LegacyGT.com

Fulcrum Superpro LCA bushes (group buy?)

hifiandmtb

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there a more specific availability date than "3-4 weeks", yet?

Nothing right now. I will call on Monday and see what I can find out. They will most likely only contact me once the kits are ready to ship from Australia. The kits are coming via air, so once we get ship info from SuperPro, we only have US customs to wait for.

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

wouldn't work for my car.

my tires are a little bigger than stock 27.2" vs 26.9"

if my tire is moved forward, when i turn my wheels they will definitely hit the plastic inner shield.

they barely miss now.

some of you should double check your clearance when you turn your wheels

wouldn't work for my car.

my tires are a little bigger than stock 27.2" vs 26.9"

if my tire is moved forward, when i turn my wheels they will definitely hit the plastic inner shield.

they barely miss now.

some of you should double check your clearance when you turn your wheels

As stock set of bushings should work for you. Just stay away from the offset ones...

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

Thinking about it. Does anyone know of a decent shop I can get the bushings installed and the alignment done int he Cincinnati area?

I think all the Cincy guys should buy sets and we should do the installs ourselves. Performance Alignment in Blue Ash (on Grooms Rd) is the best alignment shop in the area. They also have a tech that is a Suby fan so he knows exactly what he is doing.

I think all the Cincy guys should buy sets and we should do the installs ourselves. Performance Alignment in Blue Ash (on Grooms Rd) is the best alignment shop in the area. They also have a tech that is a Suby fan so he knows exactly what he is doing.

I'm down. I'll order up...

Actually, you had one small line that the home mechanic should look elsewhere. A great write up and I appreciate you taking the time to post this.

I am trying to determine the difficulty level and maybe some red flags about the install to see if I wopuld tackle it myself. If I need multiple spring compressors or if there are torqued springs ready to fly in my face, then I would leave it to a mechanic. If it is straighforward and only requires a jack, stands, air tools and some elbow grease, then I would attempt it myself.

Thanks again for the writeup. Never would have thought of these on my own.

Actually, you had one small line that the home mechanic should look elsewhere. A great write up and I appreciate you taking the time to post this.

I am trying to determine the difficulty level and maybe some red flags about the install to see if I wopuld tackle it myself. If I need multiple spring compressors or if there are torqued springs ready to fly in my face, then I would leave it to a mechanic. If it is straighforward and only requires a jack, stands, air tools and some elbow grease, then I would attempt it myself.

Thanks again for the writeup. Never would have thought of these on my own.

A home mechanic can most likely remove the lower control arm, if he is comfortable with a spring install. Once the arm is off he will need a hydraulic press to press out the old bushing and then press it in again.

I am going to remove the arms myself and then go get the bushings pressed in and out because I don't have a hydraulic press.

Did you ever figure out if cornering improved? I was leaning towards getting springs and sways but this mod seems the most for bang for my buck

Never knew about this thread :/

The steering is definitely more linear & camber seems better controlled. They probably reduce understeer a touch, but won't make the same handling difference as new spring/struts would.

However, the good thing about this mod is that it can be done independently to other suspension mods. It'll make a difference regardless of where you are at in the mod cycle :icon_wink

Additional reason I decided for this upgrade is that the stock bushings are weak, there are several reports of them being destroyed on this board, especially in conjunction with stiffer front sway bar.

Think about it as a preventive maintaince :lol:

do you guys think I will have clearance problems. I'm running 19"x7.5" 45 offset w/225/35/19 and have H-tech springs. I don't rub at all even with a full car.

144944(1).thumb.JPG.f4fb812744f18afd5b17d65e0614d9e4.JPG

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

do you guys think I will have clearance problems. I'm running 19"x7.5" 45 offset w/225/35/19 and have H-tech springs. I don't rub at all even with a full car.

Looks great! The standard set would keep your current clearance. The offset kit you would have to try out to see. Anyone with more tire/wheel clearance info?

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

Well, there are only three guys on the face of the planet who've fitted this bushes.

All three have used the #SPF2802K kit.

• One is running 215/45-18 w/ standard suspension
  • One is running 215/45-18 w/ lowered suspension (30mm)
  • One is running 215/45-17 w/ lowered suspension (25mm) - me

We don't have any clearance issues. As for larger wheel & tyre packages, it's a bit of a guess.

I'm now running the Perrin PSRS bushings, which add about 1.5 degrees of caster on each side (more than the Fulcrum offset kit would add) -- no problems with the OEM wheels and standard size tires. I orderded the offset kit last week. More caster FTW!

Archived