LegacyGT.com

Fulcrum Superpro LCA bushes (group buy?)

hifiandmtb

I was so interested I already ordered mine a few days ago.

Did you just call up that place that was mentioned to order? This part isn't on their website just yet. I'll probably order these before the group buy really starts to take place as well.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you just call up that place that was mentioned to order? This part isn't on their website just yet. I'll probably order these before the group buy really starts to take place as well.

If you search by vehicle it won't show up, but you can find it by searching for part number SPF2801K.

Why not get the dual offset package? Wouldn't this provide the most adjustability down the line? Maybe I'm just confused... If the offsets are only to correct a pull then I would need to wait and see how my car responds first... :lol:

Otherwise,

1) unclemat (reg. version)

2)fweasel (reg. version)

3)hal9e3 - 03K. I've complained about the lack of self-centering before.

4)Underdog - will let you know which one but standard for now.

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

OK, so bear with me if I'm being an idiot, I don't know much about this.

If the car pulls to one side I get an alignment. You're saying these bushings are another way to correct it or does it correct some factory defect? And if so, how do I know I have a factory defect?

For the most part my car tracks straight, definitely after an alignment. So maybe the standard version is right for me?

[ <--- Holy Cats, 800 posts. Time to get a life, huh?]

A vehicle can pull to one side because of an issue with:

1. Front toe

2. Rear toe (affecting the thrust line)

3. Front camber imbalance

4. Mismatched tyre pressures or another tyre issue

5. Caster imbalance

Issues 1 through 3 are fixed via normal wheel alignment. Issue 4 is also easily resolved.

On the GEN4 Liberty (read: Legacy), caster is not adjustable - that's where this product comes in.

It is quite rare for a vehicle to be built with such precision so caster is even side to side, or ideally, that there's more on the nearside (RHS of a U.S. vehicle) as this better resists the tendency for a car to fall off the camber of the road. In Australia, I travel long distances on single-lane roads with pronounced road camber.

If you get a wheel alignment done before fitting the bushes, your suspension shop can tell you if you have a (significant) caster imbalance that might need asymmetric bushes. Otherwise, symmetric bushes would be fine.

If you get a wheel alignment done before fitting the bushes, your suspension shop can tell you if you have a (significant) caster imbalance that might need asymmetric bushes. Otherwise, symmetric bushes would be fine.

But, if you just get the asymmetric set anyways won't you be better off so that they can adjust the caster to within spec?

Assuming same price and reusability (press out and back in a couple times for adjustment), why not get the asymmetric bushings and have your caster be dead-on?

Having absolutely even caster side-to-side isn't always what you want - certainly, I did not. I wanted more on the left than the right (considering we drive on the LHS).

As stated in the Fulcrum literature, using two (2) offset bushes can be used to:

1. Correct a strong pull condition, or;

2. Give a large amount of extra caster on both sides.

When aligning a vehicle, you should always do it in this order:

1. Caster

2. Camber

3. Toe

Both toe & camber can be easily adjusted to correct any slight pull.

When you say asymmetric bushes, you mean two (2) offset bushes yes? Well, I guess your friendly suspension shop could press the bushes in & out a few times but don't forget that a full alignment would be needed between each change & this could get rather tedious :icon_wink

Oh - and "caster within spec"...these bushes will mean caster is a fair bit more than what Subaru recommends but Subaru has absolutely no idea about some things...

Put me down for a regular version!

2)fweasel (reg. version)

5)CaptainMorgan - Reg Version

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Having absolutely even caster side-to-side isn't always what you want - certainly, I did not. I wanted more on the left than the right (considering we drive on the LHS).

As stated in the Fulcrum literature, using two (2) offset bushes can be used to:

1. Correct a strong pull condition, or;

2. Give a large amount of extra caster on both sides.

When aligning a vehicle, you should always do it in this order:

1. Caster

2. Camber

3. Toe

Both toe & camber can be easily adjusted to correct any slight pull.

When you say asymmetric bushes, you mean two (2) offset bushes yes? Well, I guess your friendly suspension shop could press the bushes in & out a few times but don't forget that a full alignment would be needed between each change & this could get rather tedious :icon_wink

Oh - and "caster within spec"...these bushes will mean caster is a fair bit more than what Subaru recommends but Subaru has absolutely no idea about some things...

So, the symmetrical bushings will do the trick unless the vehicle pulls really hard to one side and is not correctable through toe/camber adjustments. (for example, bent control arm) Got it. Thanks for the help!

Well, hopefully the vehicle doesn't pull, but I'll let you know as soon as I get it CasopoliS. Until then, I'd just assume the symmetrical set.

From the looks of it, an adjustment doesn't look simple. It appears the bushing would have to be removed & re-inserted at a precise angle, which makes me think adjusting would amount to serious shop time & consequently $$$.

I've got a hydraulic press and optical comparator at work, but it's true about the time. Plus the car will be otherwise completely stock, so the adjustments may not really be necessary. I'll probably just have the mechanic throw them in when I go for my first alignment.

2)fweasel (reg. version)

6)trabbic -Regular

7)

8)

9)

10)

Remember also that changing your caster for the best handling is not without drawbacks, like accelerated tire wear.

2)fweasel (reg. version)

6)trabbic -Regular

7)MOTOP - Regular

8)

9)

10)

2)fweasel (reg. version)

6)trabbic -Regular

7)MOTOP - Regular

8) SubieRU -- 2 offset bushings, SPF 2803K

9)

10)

2)fweasel (reg. version)

6)trabbic -Regular

7)MOTOP - Regular

8) SubieRU -- 2 offset bushings, SPF 2803K

9)itsme- reg. Now I have to find someone to put them on?

10)

Anyone nere Carson know a place to get them installed? Maybe we can get a group install price:icon_bigg . After I put on my h-tech I got my car alighed and it doesn't pull. So I will get the regular. Also how much will it be?

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived