LegacyGT.com

our cars apparently look too nice

Why the passenger side door though? Thinking happy thoughts.. maybe one of their friends drives a generic nondescript sedan (toyota maybe?) and they were a little buzzed and were hopping in for a ride. Maybe?

I would have done the same thing though. WTF? see ya!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boston/neighborhood name, it all works, at least according to ZIP code lookup on the post office site/my mail for the past twenty years.

If you want something screwy, try mailing something to somebody who says they live in Chestnut Hill which isn't a real town at all and overlays three towns and cities, yet the post office recognizes it as a name. If you try to send it to the actual city or town the person lives in, post office says it is incorrect.

Whoa, way off-topic!

Went to junior high and high school beside the MFA, so I was down in that area a lot. Guess I was a mean-looking kid, didn't have any trouble. Lots of Harvard med students are moving into the area these past few years. Couple of good bars as well.

thanks for the post. nothing like a frightening story to remind me to lock my doors. I'm giulty of rarely doing so, but since I've read the thread I've made a concious effort to lock em!

I wish the subaru doors (at least the front) opened from the inside when locked with out having to unlock them first.

Another effective weapon would be an AR with a 10.5" barrel. :icon_wink

1st rule of VIP protection driving, if you get into trouble, get out of dodge as fast as you can. The gas pedal is your friend. 3400 lb car can be a really effective weapon.

It's always a good idea to pay attention to your surroundings. Another reason why it is a bad idea to be talking on your cell phone while driving. Try to always leave half a car length between you and the car in front of you so you can make a getaway.

1st rule of VIP protection driving, if you get into trouble, get out of dodge as fast as you can. The gas pedal is your friend. 3400 lb car can be a really effective weapon.

It's always a good idea to pay attention to your surroundings. Another reason why it is a bad idea to be talking on your cell phone while driving. Try to always leave half a car length between you and the car in front of you so you can make a getaway.

Truer words never said, I use 1 car length. In my case, it was 5:00 am on my way to work in NJ. The car in front of me stopped short, but I maintained that car length. One guy got out of the passenger side, and then the other got out of the drivers side. The passenger walked up to the passenger side of the car. I put the car in first, very worried. (thinking rape).

Bang!, The guy smashed my passenger side window with something and reached it to unlock the door. Glass everywhere!!! Fortunately, I had removed the door lock buttons as a theft deterrent.

I looked forward and the other guy was right in front of the car. I guess they were amateurs, but I pop-ed the clutch and went straight for him, thinking that these assholes are going to kill me. I kept thinking, that they are going to shoot me. I didn't see a gun, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there. Heck, I don't even know how the guy broke my window.

The guy in front was extremely agile! It was after that I regretted not being able to run that felon down.

I ended up driving Right up the sidewalk to the entrance of the office building where I worked and fled into the lobby. I was sure that they were following me. They weren't.

Called the cops, they did nothing blah blah blah. Only one cop gave me good advice. Anytime, any one approaches you in your car in a suspicious manner, just go. Forget the stoplight, or anything else. It could save your life!!!

And one other thing for you ladies, never EVER stop for an unmarked police car. Proceed at a legal pace to the nearest police station or to a state police station. If a bunch of MARKED police cars show up, you should stop. Otherwise, F***em!:icon_mrgr

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

if they put their minds to an honest living, they might be able to make an actual living and become a productive member of society; but that's not what the gangsta rappa's, nba, movie studio execs and anyone else glamorizing a thug lifestyle wants......keep 'em ignorant, poor and desperate and anything can and will happen....

and i know these are broad generalizations, but when you dig deeper into the messages being broadcast to our youth, it's no wonder things like this take place.

even scarier: when we're senior citizens, this is the generation who'll be running the country; where will the next great leaders come from???

I would have tried to run over one of the assailants. This kind of stuff really urks me.

Fight versus flight. It was only later that I regretted not running that felon over. probably for the best. But like I said, he was agile, and to this day I don't know which way he jumped. But I think, if it was to the right, bubbump,bubbump!!!!:icon_mrgr

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Guest Gitster
It was at Bringham Circle, by the Hospitals and 7/11, TGIFridays, and The Mission. I used to live at 115 gainsborough, we had the best parties of all time, We once had 14 cops in our apartment. Haha.

glad to hear you are alright...

I live just a bit further into boston from that area (hemenway st) and I know for a fact that area is real sketchy. Im always afraid of getting my car broken into when I park it on the NU campus, and that is supposedly "safer"

Hey do you have a black LGT w/ Smoked rear tail lights? Did you recently get new silver 5 spoke rims and a lip?

And, have you ever seen a bright red 05 WRX parked in the same lot as you? I dont want to say where you park, but if this is all true then Hi neighbor!

It was at Bringham Circle, by the Hospitals and 7/11, TGIFridays, and The Mission. I used to live at 115 gainsborough, we had the best parties of all time, We once had 14 cops in our apartment. Haha.

Damn, and to think they are "beautifying" that area. Have you been to The Mission or Penguin? Both great bars w/ awesome import beers (stuff you cant get usually).

Did they look like upstanding people and then out of nowhere they pulled this, or did they look like ghetto-hoodlums lol.

Guest Gitster
Yeah The Mission is a good place. Penguin has awesome pizza if i remember correctly. If you read through some earlier posts, Dagwood said they looked hispanic and not drunk college kids.

I wonder if you overreacted a bit? Maybe he just needed a light? :icon_bigg Or directions? Not all hoods are car jackers you know?! :icon_bigg:lol:

But if the gut says run, the you run!

Good instincts there!

X

---

Guest Gitster
What Friday's?

The Fridays is pretty new, its in the same plaza as Stop and Shop, right at the bottom in that little concrete area, next to Cold Stone.

Archived