LegacyGT.com

Fulcrum Superpro LCA bushes (group buy?)

hifiandmtb

Spoke with Global yesterday and they informed us that Australia has received all the parts they need and hope to be going to production within the next 48 to 72 hours. Using that time frame Global hopes to have the units to us (Rallitek) within 7 to 10 days. At which time we will do our best to get them out the door as fast a possible to you all.

http://www.rallitek.com

1-888-773-1212

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And then there were four (Fulcrum LCA owners) - from here:

I have the asymmetrical Fulcrum Superpro LCA bushes set installed for > 24 hour now and i'm really happy with the improvement,make that really, really happy actuallyhttp://www.carandimage.com/forums/images/smilies/3applausi.gif. Not planning to repeat hifi's report but just emphasiziing the bits that I'm enjoying the most. There is more meat and feel to the steering, especially the first 90 degree of the turn and find myself not having to make little correction half way through some familiar corners . The self centering and highway stability are definitely improved.

I had driven E46 and E90 3 series in the past and have always admired their weighty and feelsome steering and after the Fulcrum bushing change, i'm happy to say my Liberty GT's steering is becoming a bit more "BMWesque" http://www.carandimage.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif .

I took my in laws' E46 325 and Lexus IS 300 out for a back to back spin after my family dinner last ngiht and found the Lib steering to be somewhere in between the 3 series and the IS300 in term of weight and feel. Brought a smile to my face when i drove my own car after the other 2.

The Melb members are more than welcomed to take my car for a spin to see if this is worthwhile in the future but i'm a real convert and rate this as one of the best bang for buck mod.

I got mine last week! Thanks Rallitek/IPD.

Parts look great. Need to find the torque specs and just waiting to get some shop time to do the install.

Let me know how you like them.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

i'm debating between stock or mixed...

damn it

I don't get it. Why are people getting the mixed set if their stock alignment is fine? Won't this cause the alignment to pull to one side? I though you would want either the stock or the double-offset, not the mixed.

Why are people getting the mixed set if their stock alignment is fine? Won't this cause the alignment to pull to one side? I though you would want either the stock or the double-offset, not the mixed.

You are correct. The mixed kit is for alignment correction. Get the standard, or the offset if you have no castor pull from the alignment right now. After my trip to SubieFest(600+ miles), my car is darty in ruts at freeway speed due to my fat tires. I am going to install the 'offset' bushings in my car.

Sean S.

I maintain my point of vew that it is better to get the offset bushings. the increased caster i what will give you the steering returability and quicker turn in. I

I agree! I purchased the double offset kit for that reason. I had the Perrin PSRS on my WRX, and it really helped the on-center feel.

Another option for guys with coilovers that have pillowball camber plates is to swap the plates from side to side and rotate them so that you end up with a combo camber/caster plate. With that setup on my MR coilovers I have about 1.75-2* of negative camber and 8* of caster. The car is dead nuts solid on center with quick turn-in. A nice side effect of the extra caster is that it effectively turns into negative camber as the wheel is turned. So in effect you get the positive effects of running more negative camber without the excessive tire wear of lots of static negative camber. This setup proved itself nicely at the track when my tire wear was even across the tire, while other guys in LGT's running with standard amounts of caster showed lots of outside shoulder wear.

I am currently at 6.31 and 5.23 for castor. Which kit would you get?

camber is -1.14 and -1.16

Looks like you need to asymetric kit.

Caster on mine is 5.9/6.1.

I don't get it. Why are people getting the mixed set if their stock alignment is fine? Won't this cause the alignment to pull to one side? I though you would want either the stock or the double-offset, not the mixed.

I meant "double-offset"

just ordered that!!

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Archived