LegacyGT.com

Fulcrum Superpro LCA bushes (group buy?)

hifiandmtb

Does that mean it's taking a long time to get them?

Yes, because the company that produces them is still working on a batch to be shipped to Rallitek. I'm happy to wait since I won't likely be installing them until spring anyway.

DK: no mention of squeakyness from the few folks that have them installed so far.

Andy

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DK: no mention of squeakyness from the few folks that have them installed so far.

Andy

What squeakyness? I have not heard that.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Yes, because the company that produces them is still working on a batch to be shipped to Rallitek. I'm happy to wait since I won't likely be installing them until spring anyway.

Andy

Yeah, it's been like a month so far? Wait until the grease dries up and dirt, rocks, etc, etc sneak into the interface.. Everything that comes oem has a rubber boot or is somehow sealed. I bet those wouldn't make it through one winter here.

We are hoping to hear back from Global shortly. Hopefully we will have an update within the next 24 hours as to where the remaining units of this batch are, so that we may get them out to you guys ASAP.

Worst case. avo is putting bushings out in the future as well.

Yeah, it's been like a month so far? Wait until the grease dries up and dirt, rocks, etc, etc sneak into the interface.. Everything that comes oem has a rubber boot or is somehow sealed. I bet those wouldn't make it through one winter here.

never had a squeak issue on the accord in about 4 years of using poly bushings

I hope mine get here soon because I'm about to getting my 15k service next week and 4 wheel alignment is included. So I won't have to play twice for an alignment.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Got mine installed the other day. The difference is subtle, but it is there. I had a vibration in my wheel at high speeds, and now it is gone. I don't know if that's cause a wheel got moved to the back while the car was being worked on or if the bushings did it or whatever, but the vibration is gone. So far I don't regret getting them.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Got mine installed the other day. The difference is subtle, but it is there. I had a vibration in my wheel at high speeds, and now it is gone. I don't know if that's cause a wheel got moved to the back while the car was being worked on or if the bushings did it or whatever, but the vibration is gone. So far I don't regret getting them.

What other suspenion mods do you have?

Mine aren't set for delivery until Monday. I wanna here more reviews of folks that have their's installed. I'm gonna wait to get my Cobb sways installed (they arrive Monday too!) then the bushes then a performance alingment. Sounds killer to me!

I just got off the phone with my local Subaru dealer( name deleted to protect the helpful). He said bring it down and he will do it with my 15k service as a warranty replacement and told "me to keep the money in my pocket!" Now I have to find a day to drop my car off.

I just got off the phone with my local Subaru dealer( name deleted to protect the helpful). He said bring it down and he will do it with my 15k service as a warranty replacement and told "me to keep the money in my pocket!" Now I have to find a day to drop my car off.

Well, if it is how it sounds - it is unethical, to put it mildy - SOA get shafted for false warranty claim (unless the bushings are shot indeed). If the dealer is so nice, he should do it as courtesy as a part their 15k service (which is prolly overpriced anyway).

I had my bushings installed a few days ago and have put about 65-70 miles on them (mix of city and highway).

The bad: They do transfer a bit more NVH...not a lot on most roads but definitly more...and on some roads (like the new overhead expressway we have here) they cause a loud resonance type drone that is a bit annoying.

The good: They went in very easily, tech was done in about an hour and then moved on to the alignment. The new bushings look quite a bit more substnatial and sturdy than the factory bushings.

Handling: Seems just about the same, maybe a touch crisper feel in the wheel and the wheel definitly returns to center better now. Definitly an improvement over stock...but not a huge difference.

Cliff Notes:

Bad-Some Noise

Good-Will last longer and feel a bit better.

I had my bushings installed a few days ago and have put about 65-70 miles on them (mix of city and highway).

The bad: They do transfer a bit more NVH...not a lot on most roads but definitly more...and on some roads (like the new overhead expressway we have here) they cause a loud resonance type drone that is a bit annoying.

The good: They went in very easily, tech was done in about an hour and then moved on to the alignment. The new bushings look quite a bit more substnatial and sturdy than the factory bushings.

Handling: Seems just about the same, maybe a touch crisper feel in the wheel and the wheel definitly returns to center better now. Definitly an improvement over stock...but not a huge difference.

Cliff Notes:

Bad-Some Noise

Good-Will last longer and feel a bit better.

What other supsension mods do you have? springs? tires? About the dealer bushing install. He asked why I wanted to replace it and I said the stock bushing felt mush and I wanted to replace it. He asked me my mileage and then said he could replace it.

Archived