LegacyGT.com

new 2007 DRL + HID help!

20lgt06

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I though someone in another thread said the dealer could turn them off - there are other settings that the dealer can change on these cars too. :confused:

I think they meant the dealer could snip the wire instead of you...I could be wrong though. The dealer is likely to only do this if you have a valid reason like going through the gate on a military installation. You are supposed to turn your lights off before you get to the checkpoint so the guards can see you and you aren't blinding them.

That's the reason I gave the insurance company.

I think they meant the dealer could snip the wire instead of you...I could be wrong though. The dealer is likely to only do this if you have a valid reason like going through the gate on a military installation. You are supposed to turn your lights off before you get to the checkpoint so the guards can see you and you aren't blinding them.

• 2 weeks later...

excellent thread.

Just did HIDs in my 07, didnt have time to mess with the DRLs. Leaving the headlights on for now because there isnt enough voltage to keep the hids on when the DRLs are on and the bulbs just flicker, kinda like strobes, but it cant be good for the ballasts.

I will be doing the blue/black wire remove from harness mod 2morrow :)

We did them on an 06 legacy as well, I didnt try unplugging his DRL module cause it didnt work on mine, so I will try that as well. I Knew I would had to remove a pin from the hardshell on my 07 and you guys just cut my time down. :)

Luck 06 owners! ahah

Good thread :thumbs up:

well i just ran outside and did the mod, took about 3 minutes. It helps to have a wire terminal removal kit.

I chose to take the brown wire out so that I will still have 'drls' with the parking lights, cause I do have alot of foggy commutes.

:) works perfectly .

the internet rules! ahah :)

If I remove just the brown one, will that kill the tail lights as well as the headlights and leave just the parking on? Or do I need to remove the blue/black also and just kill everything? I would like to leave the parking lights as the DRLs but shut off the head & tail lights.

Thanks.

Which (one wire)? Brown or Blue/Black? I woould like the parking lights on but no headlights or tail lights.

wow when i first started this thread i dont know if anyone else figured out another way to do it.

what worked for me and is on the 1st page is

cut

Brown -- low beam

blue/black -- front and rear park lights

Which (one wire)? Brown or Blue/Black? I woould like the parking lights on but no headlights or tail lights.

Just cut or remove the Blue/Black wire and then you can turn your parking lights on independant of everything else. This will also turn on your rear parking lights as well though.

So If I read this thread correctly.

Brown is DRL headlights ONLY disabled, DRL marker lights still on

black/blue is DRL haedlights, parkings lights disabled.

(i.e. like any pre 2000 Subie)

Both do not effect the standard stalk operation of marker, headlight, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Just removed the blue/black wire, not sure what it did other than remove the DRL light from the cluster and disable the DRL lights. Took about 5 minutes, just gotta make sure when your doing it not to keep pushing the pop clip back in cause its easy to do lol.

I cut the brown wire and it disabled the DRL's but I lost my fogs and my high beam. Is there any way to just disable the DRL's for the HID's but keep the fogs and high beams?

Make sure the white connector is plugged back in fully. Sounds like it might not be pushed back in all the way. The brown wire should only disable the DRL headlights but keep the DRL parking lights on. The fogs and high beams should still work.

I cut the brown wire and it disabled the DRL's but I lost my fogs and my high beam. Is there any way to just disable the DRL's for the HID's but keep the fogs and high beams?

Yes, cut the BLUE/BLACK wire ONLY and do the "fog mod" found somewhere on this site. The brown wire does nothing productive when you cut it.

Really? I cut the brown wire only and I never unplugged the white connector so I don't think I need to plug it in any further.

Odd. I think I would reconnect that wire and cut the Blue/Black one instead. If the fogs and highs still don't work, you may need to check your fuses.

Odd. I think I would reconnect that wire and cut the Blue/Black one instead. If the fogs and highs still don't work, you may need to check your fuses.

Wow. I feel retarded. I had a friend do this with me and he unplugged the white connector after I cut the brown wire and I just checked and plugged it back in and now everything's normal...

2007 OBP Legacy 2.5GT 5MT -

vBGarage

2001 SSM 3.2CL Type-S

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, cut the BLUE/BLACK wire ONLY and do the "fog mod" found somewhere on this site. The brown wire does nothing productive when you cut it.

The brown wire is "productive" when you still want use of your parking lights, some people might want everything off, while others still might want the option of having parking lights, so it's more of an opinion of how you want it done, then being "productive" or not.

The brown wire is "productive" when you still want use of your parking lights, some people might want everything off, while others still might want the option of having parking lights, so it's more of an opinion of how you want it done, then being "productive" or not.

You can still turn only your parking lights on when cut the blue/black wire. No, they don't come on automatically anymore but I thought that was the whole point of the thread...to be able to choose when you want your lights on and when you don't.

Is there any way to disable the DRL light on the dash? It's annoying with the little yellow light lit up when I'm driving...

Yep...you have to disconnect that Blue/Black wire. That will keep your parking light DRL's from coming on and keep the dash light off too. Right now with only the Brown wire disabled, you have the main headlight DRL's off but your parking light DRL's still light up automatically so the dash light stays on.

To all who contributed on this thread, thanks a lot. The pictures and descriptions were on the money. Took me about 15 minutes to complete the process, and I'm a total amateur when it comes to wiring anything. It was a pain in the butt to pull out the blue/black wire. I used a very small flathead screwdriver and was able to push the wire out of the harness. Good luck to all who try. Relief is only minutes away!