LegacyGT.com

our cars apparently look too nice

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, I would see that a problem with shot loads is still the concern with collateral damage. From what I've been told, a rifle cartridge fired out of a short barrel is still the choice of most PSD "operators".

I would go with one of the many .308 uppers for an AR if you really feel .223 to be insufficient.

A buckshot pattern really doesn't open up much out to about 25 yards, and thats as far as we planned on using the shotgun from the vehicle anyway.

As far as an AR in .308 goes, in case you didn't know the upper won't work on an AR15 lower, as the magazine well needed to accomodate a .308 is considerably longer than that for a .223. This means a complete new rifle, which means even more money.

Yes, but I'm always concerned about the off chance occurances, such as having to engage a target at 100 yards, or shoot through some sort of intermediate target.

A buckshot pattern really doesn't open up much out to about 25 yards, and thats as far as we planned on using the shotgun from the vehicle anyway.

Yup, forgot about that...it should've been obvious to me :( . Sorry I can't offer any better advice, besides 6.8SPC which the Army Markmanship Unit has been shooting, I'm unfamiliar with the other systems.

As far as an AR in .308 goes, in case you didn't know the upper won't work on an AR15 lower, as the magazine well needed to accomodate a .308 is considerably longer than that for a .223. This means a complete new rifle, which means even more money.

We should probably stop this firearms discussion before this thread gets locked. :)

why not just rename it "guns and ammo subiestyle"????:)

Yes, but I'm always concerned about the off chance occurances, such as having to engage a target at 100 yards, or shoot through some sort of intermediate target.

:)

Not to worry we still had our trusty M16A4's too, the shotgun was for up close only. In a civilian application you would have a hard time justifying an engagement out to 100 yards with a threat while you were in a car.

I guess not in Boston, MA. :lol: I was talking to some guys who were over in the sandbox a little while ago doing PSD and they were talking about short barreled ARs were the ticket back when they were in country in 2004.

If all goes well and MARCORSYSCOM has it way, your brethren will be shooting SCAR-L's by 2009. :)

Not to worry we still had our trusty M16A4's too, the shotgun was for up close only. In a civilian application you would have a hard time justifying an engagement out to 100 yards with a threat while you were in a car.

Yeah unfortunately thats not Boston, but Roxbury Crossings. That area is called Bringham Circle at the intersection of Huntington and Tremont St. Theres alot of sketchy stuff that goes on down there, i know lots of people that live right there. Its cheaper than living down the other end of Huntington so I know alot of students that live down there.

I hate to play the race card, but I lived in Roxbury, I spent PLENTY of time in the Bringham circle area, but were these white college kids or brothas of color? My car got broken into on Tremont St, they stole the stereo (luckily it was my 92 Camry). If it was college kids, they were probably drunk and just messing around, but yeah. Like previously posted, why would they enter the passenger side if they wanted to car? Just lock your doors around there.

Glad your alright.

So if they're white, they're college students who are drunk? And if they're 'brothas', they don't go to college? I'm confused...

If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic.

Guest Gitster
So if they're white, they're college students who are drunk? And if they're 'brothas', they don't go to college? I'm confused...

Did you / Do you go to Northeastern or Wentworth? Do you live in that area? Do you know anything about that area?? Anyone who does, Yes would agree with that statement. Northeastern is 5% African American, and 6% Hispanic, and 65% White. Roxbury is about 10% White. Speaking in Generalities, I am correct.

I guess not in Boston, MA. :lol: I was talking to some guys who were over in the sandbox a little while ago doing PSD and they were talking about short barreled ARs were the ticket back when they were in country in 2004.

If all goes well and MARCORSYSCOM has it way, your brethren will be shooting SCAR-L's by 2009. :)

Hopefully chambered for something with more hard target performance and soft target performance than the 5.56mm.

Well, the SCAR program's "increment 1" has both a 5.56 and 7.62 NATO versions. Further developments will probably turn out 7.62X39 and 6.8SPC versions as well.
Hopefully chambered for something with more hard target performance and soft target performance than the 5.56mm.

Did you / Do you go to Northeastern or Wentworth? Do you live in that area? Do you know anything about that area?? Anyone who does, Yes would agree with that statement. Northeastern is 5% African American, and 6% Hispanic, and 65% White. Roxbury is about 10% White. Speaking in Generalities, I am correct.

You missed the little old lady demographic going to the MFA.:lol:

That's probably right about right for Huntington Ave in front of NU. But if you go down around Symphony Hall I think you can see one of every kind of human on the planet - hourly.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Guest Gitster
You missed the little old lady demographic going to the MFA.:lol:

That's probably right about right for Huntington Ave in front of NU. But if you go down around Symphony Hall I think you can see one of every kind of human on the planet - hourly.

Unfortunatley noone got car jacked in front of symphony hall. It was Bringham circle, about 2 miles from eachother, worlds apart. I represented the roxbury demographics and the NU demographics because many many NU and WIT students live on Mission Hill because you can get a house apartment for much cheaper than down in civilization. And it also crosses into Roxbury and Jamaica Plain down there so I represented those demographics as well. Can everyone just concede that Im right and stop challenging me?

Well, the SCAR program's "increment 1" has both a 5.56 and 7.62 NATO versions. Further developments will probably turn out 7.62X39 and 6.8SPC versions as well.

Great, now convince FN to sell a civilian version.

Somebody close this thread before i have a heart attack

While we have strayed off topic a bit, I see no reason why this would cause you to have a heart attack. You know it is possible to not read a thread once you loose interest in it don't you?

Guest Gitster
While we have strayed off topic a bit, I see no reason why this would cause you to have a heart attack. You know it is possible to not read a thread once you loose interest in it don't you?

No absolutely not, i'm at work and sometimes i have nothing better to do, hence most of my dumb replies. Ive really never seen a thread get so out of hand, but then again this is in the General Forum, and I guess that means its no holds barred.

I know some of you will be very sad, but Unsubscribe, if anyone needs any more information on Boston crime demographics, history, history of violence, or a general geography lesson PM Me. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It was "debuted" at the Shot Show last month, has potential, but unfortunately for Magpul, they developed it years too late to be in contention for the SCAR.

Ever heard of the Masada rifle from Magpul? That thing will be a serious competitor to the FN SCAR if it turns out to be very reliable.

They will. One of the "losers" of the original competition, Robinson Arms, sells a civilian version of their SCAR entry.

Great, now convince FN to sell a civilian version.

////

I know some of you will be very sad, but Unsusbcribe, if anyone needs any more information on Boston crime demographics, history, history of violence, or a general geography lesson PM Me. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

How about spelling? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Guest Gitster
How about spelling? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I didn't say anything about spelling, Don't change my spelling to make me look bad, disregard the Edit. Lol. Hey wait im supposed to be unsubscribed. Good day. :spin:

They will. One of the "losers" of the original competition, Robinson Arms, sells a civilian version of their SCAR entry.

I am well aware of the Robinson, but they are a small company, and they took forever and half a day to get the rifles out to the public. I am always concerned with future support for any weapon I buy that I plan on shooting a great deal.

I am also not so sure that I want to buy one of the rejected rifles, perhaps if teh reason they lost was made known I would reconsider. The barrel change option is really pretty cool.

I didn't say anything about spelling, Don't change my spelling to make me look bad, disregard the Edit. Lol. Hey wait im supposed to be unsubscribed. Good day. :spin:

No, I was making a joke because there was nearly one misspelled word per sentence in most of your posts. This does not contribute to making you a credible information source.

And it's Brigham Circle, not Bringham. Roxbury, not roxbury. But like you said, you've unsubscribed.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Guest Gitster

Unsubscribe. (Spelling has nothing to do general knowledge, i type fast and i dont type properly.) Unsubscribe. (It also doesnt defeat the fact that i lived there for 5 years. I also frequent the area, i was just there 6 days ago.) Subscribe. (And please people, Brigham Circle is NOT a dangerous area, dont avoid it when in Boston, it has culture just like the South End, Southie and Cambridge. Just look out for Janitors writing on chalk boards.)

Unsubscribe.

Archived