LegacyGT.com

Fulcrum Superpro LCA bushes (group buy?)

hifiandmtb

1) unclemat (reg. version)

2)fweasel (reg. version)

3)hal9e3 - 03K. I've complained about the lack of self-centering before.

4)Underdog - will let you know which one but standard for now.

5)CaptainMorgan - Reg Version

6)trabbic -Regular

7)MOTOP - Regular

8) SubieRU -- 2 offset bushings, SPF 2803K

9)itsme- reg. Now I have to find someone to put them on?

10) abakja1 (regular)

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2)fweasel (reg. version)

6)trabbic -Regular

7)MOTOP - Regular

10) abakja1 (regular)

11) RobY (regular)

I'm surprized that no one except hal9e3 and myself has signed up for the offset bushings that allow for more caster. Do they have any drawbacks that I'm not aware of? The Perrin offset bushings (PSRS) are great except my butt hearts when going over highway joints.:)

i think people are just scared about drastic alignment changes. the will only give you about a degree more in caster. the increased caster from the offset bushings will give more steering feedback, response and returnability ove the regular non offset ones. IMHO, the benefit on the increased caste should be one of the main reasons to buy this in the first place.

i think people are just scared about drastic alignment changes. the will only give you about a degree more in caster. the increased caster from the offset bushings will give more steering feedback, response and returnability ove the regular non offset ones. IMHO, the benefit on the increased caste should be one of the main reasons to buy this in the first place.

So what are the cons? Do you think I will have a clearance problem with my 19"s?

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

So what are the cons? Do you think I will have a clearance problem with my 19"s?

Increased tire wear is a big con, this was a big issue with NSX's from the factory they came with above average caster to help with steering response, but they went through very expensive tires fast.

It should not be an issue with your 19's as long as you went with a +2 setup instead of a larger than stock overall diameter.

Increased caster on its own will not contribute to increased tyre wear.

In fact, increased caster = increased dynamic camber (more negative camber when you turn into a corner) so you can actually reduce static camber (that seen when wheels are pointing straight ahead) and limit inside tyre wear.

Honestly, it's all good!

Ah - see, the "factory recommended caster" settings are not great. Nor is caster adjustable without fitting something like these bushes.

We all adjust camber well outside Subaru's recommended settings & don't even bat an eyelid. And this knowing that increased negative camber will chew the inside tyre tread & cause tramlining.

If you are worried about the outcome, you must get a proper alignment done before ordering the bush. You will then know if you have a caster delta issue & understand if you can just run the non-offset bush set or need one or more offset bushes.

Me, I knew what I wanted. I had less caster on the left than the right & wanted more on the left than the right. I only knew this by getting an alignment done (cost me $15). Simple, eh?

Ah - see, the "factory recommended caster" settings are not great. Nor is caster adjustable without fitting something like these bushes.

We all adjust camber well outside Subaru's recommended settings & don't even bat an eyelid. And this knowing that increased negative camber will chew the inside tyre tread & cause tramlining.

If you are worried about the outcome, you must get a proper alignment done before ordering the bush. You will then know if you have a caster delta issue & understand if you can just run the non-offset bush set or need one or more offset bushes.

Me, I knew what I wanted. I had less caster on the left than the right & wanted more on the left than the right. I only knew this by getting an alignment done (cost me $15). Simple, eh?

I see. I guess I'll have to feel it out and see what Sean from RalliTEK finds when he talks to the superpro engineer. I dont even have my car yet and I'm not planning on doing any mods that should affect the camber for a while. Tires + bushings until I get a feel for the car and bring it out to autox a couple times.

Regular Bushings minimizes the guesswork involved, and any potential error that the chap installing the bushings may incorporate into my already functional suspension.

The car has enough caster stock as is. over 2 degrees more than the STI and EVO.

In FWD and AWD cars increased caster can make torque steer more prevalant.

High amounts of caster can contribute to inside edge tire feathering. As prevalant on the 350z with 11 degrees of caster.

and... drumroll please...

Changing stock mounting points in the suspension will take me out of a semi competitive STU class and put me in a Street prepared class or Street Mod. Which unless you are willing to dump butloads of money into ANY car you will be the lose.

Yep, this is my thinking, too. It's already intrusive mod, I don't want to have it installed/aligned several times if there are problems.

WELL DONE HIFI!!!

great thread.

All of us in N. America echo your thoughts, "WTF SUBARU"

Imagine the little things that would have made this car so much better,

better bushings, the crap rear sway bar etc. How much would that have cost:icon_conf and what an improvement.

I jumped and ordered the bushes, I can't wait to get them. Sorry to those doing the GB path,but, I see so many of these take weeks to get going then people back out.

$126.00 from Global Performance Parts

2)fweasel (reg. version)

6)trabbic -Regular

7)MOTOP - Regular

10) abakja1 (regular)

11) RobY (regular)

12) amason - regular (if you can ship to Canada via USPS)

I found out the bushing kits will take 1-2 weeks to be manufactured according to SuperPro.

Once our order is filled, they are being shipped airfreight. Air takes about a week to clear customs here in USA.

So we have 2-4 weeks for the parts to arrive. I will add the units to www.RalliTEK.com ASAP and we can start taking orders.

I ordered 80 units. 75-80% Standard, 20-25% Offest, and only 4 mixed kits. (based on our poll)

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

Archived