LegacyGT.com

The complete Megan Racing catback info thread. Pics, vids and dynos!

Boostjunkie

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
damn wheres everyone at on the GB?... lets go people!!!! i know we still have two weeks but shit...you all beg for the GB, and now its time to come up with the $$$ and everyone blanks...cmon bishes

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

The folks at Megan Racing want to see how well the sedan version sells before commiting to manufacturing a wagon version. The changes needed are simple, so really it's just a matter of time, maybe a couple months after the sedan version is released.

obxt wagon:icon_conf

• 2 weeks later...

Bump! A slot has just reopened in the GB: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42588

Wagon owners, while I don't have a wagon specific version for you yet, it seems that TDC will be offering some of their MR catbacks with extended tips for wagon fitment. Hit them up for pricing on their modified systems.

Bump! A slot has just reopened in the GB: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42588

Wagon owners, while I don't have a wagon specific version for you yet, it seems that TDC will be offering some of their MR catbacks with extended tips for wagon fitment. Hit them up for pricing on their modified systems.

w00t!!!

Sorry no I didn't realize that Jon did make the "offer" to the wagon guys

We will make the wagon extensions but it will add to the price of the unit.

Since it will have to ship to us, fabricate, and then re ship the price for a custom wagon megan cat back will be $750 shipped

The shipping is the killer not the fabrication.

PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

I've only recently been hearing stuff about catback exhausts. What's the advantage over stock exhaust? Same as new UP's and DP's (more flow)?

Also, what's the difference between a catback exhaust and a turboback exhaust?

A catback replaces stock piping from cat through to the mufflers. A turboback replaces the entire exhasut system. Headers, up pipe down pipe catback.

A turboback replaces the entire exhasut system. Headers, up pipe down pipe catback.

Not unless your headers and up pipe is behind your turbo :lol:

A turboback is just downpipe and catback. Called a turboback because it replaces the exhuast from the turbo, back.

Those are prototype mufflers. The flow tube was not angled perfectly before the split to the tips, so the gases were favoring one tip. Regardless, the dyno numbers speak for themselves. The gains are most certainly there. The junction of the internal y-pipe to the flow tube has been smoothed on the production models to even out the gas flow between the tip, so those might even make a tiny bit more power, but I highly doubt it. Honestly, even if only one tip flowed at all, they are 2.25" in diameter. The area of two 2.25" tubes is greater than the 3" midpipe that preceed it, so even if it were just one tip on each side flowing (which is NOT the case) they would still outflow the rest of the exhaust. Total non-issue.

Suggestion: Can you post a dyno pull vid of a STOCK LGT? Would give a nice comparison. (Yes, I know we can all listen to our own vehicles, but nice to switch back and forth and compare.)

We tried to keep the sound levels moderate. We wanted a nice boxer burble, but didn't want something that would annoy non-enthusiast passengers (like my wife! :lol:) or wake up the neighbors. I think we achieved that since the final version got the seal of approval from my better half :)

Here are a couple vids. The vid on the dyno is a bit loud because even stock cars are loud on the dyno, but it gives you a good idea of the tone of the exhaust.

Archived