LegacyGT.com

Fulcrum Superpro LCA bushes (group buy?)

hifiandmtb

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
any one in the tri-state area have these? i would like to see how much of a difference it really makes. there were soo many posts about the sti bushings being so great and i disagree dont think they made any improvement.

Not likely since the batch order hasn't even shipped out, maybe once the group buy is complete.

I'm definately going for it, just waiting to hear feedback on nvh once more people get them installed and give their opinions. The Perrin solid bushing replacement is supposed to be harsh so this should be a very nice compromise.

Not likely since the batch order hasn't even shipped out, maybe once the group buy is complete.

I'm definately going for it, just waiting to hear feedback on nvh once more people get them installed and give their opinions. The Perrin solid bushing replacement is supposed to be harsh so this should be a very nice compromise.

That's the same reason why I didn't go for the perrin's but then again whitetiger said they aren't harsh at all. but then again its all subjective.

Perrin isn't harsh if you're driving on smooth highways. Otherwise, it let's you know that it's there any time you hit some crack in the road or a freeway joint. I'm replacing the perrin part with the fulcrum part.

As a segway, last week I drove a BMW325xi. What a difference in the steering feel without the need to replace any bushings and to stiffen the suspension components! the main difference though seems to be that in the bimmer, the steering wheel is forced to go back to center all the time, which results in a phenomenal feeling of stability at all speeds.

Perrin isn't harsh if you're driving on smooth highways. Otherwise, it let's you know that it's there any time you hit some crack in the road or a freeway joint. I'm replacing the perrin part with the fulcrum part.

As a segway, last week I drove a BMW325xi. What a difference in the steering feel without the need to replace any bushings and to stiffen the suspension components! the main difference though seems to be that in the bimmer, the steering wheel is forced to go back to center all the time, which results in a phenomenal feeling of stability at all speeds.

so do u think the fulcrum will make the legacy feel as the bimmer did?

That's the same reason why I didn't go for the perrin's but then again whitetiger said they aren't harsh at all. but then again its all subjective.

I never said ther were not harsh at all, i said they arent as bad as people say, but there is definitly a significant NVH increase, just not unbearable.

Looks great! The standard set would keep your current clearance. The offset kit you would have to try out to see. Anyone with more tire/wheel clearance info?

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

I just ordered mine.:icon_bigg So will see what happens. So how many per orders have you got so far? I was just wondering how people are getting them.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

My guess is Rallitek placed an order with the sole U.S. distributor of Fulcrum, Global Performance Parts, and Global only submits an order to Fulcrum periodically (every week or two?) so their entire order is large enough to keep shipping within reason, since Fulcrum is based in Australia. Plus, there's always the Customs wildcard. I've ordered multiple time from both Japanparts and AVOturboworld (items have shipped from both Japan and Australia) and packages arrived in a reasonable amount of time, but when I was waiting for something from Canada it took forever as it apparently was in limbo at Customs for quite a while.

Tim,

get these on your car yet?

I haven't got them yet. I ordered directly from Global but they'll probably arrive there in the same shipment as Rallitek's. They're cheaper through the Rallitek GB (power of quantity purchasing) but I already comitted to get them before the GB and Global's been good to deal with the couple of times I already ordered from them (Whiteline heavy duty adjustable swaybar endlinks front & rear, and Whiteline bushings for OEM front sway).

BTW, the OEM ones look scarier every time I jack up the front end.

How so?

Not mine, but they look like these or worse...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=512996&postcount=4

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=644900&postcount=2

Subaru says it's OK...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=645169&postcount=5

but I have my doubts as I don't think they were engineered to routinely tear with no ill effects.

Archived