their place, tied em up at gun point and held them there for several hours. One of them got out the window while he was in the bathroom to the fire escape, while the others were being questioned. This was all drug related, and they just happened to move into the wrong apartment. The previous tenants owed them money or something.

That area is funny, with Gainsborough being super nice, then you go to the Fens, scary as hell at night.

haha yeah...I remember hearing about that from the realtor who was showing me some places. Its great when u hear about someone getting shot at least once a month around here. Ruggles T stop seems to be a hot spot too. Oh lovely boston

glad you're ok dude. Nobody coulda blamed you if you ran them over. Best thing to do it that situation is exactly what you did.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived